Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Does Zen Meditation work on Force Verve on Zor'lok encounter?
    Yes it does

Quote Originally Posted by Daredalus View Post
    Yes it does
    Thanks for lot

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    Our healing team is actually really strong but our Hpala wasn't available yesterday though. It's probably more about the dps not doing enough to keep themselves alive tbh, they rely too much on the healers in general. But if you managed to do this with an oom healer, our raiders just have to step it up.
    It is highly possible your DPS rely too much on your healers, which is to be expected to some extent, though in certain situations they really have to prioritize keeping everyone alive above their own personal output.

Our ele shaman somehow managed to pull out 22k HPS on the fight by popping healing CDs and burning heals towards the end, and our druid tank was also very reactive and managed to pop a tranq at some point while the boss was channeling the AOE. Having raiders take initiative and doing these things which normally goes beyond their roles are the difference between a kill and a wipe in tight spots like the one we found ourselves in.

I would claim to say executing the fight itself is not very challenging once you have a solid strategy and setup, though, so I will simply wish you good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Matash View Post
    I already did that with our mage who is now doing around 70k on dummy without buffs, so i have become a little expert on mages, because I did study it properly. But I must say I dont know if I am able to do this with everyone Is there some mighty dps who want to transfer to drakthul eu alliance to play with me? ;-) One skilled tank would be cool as well
    Well, good job with your mage then. Though do not feel it is your responsibility to study every class and spec in great detail to the point where you know more about the class than your raiders. For the most part they should be able to handle it themselves, but they might need a push in the right direction, which is where you come in.

I would suggest informing your raiders in detail of how you and your mage went through his character and performance to find where improvements could be made, and ask your raiders to put in some effort to do the same. Encourage them to help each other and be ready to assist those who need it the most. The important thing is that everyone understands what you expect of them, which at a minimum should be what I listed earlier, and actually do it.

Be careful not to hold their hands through this process though, just guide them ever so slightly.
    Last edited by damz2969; 2012-11-02 at 10:00 PM.

Deleted
    Rain of Blades,

Can someone tell me how they handle this shit? We use our disc priests, everyone has a shield on the first two... (which seem 1 minute apart). Then (i dont know why....) during after that it starts taking 10 seconds off it's cooldown... every now and then it just casts it faster and faster...

Meaning we use tranq, demo banners... R/C.... The Disc priests Dome (no clue about the name)....

Yet i find healing super unstable... the further we get into this shit the more worried i become

This the the rain of blades after all the adds are dead, incase anyone was wondering

We're doing this 3 healers, 1 tank.

How many people need to be out of melee to not get windbombs there? (At the moment all three healers run around like twats... and aren't standing still)

Quote Originally Posted by Odeanathus View Post
    Rain of Blades,

Can someone tell me how they handle this shit?

We used our Monk's Revival for the first.
    Resto Druid Tranq for the second.
    Bear Tranq for the third.
    Revival again for the 4th.

Not sure what our Holy Paladin did.
    Last edited by apinksquash; 2012-11-02 at 11:18 PM.
    Life is good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanath View Post
    It is highly possible your DPS rely too much on your healers, which is to be expected to some extent, though in certain situations they really have to prioritize keeping everyone alive above their own personal output.

Our ele shaman somehow managed to pull out 22k HPS on the fight by popping healing CDs and burning heals towards the end, and our druid tank was also very reactive and managed to pop a tranq at some point while the boss was channeling the AOE. Having raiders take initiative and doing these things which normally goes beyond their roles are the difference between a kill and a wipe in tight spots like the one we found ourselves in.

I would claim to say executing the fight itself is not very challenging once you have a solid strategy and setup, though, so I will simply wish you good luck.

Well, good job with your mage then. Though do not feel it is your responsibility to study every class and spec in great detail to the point where you know more about the class than your raiders. For the most part they should be able to handle it themselves, but they might need a push in the right direction, which is where you come in.

I would suggest informing your raiders in detail of how you and your mage went through his character and performance to find where improvements could be made, and ask your raiders to put in some effort to do the same. Encourage them to help each other and be ready to assist those who need it the most. The important thing is that everyone understands what you expect of them, which at a minimum should be what I listed earlier, and actually do it.

Be careful not to hold their hands through this process though, just guide them ever so slightly.
    As a Bear tank myself, I used every NS to heal and popped Tranq - I even landed a few Healing Touch as well. Our Spriest had Symbiosis, so he could Tranq and our Prot Pala was using WoG and LoH.

However I think we figured out, what we need to do different. We weren't stacked enough for the AoE, then move out really fast after not to get hit in the face by the blade thing or w/e it is he throws at people.

This boss will go down fast on Sunday for sure and then it's off to Heroic Elegon.

As a Bear tank myself, I used every NS to heal and popped Tranq - I even landed a few Healing Touch as well. Our Spriest had Symbiosis, so he could Tranq and our Prot Pala was using WoG and LoH.

However I think we figured out, what we need to do different. We weren't stacked enough for the AoE, then move out really fast after not to get hit in the face by the blade thing or w/e it is he throws at people.

This boss will go down fast on Sunday for sure and then it's off to Heroic Elegon.
    Yea, the stacking up part was a bit tricky, as the bossmod timers were off. What we did was that when the timer was at like below 10 seconds we simply moved close to him and prepared to stack up as soon as he would cast it.

Deleted
    Really awesome thread, but its very unconfortable to go throught 17 pages to find an answer - could you sort all Qs/As on your OP, please?

Deleted
    Was wondering if anyone could give a few tips on Heroic Elegon as well?

We're aiming for Windlord Normal ofc and then Heroic Elegon this weekend and from what I can see, the main difference is the add and the fact that there's the "zones" or w/e you call them, where you're out of LoS from heals?

How much HP does the orbs have? And how is the Enrage timer compared to dps output?

Was wondering if anyone could give a few tips on Heroic Elegon as well?

We're aiming for Windlord Normal ofc and then Heroic Elegon this weekend and from what I can see, the main difference is the add and the fact that there's the "zones" or w/e you call them, where you're out of LoS from heals?

How much HP does the orbs have? And how is the Enrage timer compared to dps output?
    Heroic Elegon is very easy for being a heroic boss. Difference being more hp and dmg and the adds that you have to soak in a rotation. When you are inside the circle, you are LOS from anything outside, and opposite.

Phase 1, you should have 2 adds and then 3 or 4 adds the second time. Do everything like normal, except reset your stacks when the add is at 30-40% before he starts exploding at 25%. When it is exploding outside, have your soaker run out there, pop whatever CD he uses to survive, and then if he goes below 80% HP, you need one of your healers to go outside to heal him up again (he gets stunned which deals damage unless he is healed up). After soaking, he gains a debuff for 2 minutes in which he cannot soak again, so a rotation is needed. Just like on Ultraxion except with 1 person instead of 2.

Phase 2, kill 4 waves of orbs then tunnel the boss until ~3 seconds before floor despawns.

Phase 3, kill the pillars at about the same time. Then kill the adds like you do on normal.

Repeat

In the burn phase, stack up at a mark, pop BL, CDs, 2nd pots. We reset our stacks at somewhere between 5-7, but some prefer to not reset at all.

Orbs have about 700k hp. Enrage timer should not be an issue unless you are incapable of getting 10 stacks on the boss.

Quick check.
    On Will of the Emperor 10N if you are running a meleeheavy setup with 2 or 3 melee should they stay on bosses all the time or help out on adds?
    Any input is highly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Uniqed View Post
    Quick check.
    On Will of the Emperor 10N if you are running a meleeheavy setup with 2 or 3 melee should they stay on bosses all the time or help out on adds?
    Any input is highly appreciated!
    Help out with the adds. Unless your 2/3 remaining dps can keep them all under control (which is doubful)

Deleted
    Heroic Elegon is very easy for being a heroic boss. Difference being more hp and dmg and the adds that you have to soak in a rotation. When you are inside the circle, you are LOS from anything outside, and opposite.

Phase 1, you should have 2 adds and then 3 or 4 adds the second time. Do everything like normal, except reset your stacks when the add is at 30-40% before he starts exploding at 25%. When it is exploding outside, have your soaker run out there, pop whatever CD he uses to survive, and then if he goes below 80% HP, you need one of your healers to go outside to heal him up again (he gets stunned which deals damage unless he is healed up). After soaking, he gains a debuff for 2 minutes in which he cannot soak again, so a rotation is needed. Just like on Ultraxion except with 1 person instead of 2.

Phase 2, kill 4 waves of orbs then tunnel the boss until ~3 seconds before floor despawns.

Phase 3, kill the pillars at about the same time. Then kill the adds like you do on normal.

Repeat

In the burn phase, stack up at a mark, pop BL, CDs, 2nd pots. We reset our stacks at somewhere between 5-7, but some prefer to not reset at all.

Orbs have about 700k hp. Enrage timer should not be an issue unless you are incapable of getting 10 stacks on the boss.
    Cheers, this was about the same things I could gather as well.

Quick question though, why only kill 4 waves of spheres and not 5? Is it cause they have too much HP and move too fast at that point?

Cheers, this was about the same things I could gather as well.

Quick question though, why only kill 4 waves of spheres and not 5? Is it cause they have too much HP and move too fast at that point?
    We just didn't even bother to try, killing 4 waves was enough.
    Last edited by damz2969; 2012-11-03 at 08:02 PM.

Deleted
    We just didn't even bother to try, killing 4 waves was enough.
    But then your overall dps must have been fairly good? Cause I remember our first Normal Elegon kill, we actually hit the enrage timer and only got it, cause our Prot Pala bubbled while the dots and his dps finished the boss lol. On the following kills we didn't have issues though, but we also killed 5 waves.

But then your overall dps must have been fairly good? Cause I remember our first Normal Elegon kill, we actually hit the enrage timer and only got it, cause our Prot Pala bubbled while the dots and his dps finished the boss lol. On the following kills we didn't have issues though, but we also killed 5 waves.
    Yea, our DPS is good

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Really awesome thread, but its very unconfortable to go throught 17 pages to find an answer - could you sort all Qs/As on your OP, please?
    As I said a few pages back (I think 1) I'm no longer raiding 10mans, I only monitor this thread to see if there are questions that I can still answer :/
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    Hello!

My guild downed Gara'jal on heroic mode last week and we're gonna do HoF normal tomorrow.I'm wondering if Garalon normal is more tight than Gara'jal heroic on the enrage timer, or is it a cakewalk if you have downed Gara HC?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The 6 minute enrage Garalon was indeed tight. Not as tight as Gara'jal heroic mind you but it wasn't that far off in the distance. The new 7 minute enrage shouldn't be a problem for a guild that can kill Gara'jal heroic. I mean aside from learning the mechanics in a couple of attempts you shouldn't really have any issues.

Garalon enrage really isn't that tight. If you have downed Garajal heroic you won't spend much time on Garalon if you approach it correctly.

If you have a combat rogue, make sure he always has a leg up to blade flurry.
    You can take 0 tanks and have plate dps soak the swipes (makes healing a bit harder but manageable - you can take 3 heals if you want, we took 2).
    Use hero/bloodlust at the beginning and have healers kite the first pheremones to maximise dps time on boss.

We are only 4/6h MV and killed Garalon in 5:05.