Poll: wWho wins

10+ Year Old Account

Battle of The Century Debate: Goku! v Gurren Lagann!

Alright folks its time to truly decide who the most powerful fictional character in the universe is!

In the ring tonight we have! In the left corner! Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, From the series Gurren Lagann!

BIO:
    A powerful robotic creature of human kind to be used against the evil force of the anti spiral. By the power of Simon's drive and his drill. Gurren Lagann became a galactic powerhouse capable of destroying galaxies, and could even break reality. It will always move forward, like a drill. Simon started out as a wimpy child who followed his father figure and brother figure Kamina and learned from him what it meant to be a man and what it takes accomplish your goals and your dreams.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gurren_Lagann

In the right corner we have Son Goku! From the series Dragon ball, Dragon ball Z and Dragon ball gt, et all.

BIO:
    Goku is a Saiyan warrior from the planet Vegeta who at the last minute was able to escape the planets destruction and his races near extinction. He came to earth where due to a stroke of luck he forgot his primary mission and instead became Earths greatest champion. He grew in strength has he battled powerful opponents. Goku defeated many monsters who were a threat to not just the universe, but existence. Goku broke his limits in every battle and became the greatest warrior of all time.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goku

LET THE DEBATE BEGIN!
    Rules:
    No dragon ball wishes (they are too weak)
    No tele porting into gurren lagann to kill the crew

---------- Post added 2012-10-04 at 10:58 PM ----------

gettin smaller images brb
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2012-10-05 at 01:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Your image for Gurren Lagann is broken.

And I really don't like either :/. I guess Goku because he isn't as annoying as Simon?

10+ Year Old Account
    is the image better i just replaced them both

Deleted
    Oh.. I really don't know who to pick, but from the discriptions I'd say that this Gurren Lagann is better, changing reality is quite powerful, maybe he can use illusions too?

I know Goku is powerfull as hell but still, changing reality for the win. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    After much consideration (and reading) I've decided in all due (none) seriousness that Genn Greymane would win.

Seriously now, I'm pretty sure Goku would win with his god-like power and strength. Unless Vegeta decides to do something stupid then Gurren Lagann would win. *nods*
    -Insert flashy and awesome Photoshop signature of my WoW character here-

10+ Year Old Account
    Vegeta is not a factor here

...........That is all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I vote TTGL due to the nature of its power. By harnessing spiral power it basically is able to power up to overcome any obstacle. Like the Hulk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder who I'm going to vote for.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love me some Goku, but this goes straight Gurren Lagann. No contest. It's hard to compete with a robot-construct-thingie whose reactor, as I recall, pumps out juice on par with a universe being born; or so the engineer said. Not to mentioned it's bloody enormous and can materialize weapons at will. Man I need to watch that ending now. Again.

In before Larcarus

Edit: Kamina is arguably the best my favorite character in either series that isn't Yoko.
    Last edited by RaoBurning; 2012-10-05 at 01:28 AM.
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I made this debate for 1 reason

ss4 goku actually meets his match against Gurren Lagann and would actually be an amazing battle

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    ...........That is all.
    Huh, I didn't know the movie had boobs. I'd have watched it sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I made this debate for 1 reason

ss4 goku actually meets his match against Gurren Lagann and would actually be an amazing battle
    I don't think there would be a whole lot of competition here. Like I said, I love the little carrot, but this is Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann we're talking about. It eats galaxies to fuel it's drill. That's how I interpret that scene, at least. Even if I'm wrong on that mark, TTGL is still stupidly huge and powerful.

Now, TTGL and the Lord of Nightmares...that could be worth watching.
    Last edited by RaoBurning; 2012-10-05 at 01:39 AM.
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

10+ Year Old Account
    whos lord of nightmares

Really Genn lol?

Okay, I'm gonna keep this brief for why Goku wins. First off, characters in the Buu saga were strong enough to shatter dimensions, and in the case of Super Buu, destroy the cosmos. By the start of GT, Goku was more than 400 times more powerful than he was in Z. That's before even more difficult battles, (which produce power increases via Zenkais) and SS4 is another power increase, though we don't know precisely how much stronger that made Goku.

Even an ant like Broly was able to destroy a quarter of the universe, and he was a bitch compared to just Buu saga SS3 Goku. If Goku went all out at the start of GT as a Super Saiyan 3, he would be at least a multi-universe buster. End of GT? Forget about it. Power like that is essentially unquantifiable to the point that it's easier to label it as omnipotence.

Sorry if I don't take these threads as seriously as I used to. I've been posting on comic vine a lot lately, so this is like the 50th DBZ battle thread I've seen this week.

And at the end of the series, Goku appears to transcend normal existence after the absorption of 6 of the 7 Dragon Balls.

10+ Year Old Account
    what do you mean really?

Its obvious that this would be a stronger battle

Dont forget Gurren Lagann before becoming its strongest form *he even lifts* tanked a blast that was stronger than the big bang

Goku is def on that level as well

I picked this pair for a reason.... IT IS THE PERFECT BATTLE

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    what do you mean really?

Its obvious that this would be a stronger battle

Dont forget Gurren Lagann before becoming its strongest form *he even lifts* tanked a blast that was stronger than the big bang

Goku is def on that level as well

I picked this pair for a reason.... IT IS THE PERFECT BATTLE
    By "really", I mean there's a conspiracy against me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    By "really", I mean there's a conspiracy against me!

WHERE! *goes super worgen level 4*

i WILL DESTROY THEM!