Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Kinda not anything I suggested.

    Well, sometimes the bugs can be seriously hindering. Such as when my sister and I had our characters locked out for 2 days about week after the game launched.

    Or just recently the mini-map and world map on my account going blank... which was going 2 days of no functional map or teleportation for any of my characters. I posted about it in the One Thread.

    Or when one of the other moderators was locked out of his account. Asked for support's help. Got the run around and finally fixed it himself. Somehow.

    Or being unable to even zone into my personal story for like... 2 or 3 weeks? I can't recall but the PS broke at various levels for me such that I was already level 80 for some time before I could even zone into a much lower level story step. No longer give a damn about PS.

    Oh here's a good one, the bug that prevents members of the guild from zoning into the same dungeon together. Such that we have only been able to do like 4 dungeons complete. Better yet, the bug that randomly ejects a member from dungeon party and resets the whole dungeon.

    Or the time I could not represent the guild I made for like a week. That was pretty okay.

    Or my hubby's inability to teleport without getting stuck under the world.

    Or the numerous zones some players can not 100% due to broken hearts or SPCs.

    Tons of bugs. Many are still unresolved for me despite sending in like a dozen or so tickets per day. Timberline Falls and Fields of Ruin, I'm looking in your general direction.
    and you seriously believe they are ignoring them on purpose or could it be there are other things that take precedent...? no work is being done on those...they just sit there fumbling with their thumbs........
    Last edited by jtgizmo; 2012-10-05 at 02:34 PM.
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

    Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexies View Post
    While I am amused that your so worked up about this I am not dismissing anything nor do I feel a need to refute what is YOUR OPINION. The facts are there are some systems in this game that work in ways YOU do not like. Thats fine no one said you had to like them. However you then go on trying to make it into some conspiracy / dev's lying to us issue which I find ridiculous. You can either like certain parts of the game or not but that doesnt mean just because something doesn't work the way YOU believe it should the company is lying to cover up something.
    I'm not worked up, I'm just explaining. Whether I like something or not is irrelevant, which is most likely your reason for building this particular straw man. The question is whether it's good design. There are right and wrong answers to that, and I understand quite well why you refuse to accept this.

    Jon Peters made essentially three claims in the post I linked, all of which are false (and any half-decent game designer would've known that). He also stopped responding to the thread (and it was closed under the pretense of personal attacks) after plenty of people had demonstrated that he had been talking out of his rear end.

    Which leaves us with two feasible conclusions: either AN has mostly bad game designers who don't know what they're talking about; or they have an ulterior motive (e.g. pride) that they try to mask by knowingly stating factually false reasons for why they won't change certain things.

  3. #43
    Legendary! draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    6,200
    Quote Originally Posted by jtgizmo View Post
    and you seriously believe they are ignoring them on purpose or could it be there are other things that take precedent...? no work is being done on those...they just sit there fumbling with their thumbs........
    Maybe not on purpose maybe just not being fixed fast enough for a AAA mmo I dunno, when people aim for a 100% achievement and cant get it because something is bugged for a month its clearly not in line with the whole post that started this thread about good live team work.

    And yes John Peters is talking rubbish in that thread, sheer rubbish its quite funny to see the gw2 forum pointing it out to him too.
    This doesn’t mean that we’re walking away from our fans who only play on PlayStation or on PC. We have Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris coming to those platforms this December, and Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition is available on PS4.
    More corporate lies and bullshit PR in the gaming industry.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Maybe not on purpose maybe just not being fixed fast enough for a AAA mmo I dunno, when people aim for a 100% achievement and cant get it because something is bugged for a month its clearly not in line with the whole post that started this thread about good live team work.

    And yes John Peters is talking rubbish in that thread, sheer rubbish its quite funny to see the gw2 forum pointing it out to him too.

    maybe.. maybe not... i'd like to believe they are putting in as many hours as possible trying to fix things. People often forget that there are different teams working on different things, so when they see something is being done about something else they think that somewhere else something is being slacked off... but is it really...use your mature brain
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

    Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

  5. #45
    Legendary! draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    6,200
    Quote Originally Posted by jtgizmo View Post
    maybe.. maybe not... i'd like to believe they are putting in as many hours as possible trying to fix things. People often forget that there are different teams working on different things, so when they see something is being done about something else they think that somewhere else something is being slacked off... but is it really...use your mature brain
    I cant I dont have one.
    This doesn’t mean that we’re walking away from our fans who only play on PlayStation or on PC. We have Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris coming to those platforms this December, and Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition is available on PS4.
    More corporate lies and bullshit PR in the gaming industry.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by jtgizmo View Post
    and you seriously believe they are ignoring them on purpose or could it be there are other things that take precedent...? no work is being done on those...they just sit there fumbling with their thumbs........
    I have never suggested Anet are "doing nothing" or that the game is a "fail" as you put it. Merely pointed out a number of issues as I experienced currently.

    Most of these issues will likely be fixed in time. Though I don't really see why I would give Arena.net a high five & ignore a buggy product. I certainly would not pass out the high fives for any other MMO as buggy as this one in my play experience.

    If a dev put out a buggy product, they've put out a buggy product. There is no wrong or slander in pointing these issues out.

    A number of bugs can range from minor annoyance to inability to play the game. Like literally locked out for at least 3 separate people I know. In reply to the person I quoted he said "don't worry about the bugs too much". Paraphrasing.

    Well, if any given player can not actually play or parts of the content are inaccessible due to current bugs than I would say it is fair to worry about the bugs indeed.

    I don't give out many high fives.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-10-05 at 07:28 PM.

  7. #47
    Certainly sounds good. They have big shoes to fill regarding more content than any other MMO, AC used to have monthly updates.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion

  8. #48
    Pit Lord Ravenblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Germany - Thuringia
    Posts
    2,404
    I can honestly understand the frustration about the FOV and camera issues and I have yet to encounter a game where developers would actually not fall into the same rhetorical patterns over FOV issues. GW2 and their developers are really not an isolated case here so I don't believe they are lying per so or determined to ruin the game, they just genuinely see it the way they stated because otherwise it would require a lot of work to do. Well, it may not be work they are trying to dodge indefinitely as it's being too hard more like that priority-wise they may just defer it and meanwhile stand by their views on this. You know as developer it's always easier to state things based on how your software works rather than saying:"brb fixing it" especially if you are busy. Which again would not be an isolated case.

    I really hope though that they are fixing the camera. I have stopped counting where I got stuck in walls because my camera switched behind or how my character magically transferred under water (aka underground) and let my character remain under water until relog. I personally think camera >> FOV for me.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) @ Sylvanas EU (retired)
    GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU - When I'm playing WvW I'm really playing LSD.

    My Deus Ex:HR soundtrack mixes [FLAC version (3.5 GB)]

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    What do you think these live teams are? They are support teams. GG
    Brilliant realisation there Sherlock. Now engage your brain into the next gear and realise that I'm talking about the collective hype machine which consists of such posts, adverts, interviews and massive astroturfing efforts.

    Heck, I used word support for their "live team" in this very thread several times, including the first reply. C'mon, can we have at least enough of an attention span to cover the first reply?

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    Brilliant realisation there Sherlock. Now engage your brain into the next gear and realise that I'm talking about the collective hype machine which consists of such posts, adverts, interviews and massive astroturfing efforts.

    Heck, I used word support for their "live team" in this very thread several times, including the first reply. C'mon, can we have at least enough of an attention span to cover the first reply?
    you mean the collective hype machine that rarely puts up posts unless its about something of importance? Yea thats a bad thing. They shouldnt come out every week and give us an update on what they are doing. They should sit quite and fix every problem you have with the game. But that doesnt seem fair does it? Portion of the community that doesnt like certain things voice their opinion and you want the Devs to sit at their desks trying to see if what needs fixing actually needs fixing or weither they should leave certain things as is. And you want them to only do that instead of continue to develope more content for the game to make the game better?

    Right good idea.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    you mean the collective hype machine that rarely puts up posts unless its about something of importance? Yea thats a bad thing. They shouldnt come out every week and give us an update on what they are doing. They should sit quite and fix every problem you have with the game. But that doesnt seem fair does it? Portion of the community that doesnt like certain things voice their opinion and you want the Devs to sit at their desks trying to see if what needs fixing actually needs fixing or weither they should leave certain things as is. And you want them to only do that instead of continue to develope more content for the game to make the game better?

    Right good idea.
    Read and comprehend the post you're quoted. It's quite sad when your awesome tirade relies on something that is rebutted in the very quote you yourself choose to quote.

    Not going to even mention the whole "but they're telling us what they're doing" angle of yours. That is a bold faced lie if I ever saw one. Are you astroturfing?

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    Not going to even mention the whole "but they're telling us what they're doing" angle of yours. That is a bold faced lie if I ever saw one. Are you astroturfing?
    so they are not telling us what they are doing? right... see you in a few months when all this stuff gets rolled out.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    so they are not telling us what they are doing? right... see you in a few months when all this stuff gets rolled out.
    I assume you mean "basic fixes like zhaitan and maybe about 10% of currently broken events will be fixed some time next year"? Awesome. Best support ever.

    Hype train must roll on. Even over the still warm corpses of reality and common sense.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    I assume you mean "basic fixes like zhaitan and maybe about 10% of currently broken events will be fixed some time next year"? Awesome. Best support ever.

    Hype train must roll on. Even over the still warm corpses of reality and common sense.
    I assume you know all about how GW2 is programmed and how easy it is to fix w.e is wrong with zhaitan. Im sure its so simple that they just decided hey we can do this later, lets do other stuff. Or maybe when ever they try to fix it somthing else breaks. Basic.. yea right.

    Same thing that goes for other events. Some things you try break others, you have no idea what goes into those events. These things arnt simple.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    I assume you know all about how GW2 is programmed and how easy it is to fix w.e is wrong with zhaitan. Im sure its so simple that they just decided hey we can do this later, lets do other stuff. Or maybe when ever they try to fix it somthing else breaks. Basic.. yea right.

    Same thing that goes for other events. Some things you try break others, you have no idea what goes into those events. These things arnt simple.
    What is the relevance of any of these things to topic at hand? If they chose shitty coding/design methods that aren't reasonably fixable in an MMO, it's a support failure. If they did proper coding and design but failed to fix anyway, it's a support failure.

    Either way, it's a support failure. Why does it matter in what way it is a support failure?

  16. #56
    The Lightbringer Karizee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Eternal Alchemy
    Posts
    3,896
    Colin Johanson
    "There is more than just Halloween coming in October…What those things are? You’ll just have to wait and see, keep an eye on our website and blog for more information in the coming weeks."

    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...lloween-Update
    Who knows more of gods than I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air... I know them all.
    ~Euron "Crow's Eye" Greyjoy

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Colin Johanson
    "There is more than just Halloween coming in October…What those things are? You’ll just have to wait and see, keep an eye on our website and blog for more information in the coming weeks."

    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...lloween-Update
    And instead of proper support, we get an event bone. Good doggy karizee!


    Be respectful & stop behaving like a jerk. Infracted.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-10-06 at 02:37 PM.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    Good doggy karizee!
    No need for being a dick.

  19. #59
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    416
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    Considering the sheer amount of stuff we've been promised and what was actually delivered and how in the game, I'm expecting absolutely nothing. If they have game designers available, they should have been fixing the events and zhaitan. If they have programmers, they should have been working out the massive amount of programming-related bugs and optimizing things. If they have people working on sPvP, where are the ladders and functional tournaments?

    If you look at their list of "live teams", and you actually play GW2, you should be pissed off as a customer. Because if any of them were doing their jobs as actively and as well as mr. Johanson implies, we wouldn't be sitting more then a month into the game with no functional competitive sPvP, last boss still bugged alongside pretty much half of orr at any given time, people getting their accounts hacked left and right, ban waves from people who dare to use game mechanics that arenanet designers fail to design properly and other pearls of "greatness" of simply not delivering.

    That said, they do have one team that delivered something they promised. A mac port. Nevermind it's bogged down by performance issues as it's essentially a wintel executable in a VM wrapper, it's still an actually working one. Something you can't say for other things they're supposedly still "working on". But out of eight teams stated in the blog post, one has actually delivered something.


    My take on it is personified by the old saying: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Expecting anything more then nothing is foolish at this point.

    If your seeing bugs, try re-installing. I'm going to assume your on the patched Beta client - as i was. I re-downloaded and installed after launch and most of the bugs are gone for me. Although they say you "can" it is a hell of alot buggier, using the beta client. Same with SWTOR. simply redownloading fixed most things.

    Ive not seen a single bug / broke event yet, im level 80 and ive not had one problem, so there must be something wrong on your end.

  20. #60
    End boss was crap. I loved the leveling, but from the 4 or 5 years I spent on Guild Wars1 compared to the 2 or 3 weeks on Guild Wars 2, I was a bit disappointed for an almost 4/5 year wait

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •