Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    god just bring the Woltk pvp model, nothign wrong with that it was bursty? yes but look at this? actually ppl die in woltk but now if you aint a warrior/bm hunter fire mage landing a kill is takes TONS of cordination time and some lucky crits what the hell

Quote Originally Posted by gez View Post
    god just bring the Woltk pvp model, nothign wrong with that it was bursty? yes but look at this? actually ppl die in woltk but now if you aint a warrior/bm hunter fire mage landing a kill is takes TONS of cordination time and some lucky crits what the hell
    Yeah I'd rather have WotLK PvP model rather than what we have right now. PvP's current incarnation seems to mix mindless CD mashing, with mindless burst and mindless health bouncing. Every class has everything (except warlocks, what a coincidence), therefore no real skill is required to perform properly. It's just a series of cast sequences that reply to each other. You don't have to think outside of the box to attempt to perform what your class can't efficiently do, because you already have all the tools at your disposal.

Looking at the big pvp picture, yeah, it's fucked. Bliz is at least semi conscious about it by trying out some blanket healing nerfs, but there are much more complicated issues. No idea how they are going to fix the freight train of out of control instant/CD type abilities out there without tacking on "Not usable in arenas!" onto a ton of spells and/or flat out redesigning them. Maybe bliz will just end up changing their pvp mantra to - "PvP isn't balanced around arenas!".

Meta game aside, the warlock issues are glaring and not nearly as complicated to fix. The CC/Defensive issues are really not that hard. As for our ability to kill anything, unfortunately, they would need to adjust pve to fix it (Destro burst only working once every 2-3 minutes, Aff dmg being terribad w/o full MG uptime, etc.). I'm just guessing that we're gonna be stuck in a semi-meaningless niche as a low-cc/good-survivability/poor-burst caster. We're being designed to a BC style SL/SL mindset in a 100-0 and 0-100 world.

Well, I guess we're stuck like this for the whole expansion, because it's the whole new talent system that's causing problems.

Actually, we're seeing a very reasonable spread of players of all classes at the high end in PvP.

most problems atm is so fucking many people don't have gear
    and thats sooo fucking easy to kill them

and against people with gear .. gimme the weppon for gods sake i need the 7.5% + dmg :<

edit: you guys actualy have the portal on a actionbar somewhere? first time i used it was on stoneguards hc (last time i used it in a 5man tank started calling me bad things after he lost aggro after charching tough it) and well i used it in the whole fight maybe 1 time ..

demo is ok <3 it, still got a lot downsides (most of them since i can't use my only real deff cooldown UR while stunned,iceblockstun,silence or the mofo petarmystunnuke of a retarded hunter)
    affli feels bad .. so bad that a warrior with 2nd wind and full dots doesn't drop .. srsly? 3 dots and 35% constant ..
    destru felt like .. pominstantpyrololz3min mage .. you hit like a truck and you die like a stuffed animal

only real issues with pvp is
    warrior - 2nd wind
    hunter - pet army (srsly .. 250k hits from a glowing pet ..)
    mage - when does that ice shield of the fire mage brake again? ah right never

and warlock itself
    pets - is there resilence on them? somewhere? ..
    imps .. can't you make it a instant cast with 5sec cooldown? same dps but less ruinning around pillars beeing unable to do shit?

against the rest it's mostly if they suck easy mode, if they are good 50/50 and if they are god itself 20/80 so all in all fair
    Last edited by darkminaz; 2012-10-12 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pokeadott View Post
    Looking at the big pvp picture, yeah, it's fucked. Bliz is at least semi conscious about it by trying out some blanket healing nerfs, but there are much more complicated issues. No idea how they are going to fix the freight train of out of control instant/CD type abilities out there without tacking on "Not usable in arenas!" onto a ton of spells and/or flat out redesigning them. Maybe bliz will just end up changing their pvp mantra to - "PvP isn't balanced around arenas!".

Meta game aside, the warlock issues are glaring and not nearly as complicated to fix. The CC/Defensive issues are really not that hard. As for our ability to kill anything, unfortunately, they would need to adjust pve to fix it (Destro burst only working once every 2-3 minutes, Aff dmg being terribad w/o full MG uptime, etc.). I'm just guessing that we're gonna be stuck in a semi-meaningless niche as a low-cc/good-survivability/poor-burst caster. We're being designed to a BC style SL/SL mindset in a 100-0 and 0-100 world.

if thay dare to said that, i hope their rdy to lose a bunch of player base

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 08:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
    Actually, we're seeing a very reasonable spread of players of all classes at the high end in PvP.
    by that do you mean warriors bm hunters and mages? also druid

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucidious View Post
    Ok guys now that we are 90 and have had time to grind out a full set of gear and start arena's how does the specs feel to you guys? I tried out a few things and have to say that the class as a whole feels GREAT!!! Affliction spread damage still feels pretty good but not having the self heals feels a bit awkward but it feels nice to actually "help" with getting the kills for once"haunt/mg ftw". Overall I think the spec is gonna be top notch again"especially when paired with a resto druid" and still has what it takes to compete at a high level. I haven't tried out demo yet but destro also feels pretty solid for burst comps "played 2's with a frost mage and added a boomkin for 3's" but not really "pressure" comps with a healer. Overall im very pleased with the MOP model, but that being said I wrote down a short list of qol issues. Feel free to agree/disagree/comment below.

1-Pets are dying WAY to fast!!! Even with instant summons on a 1 min cd the speed in which another player can destroy my pet is unreal. And thats at the first tier level of gear. I'd hate to see how this issue becomes after another tier or so "I dread actually "

2-Unending resolve is a great spell but most locks are using it for the aura mastery effect and not the defense so it really should have the DR be reduced to 20 or 30% but have the cd lowered to 2 min for a tradeoff. DB is another talent with that same long cd problem but since we have the option of taking SP on a 1 min cd i'm gonna leave that one alone even though it should be at 2 min as well "Standard time even on pvp trinkets and such".

3-Siphon life glyph is just WAY undertuned to the health and damage pools. This glyph needs a buff BIGTIME!!!

4-Twilight ward has a very small absorb compared to other classes absorb shields and it should also absorb ALL damage instead of magic only. I'm finding I can tank other casters "even mages...for the most part " just fine but the minute a physical damage class gets on me I have to pop cd's or die and it should be more even defensively across the board like mages and spriests are "the other clothie casters with way better damage absorb shields on top of thier oh shit buttons lol "

5-Destro specific issues-Conflag should help with ember regeneration like all the other abilities. And destro's Rain of fire stun "even with mannoroth's fury" just does not work as an effective form of cc to be able to get of chaos bolts with "which destro is struggling with currently in arena's" and actually causes DR with other abilities which actually hurts some of the class options to team up with. Hopefully Xelnath comes through next patch with resolving this problem and trading that "frequent and weak" stun for an active one which would be a HUGE fix to the spec.

The only other "issues" really to touch on would be the level 90 talents. There is another thread discussing these so I won't go into to much detail but I can tell the lock community is upset over them. I posted before a simple idea to help try and fix them.

AV-Remove the active and buff the passive to 10 or 15%

KJC- Just remove the passives and keep the active.

MF- Just fine mostly, pvp abilities like shadowfury and whiplash could be added though and it wouldn't hurt anything.

These are just my personal observation's but I welcome a constructive conversation on whether these"or other" things are currently affecting our S12 gameplay. So anyone else out there currently doing arena's feel free to give your thoughts.
    Idk about you, but anyone who uses Unending resolve for the Aura Mastery is a baddie.

Siphon Life should be 50%.

Twilight Ward is fine, for me at least. I just wish it was on a 20 sec CD.

Overall i like where pvp is atm. I'm not having much trouble in arena, i come across a difficult comp, like a hunter/war/resto druid once in a bit, but other than that my Double Lock/Warrior 3s is doing very well.

Demo Lock/Destro Warlock/Warrior

oh yea right let not secure my CB kill window with UR, becuse i end up being a baddie so let them interrupt it as hell so i eat my DS and my embers, also lets not use UR to eat their interrupts no way thats being bad, let save UR when im struck in a bad situation just for the 40% dmgs reduction thats being pro.

lets say if you land a CB with darksoul w/o using UR, and then pop UR to make the second unstoppable and land a kill im playing it wrong i must wait till i get trained to pop UR

fair logic, im assume you are not very good at creating kill windows

Quote Originally Posted by paulywally View Post
    Idk about you, but anyone who uses Unending resolve for the Aura Mastery is a baddie.

Siphon Life should be 50%.

Twilight Ward is fine, for me at least. I just wish it was on a 20 sec CD.

Overall i like where pvp is atm. I'm not having much trouble in arena, i come across a difficult comp, like a hunter/war/resto druid once in a bit, but other than that my Double Lock/Warrior 3s is doing very well.

Demo Lock/Destro Warlock/Warrior
    please refrain from posting things like "you're doing very well in arena" when you have a win loss ratio of 7-8 at 600 rating ( 47% win ratio) while playing such an absurd combo.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/arena/da...tal%20Garbage/

also your team name is fitting for such a random comp, no offense, the combo is total garbage :P

edit: but you get +1 for that transmorg btw !
    Last edited by wholol; 2012-10-12 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    please refrain from posting things like "you're doing very well in arena" when you have a win loss ratio of 7-8 at 600 rating ( 47% win ratio) while playing such an absurd combo.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/arena/da...tal%20Garbage/

also your team name is fitting for such a random comp, no offense, the combo is total garbage :P

edit: but you get +1 for that transmorg btw !
    Lol bad trolls are bad lol. Coming onto a thread that big papa Luci started only to bad mouth him lol. Bad form sir!!! Constructive posts only please