Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I like MoP alot. So far at level 88 it has exceeded my initial thoughts on it. I also think that it looks very promising and will get even better!
    "Three Apples changed the World, 1st one seduced Eve, 2nd fell on Newton, and the 3rd was offered to the World half bitten by Steve Jobs."

Honestly? Better then Wrath and Burning Crusade. All the expansions added something important to the game, even Cata.

Cataclysm only had two major failings - spread out zones and Dragon Soul not being long or hard enough. Gear inflation was also a bit extreme, but that's what Wrath caused.

Burning Crusade had a lot of failings too. Questing was grindy and dull, the zones were far too drastically different from their neighbours (going from swamp to mountains to floating mana-islands without any transition at all), attunements were annoying and entry level end-game was too hard (and a lot late end-game was too easy - only Sunwell had every boss being a ballbreaker of an encounter).

MoP's only failing so far? Not a huge selection of dungeons, especially while leveling. Only four, infact, until you hit level 90. Kind of wish there was more. And it would have been nice having lower level Scenerios as well, integrated with the quests to give their story some more context. Otherwise, its steller all around.

Deleted
    What I find funny is the majority of tards in this thread being unable to read your post and post the ratings you requested. Here are mine:

PVP Balance 3
    PVE Balance 3
    PVE Difficulty compared to WOTLK Difficulty 4
    Story Depth 2

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread got more popular than I thought. I like reading everybody's opinions about the expansion, and now I'm looking forward to playing it more than ever, as soon as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    This thread got more popular than I thought. I like reading everybody's opinions about the expansion, and now I'm looking forward to playing it more than ever, as soon as I can.
    Spoke to a friend on vent yesterday about it, he said its the best expansion so far since burning crusade , obv not as good as BC in his opinion but a lot better then cata he said.

10+ Year Old Account
    9.5/10 (4 Months in Beta, Currently Raiding and leveling other 85's, as well as doing BG's)
    WoW : Burning Blade (H)
    90 Warlock, 90 Shaman, 96+ Mage, 90 Death Knight, 86 Warrior, 90 Hunter, 85 Rogue, 80 Paladin, 76 Priest, 70 Druid, 26 Monk

From what I have played. I enjoyed it, it's to an extent more of the same, but the story is interesting, the design is pretty fun, and I am enjoying some of the mechanical stuff.

7/10 for the most part so far, not great, but by no means terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    ... Gear inflation was also a bit extreme, but that's what Wrath caused.
    I'm gonna be nitpicky cuz I'm bored. Wrath didn't cause gear inflation nor did Cataclysm. It is the fundamental game design. If you look at average health increases and DPS increases tier by tier, the rate of increase is mostly the same % from tier to tier. But actually from wrath they changed, they actualy decreased those percentages a bit, but after the change you can see the scaling pretty much stats the same tier to tier. The reason it exists is because as your numbers get larger, you need a larger increase(the number is larger the percentage is the same) to feel the increase, to sense the progression. If you got a flat additional 1 health every level, going from level 1 to 2 is exciting because your health just doubled. Going from level to 100 to 101 is not because 1 health is only a 1% increase and doesn't mean squat. Apparently they have worked out what they feel is an ideal percentage amount to scale with so that players feel the increase when moving from one to tier of gear to another. Also note this is why the gear squish is going to suck for player who level, because all of a sudden there is going to be little to no noticeable increase/progression while leveling.(and the removal of talents just make it that much worse)

10+ Year Old Account
    So far I'm loving it. Mogu Shan Vaults is awesome, and surprisingly difficult. Elegon is one of the best encounters yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I give it an 8 or 9. I initially didn't like so much stuff being locked behind reputations but I've been having so much fun questing, loving the new dungeons and leveling professions was so easy that III haven't enjoyed WoW this much in a couple of years.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't break it down on your scale yet, but I have to openly say that MoP is the best expansion this game has seen. Until now I have been of the "BC is the best exp" crowd, but this expansion blew all of my expectations out of the water and gave me more. I hate questing. . .well, maybe not hate, but once I reach max level I tended to avoid it in past expansions except for dailies. I fully intend to finish every single quest this exp has to offer even though I am already gearing for raiding. The story is above and beyond what I expect from an MMO and can even rival some of my favorite single player RPGs of days past. The dungeons are all fun and each boss has interesting mechanics. The dungeon environments feel varied and each one has a unique feel to it (though I guess that can be said about all of the expansions, heh). The grind I missed so much is back. Yes, I like grinding for things (that's what she said?).

I seriously have nothing bad to say about MoP. It beats the hell outta BC and Wrath. . .Cata really was not good for end game content past T11. The only good thing from cata was some of the story and the redone vanilla zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    How can you say that when heroics aren't even out yet?
    how can you only think heroic raids is pve.

like like saying pvp is only 3v3. there more things then heroic raids.

and i really liked the lvling part on my warrior. pull to much and i died. and i loved the quest/strong mobs. that do stuff you need to avoid. otherwise you won't kill them solo.

More of the same. Anyone who thinks different is just deluded.

The game will be bleeding subs like crazy in a month or so, when everyone is bored to tears again.

MoP is WoW, if you did not like WoW before, you wont like it now.

Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    What I find funny is the majority of tards in this thread being unable to read your post and post the ratings you requested. Here are mine:

PVP Balance 3
    PVE Balance 3
    PVE Difficulty compared to WOTLK Difficulty 4
    Story Depth 2
    what i find funny is that your a tard just bashing it. with out even telling why you give the numbers.

so next time tell us atleast why you give the low numbers.

---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 05:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post

The game will be bleeding subs like crazy in a month or so, when everyone is bored to tears again.
    wow generalising much. watch out man. i heard it give you grey hair......

I give it at least 3 months. That is how long it took for Cat to start bleeding subs. If Blizzard doesn't come out with a real content update in 3 months, and they can't keep making frequent content updates, yeah I think people are going to start to bail. Only time will tell though if Blizzard can actually follow through.

10+ Year Old Account

Just looked at your forum posts. They're all just you talking shit about WoW. It seems like you hope that the more you talk trash about it, the faster the game will "die". If you hate the game so much, you'd think you'd be spending your time on something more productive, instead of sitting around talking about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm having fun. Heroics aren't a nightmare to dread LFD, raids are pretty challenging at the start to the average guild, and pet battles are freaking fun as all hell. Heck, I'm even enjoying the farm! I didn't even think I'd be using it.

If reps weren't so locked down and if I could turn in my Lesser Charms more than once a week (I'm already nearly up to two stacks AFTER I did my turn-in on Tuesday), I'd give it a perfect 10. Right now, I'm giving it an easy 8.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    best expansion so far imo.

there's just soo much to do atm. hope they can somehow keep it like this

---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 05:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    I give it at least 3 months. That is how long it took for Cat to start bleeding subs. If Blizzard doesn't come out with a real content update in 3 months, and they can't keep making frequent content updates, yeah I think people are going to start to bail. Only time will tell though if Blizzard can actually follow through.
    Who are you to decide who will leave the game or not? Keep your mouth shut about it. You have your right to talk about your own opinion. Don't talk about subs bleeding etc.

Its amazingly fantastic. Im getting so sick and tired of all the "Why Pandas?" "This game is now to cartoony.." "I hate it because it isnt full of death and darkness and evil like LK and Cata" -- I havent found anything i dont like other than how annoying it is to get Rep now. Pandas are GREAT.