Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sanaubia View Post
    PvE = blizzard said challenge modes will be the hardest content in game and looking at guys who stream those like sco they look pretty easy... norlams and heroics are just joke
    Sorry, I got to nip this just here before this becomes a normal stupid thing for people to say.

There is a major difference between watching a stream from some of the best players in the world, and actually doing something. Rather then watching them, go do them. They're NOT easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best expansion starter so far in my opinion. have to see what the next few content patches bring to the table, but as far as first patches of expansions go, this one is definitely the best.
    - Questing is better than any expansion, great flow and great storytelling, fun mechanics and variation added.
    - More stuff than ever to do at max level. Dailies, scenarios, Tillers etc, instances in normal/heroic/challenge. Hard to choose what to do....
    - Nice instances length variation, some short some a bit longer but never very long. Plus they are looking very good.
    - More choices than previously to gear up
    Could go on, but these are the main reason why I like this expansion the best of all so far.

Only downside for me is that they haven't added a tome for flying for alts, so I have to wait a few months before I start on alts...

Deleted
    MoP is alright, its better than wotlk and cata but worse than tbc. the only real thing that truly annoys me about MoP is that spirit of harmony is bop and not account bound, since some profs virtually have no use for them at this point.

Overall, about an 8. Not AS amazing as I had hoped, but still pretty darn good. Enjoyed the levelling storylines through the various zones, enjoyed levelling a monk from 1-90 in a week, and now I'm enjoying grinding out some rep just like the good ol' days. So overall, much better than Cata was so far, in all aspects.

Have never been so addicted to wow like right now...I think... Maybe because I hadn't played for a year or so, but anyways... If only I was in more populated server

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    MoP is alright, its better than wotlk and cata but worse than tbc. the only real thing that truly annoys me about MoP is that spirit of harmony is bop and not account bound, since some profs virtually have no use for them at this point.
    Yes I find that annoying too, but it's eventually gonna change with time.
    Remember that there's a Mote of Harmony NPC that sells stuff. So far I used it to buy golden lotus to craft flasks for raiding.

I like it, but the heroics are meh. I know they went for wrath style, and I loved wrath style hc's that's fine. I just don't enjoy having the first heroics be as faceroll as they are. I would like the first tier to be hard and then slowly become wrath style hc's with nuke everything AOE style later on in the game.

Other than that though, I really like it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    I know a lot of people will overhype a game that they like and that they want to do well. I don't want anybody to lie, I don't want anybody to exaggerate, and I don't want anybody to troll. I just want your 100% honest opinion on how MoP is so far. Please rate the following categories on a scale of 1/10. 1 being worst, and 10 being best.
    PVP Balance
    PVE Balance
    PVE Difficulty compared to WOTLK Difficulty (1 being way easier, 10 being way harder, 5 being about the same)
    Story Depth (With 1 being boring and 10 being interesting, and gripping) (Does the PVE content relate to, and bolster the story line?)
    You can't really rate any of those yet:

PVP Balance can be really rated once everyone gets their gear.
    PVE Balance see above.
    PVE Difficulty is what I expected. Easyish heroics, very challenging challenge modes, and normal raids are challenging enough too as far as I've seen. I don't want to wipe weeks for every single normal mode boss. I'd say 9.
    Story depth: 9

Overall score for MoP? Actually I'd go for 9/10. It's the best expansion so far. So much things to do. Even beats vanilla. There, I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    i give it a 7. Better than i expected to be honest. But i guess like everybody else that plays wow i dont expect a second coming of TBC.
    If you're giving the expac a 7 simply because you're comparing it to TBC, and you truly don't feel like anything so far has compared to TBC, then why do you still play? It's been over 6 years since TBC, dude. Give up the ghost already.

I stopped playing WoW back in December (played since vanilla) last year but bit the bullet and purchased MoP. I leveled to 86 and a half and really cannot find the motivation to log back in. I would not say its a bad game and it seems like an improvement over Cata but it still lacks that spark that got me playing WoW to begin with and kept me playing through BC and WotLK. All in all I just do not think its worth the £8.99 a month, if it was F2P then I'd probably stick with it.

Deleted
    99% honesty, I really like this expansion. I give it 8/10, 2 points reserved since Im only 88, and I haven't seen all the new zones and dungeons yet, but if it keeps being so great, it will hit a clear 10 for me.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So far:

Level up:
    Simply good. It's fast enough and you get to enjoy a new questing style which actually fits, with many cinematic like in WotLK, you can always skip them if you don't like them.

Dungeons:
    Now we have HC and challenge modes. HC is the normal mode, way to easy and drops blues, which is good. Challenge modes are the new HC thingie, and it actually is hard

PvP:
    Too early really.

PvE raids:
    I personally haven't tryed it out, waiting for some guildies as we are not hard core anymore

Art:
    a) Music: Amazing, with many BC based parts, or the other way around... ^^
    b)Design: Probably the best to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukazor View Post
    I stopped playing WoW back in December (played since vanilla) last year but bit the bullet and purchased MoP. I leveled to 86 and a half and really cannot find the motivation to log back in. I would not say its a bad game and it seems like an improvement over Cata but it still lacks that spark that got me playing WoW to begin with and kept me playing through BC and WotLK. All in all I just do not think its worth the £8.99 a month, if it was F2P then I'd probably stick with it.
    Perhaps you lack the spark. I find the expansion to be quite refreshing and exciting and I think they really created a product of love here. The lore, the artwork, the races...it's all so detailed and a much needed fork in the road from "kill the dragons and demons and nothing else."

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    the second coming of BC wouldn't sell. if you think i'm wrong, find you a bc server and go play it and realize how crude it feels compared to today, how much easier it is now that even bads are more experienced with the genre and how boss mechanics aren't new and exciting.

vanilla and bc were hard mostly because everyone was fucking awful
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks this. That combined with the artificial speed bumps of rep grinds and attunements. Being forced to spend longer on simpler content does not interest me. Its bad enough with the rep grind forcing and stupid buff foos iron paw requirements in MoP.

I would rate it 6/10.

Music is 10/10.
    World design and beauty is 10/10.
    Questing - first 4 zones are great, last two are boring as hell. So I give it 6/10.
    Dailies are 2/10, only farming dailies are good, rest are boring sh*t.
    Dungeons are 6/10.
    Raids don't know yet.

Overall I give 6/10. For me cata was 7/10.

Deleted
    9/10.

Too much fun/good stuff to do.

Its so good....I'm having a hard time deciding what to do with all the content....dailies/hc's, leveling proffesions, pet battles, scenarios, or level another toon to 90.... the quests are great too, The Jade Forest and Kun-Lai Summit have taken a spot on my "Favourite Zone's list", even though Dread Wastes is a bit...meh. The Cloud Serpents....probably the coolest mounts since Netherdrakes-

Haven't really done much end-game content yet, since I have leveled my DK and also monk from scratch, but i tried some heroics yesterday, and they were good. Not particularly hard, but fun to do. Some of the scenarios (Arena) are fun and the dailies too tbh.... haven't tried PvP yet, since im not very into PvP.

The monk class is also way better than i expected, its just fun in all specs. And dont forget some of the new soundtracks added in the expansion...my god they are mindblowing.

All together I will give this expansion 9/10 so far....I haven't had a single boring moment yet, and I feel I have soooo much more to do!
    Last edited by Glorfindel180; 2012-10-05 at 10:36 AM.

MUCH better than Cataclysm, but not as good as TBC and WotLK. So far I'll give it a 8/10

Vanilla: 8/10
    TBC: 8.5/10
    WotLK: 9/10
    Cata: 6/10
    MoP: 8/10

Would have given it about a 6 last week. Felt like World of Dailies. After doing Vaults though I'd give it a 9. If the standard set there is uphelp it'll be a great expac

I'm enjoying it so far, but at the same time, part of me finds it a bit difficult to get involved. but that is probably due to my dislike for endless questing

I found the levelling to be much more linear this expansion compared to previous ones.
    I felt like this because previously i would quest do about an hours worth of quests then do a dungeon. but with only 4 available (2 at 85, 2 at 88) they got very tiresome very quickly. so teh questing slogs felt much longer than it had done before, and while i wouldnt go as far as to say i got burnt out, i certianly wanted a break from questing once i hit cap before i begun the daily quest grind (which a week later im regretting because the rest of my guild is decked out in crafted epics an im in dungeon blues )

I'm not saying this is a bad thing about the expansion, the story that the quests and even some of the dailies tell is fantastic, and so far one of my more favourable levelling experiences. Just for my playstyle i think there is too much emphasis on quest grinding and not enough alternative routes, especially if you want to get into raiding quickly (unless your wealthy and can buy gear from AH)

As for the difficulty, id say the [heroic] dungeons are the easiest dungeons ive ever ran.
    we cheesed the lfg system using bag gear to raise our ilevel at 90 and didnt struggle at all, working out on the fly what was going on and how to cope with it. I might even go as far as to say the nerfed cata heroics were harder... but then ive not tried the challenge modes yet, and from what i hear, they live up to their name, so im looking forward to many failed attempts on those (as failure only makes success all the more exciting)

I can't really comment too much about the raiding side yet as my guild has only attempted the first boss, but from looking at him compared to other first tier bosses, he seems easy enough to kill relatively quickly, but not so easy that its boring. or from the other point of view, hard enough to be a challenge, but not so hard you get bored...

i havnt touched on PVP yet, so wont bother commenting

Overall I'd definately give mists of Pandaland a 7.
    If you enjoy questing, you'll be over the moon. if you dont, there are still lots of other things to keep you occupied.

if you want things handed to you on a plate, then this is not the game for you
    Last edited by Agzarah; 2012-10-05 at 10:42 AM.