Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Can't comment on the PvP as I haven't done any.

I have Pandaren Loremaster and until Dread Wastes I found the story and lore very good and engaging. Dread Wastes is the one sour spot for me because by about half way through you are thinking " for the love of god, please don't give me quests to feed this damn bug".

The required Rep grind ( and yes it pretty much is required if you plan on getting anything really) is probably the only thing ticking me off about the entire expansion so far. Its boring and despite how they tried to sell it, insanely repetitive. I've only been doing them for a few days now, and I feel like all I do is Dailies with a few other bits in between, really annoying.

Instance runs I'm actually enjoying, and although they are really easy, I'm ok with that. I didn't get annoyed by the Wrath ones, although I will admit that even the Wrath ones were harder than this at the start.

Professions would actually be in an awesome place across the board, if it wasn't for Spirit of Harmony. While I am really enjoying playing my Elemental Shaman, the fact she is mining/herbing leaves me feeling hamstrung when it comes to the Spirits. Sure I can convert them into some useful things, but it feels like such a waste.

Right now I would give it a 7/10 with the possibility of it going higher if they do something decent with the daily grind ( hint: this new idea for Rep they have ain't it), make Spirit of Harmony BoA ( I don't really want to see it BoE, I like that its not just another mat, but being soulbound is just too harsh) and then whatever the future may hold. It could honestly turn out to be my favorite expansion of them all, its definitely far exceeded Cata, but definately behind Wrath and TBC.

Playing since start of EU vanilla,

playing semi-hardcore since mid tbc,

bashed pandaland so hard, soo hard... And I still think pandas could have been a little bit more badass,

BUT

Pandaland is almost the best expansion ever... For me Ulduar is the best expansion (trying to be clever here), TBC is second, Pandaland close third, Cata fourth, wotlk is utter garbage so no it's not even fifth.

mists of the panda area

it's a weird feeling to hate the theme of the expansion while loving the mechanics and the things it brought.

OP don't take anyone who gives WOTLK low scores seriously, those are people who don't know what Warcraft should be about. WOTLK was a 11/10 except for the way they dealt with the LK at the end, which was a total downer.

I played the new expansion on a friend's computer, it really has nothing of the Warcraft feel in terms of story. You do a bunch of weird stuff for forgettable characters in a setting that feels completely copy pasted out of Asian culture, and every now and again they give you this totally Warcraft style event or quest that just doesn't fit with the rest of the crap.

PVP is the same. People don't know how to play so you spend your time buying new keyboards and screens after you make one and the other meet every few days. Blizzard still doesn't seem to have the time to make small 2 minute tuturials in-game to teach people how to play, like they did in Global Agenda. I guess it takes "too many ressources" out of their precious cocaine snorting time on their luxury yachts and company trips to Vegas.

The environment is nice but once again there's plenty of re-used models and the few new models are also constantly re-used, as for weapon and armor models there's maybe 1-2 sets per class that has anything to it, you'll soon be transmogrifying everything to your favorite pre-BC tier or whatever.

A forgettable expansion, hopefully we'll get to forget about it soon when they announce something with more common sense at the next Blizzcon.

I saw no future for pandaren in Warcraft lore ever since the Warcraft 3 joke, and I see even less now, if that's possible.

If you like dailies, MoP is the expansion for you.

If you don't, then don't bother.

Id give it an 8. Vaults has been a lot of fun even on normal. Firelands and DS on normal were just kinda boring and something to get through. Vaults has been engaging and my guild has had a great week working through the first 4 and now perfecting our strat for Elegon.

The dailies are a little much and I also don't like that they are required for raiding basically.

My only other complaint and this might be more of a positive but just way too much to do right now cant seem to find the time each day to get everything I want to get done.

Your OP shows you already assume if people like it then they're lying to you. Either way, I'll reply to your incredibly biased post by simply saying it's the most fun I've ever had in WoW.

Deleted
    Boring as hell. Oh and poop quests.

Deleted
    WoW = 94
    TBC = 89
    Wotlk = 90
    Cata = 74
    Mop = 60

I hate dailyes.

Deleted
    Enjoying it very much. The dailies arent as grindy as some of the stuff in TBC or Wrath(can i include firelands?) yet there is a lot more to do and be rewarded for etc. Professions are better than ever and raiding is great. Lots of stuff is icing on the cake like pet battles etc. For difficulty we have more tiers /levels of gear with challenge dungeons and simpler gear through dailies. Much like before Raiders get the best gear. Hardcore and casuals catered just as well. Great expansion so far.

PVP Balance - no idea. Our server is 99% horde
    PVE Balance - 8/10
    PVE Difficulty compared to WOTLK Difficulty - 5/10
    Story Depth - 9/10

Just my 2c

PvE questing = fun
    PvE zones = awesome
    PvE balance = eh? There's balance in this game?
    PvE dungeons normal = faster scooter faster!!
    PvE heroics = no idea yet
    PvE dailies = Omg i have 6 characters. WTH Blizzard!
    PvP balance = eh x10? There's balance in this game?

I like the xpac so far. The theme is very different than the previous xpacs. Especially Cataclysm, so serious :/

At moments I do have this feeling that I don't belong in the setting, depends on what class I play. When i'm running around with my undead shadowpriest alt I feel out of place, but maybe that's just me.

If you're hardcore in the way of playing 6+ hours straight every single day, then you are gonna be burned out pretty fast. If you're casual and take things real slow, you accept the fact a lot of things are gated and will take time to accomplish, then you're in for some fun and entertaining gaming moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Sorry do you mean dungeons or raids?. The dungeons are more faceroll than the wrath ones. Literally. I literally defeat bosses by placing my face on the keyboard and tanking the shit out of them.
    well i find them harder, probs to you for being a better tank than me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    well i find them harder, probs to you for being a better tank than me.
    You can't be serious. You find the lvl 90 "heroics" harder than in wrath? Dude I've been tanking them in with ilvl 378 shoulders. It requires less thought than wrath. Which is to say NONE.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Questing was fluid and I thought it was fun. It only takes about a week to get to 90, so that's a plus or minus based on if you like questing/leveling. However, cut scenes were mostly used with NPC arrival/dialogue at the end of the occasional quest hub and the end of some zones have a cut scene like the Wrath Gate, but they are spread out and nowhere near as frequent as Cataclysm. They are well placed and contribute rather than detract from playing.

I did Jade Forest > Valley of Four Winds > Kun Lai Summit > maybe 1/4 of Townlong Steppes, and perhaps 1/2 of Dread Wastes and hit 90. This means I have a Karasang Wilds, Valley of Eternal Blossoms, lot of Dread Wastes and Townlong Steppes available for alts to take different paths for leveling.

Dungeons are quick and fairly easy on normal, require a little thought but not difficult on heroic. They are a good pace for gearing up and just starting with LFG having random PUGs, but will be radically easy for a pre-made group. This was, however, intentional.

When you hit 90, a plethora of things open up with dailies. While seeming silly, there's some charming fun with the farm and Tillers dailies, Cloud Serpent dailies remind me of less painful Netherwing rep, and Klaxxi and Golden Lotus seem more standard kill x dailies. I haven't done much with Shado Pan or Anglers yet.

Deleted
    Best expansion so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    You can't be serious. You find the lvl 90 "heroics" harder than in wrath? Dude I've been tanking them in with ilvl 378 shoulders. It requires less thought than wrath. Which is to say NONE.

I haven't tried heroics yet because I'm waiting for my friends to level up to 90 still. However, I did do shado-pan monastery with them and the last boss in there did require me to both get out of that channeled AoE he does and keep charging back in to interrupt his rage thingie.

Not to say that's incredibly hard but that's not faceroll tank n spank sit in one place pressing buttons.

Also, the last boss in mogu'shan palace requires you to keep moving out of his "shockwave", the fires on the ground, the cone AoE flurry of blades and have someone run around turning off crossbow bullets.

There's a lot of stuff happening. The only thing that makes it not that hard is that they don't insta-kill you. But again, people may claim what they want to make it sound like they are pro players, the fact is that FACEROLLING isn't one of the possible claims unless a: you overgear the dungeon, b: Your healer is godlike. Mine was in ilevel 375 and it was NOT faceroll. Forgiving, yes. But not faceroll easy.

I like it alot. I'd give it a 9/10. Hella more enjoyable than Cata imo. Having a blast!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing the Starter edition at the moment. Still not convinced that it is any better. Probably just exceptionally paranoid and wary that Blizzard is talking crap about content patches - again - and don't want to be suckered.

Deleted
    I was very negative towards MoP when it was introduced at first, I thought it would be happy bunnies shitting rainbows and stuff, but I actually found the areas and the story pretty dark. Now I personally never enjoyed questing, but I found that part to be pretty good compared to my expectations. I generally find this expansion to be a lot more interesting than Cataclysm was, I think they spent too much time on revamping the world, which might have been great for new players, but atleast not for me.

I still have a few complaints though, the heroics are too easy, and there are too many dailies. The way to gain reputation with different factions is much better than WOTLK/Cata where you just threw on a tabard, which was pretty stupid imo.
    I haven't had the chance to raid yet, but from what I've seen from streams it looks pretty interesting, new mechanics, new encounters and stuff... Pretty great.

PvP is pretty much the same, no real complaints bout that. I'm looking forward to when they release CRZ in the Panda areas, to get a lil world pvp going.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same old Wow for the most part. Leveling was fun at times, but at other times it was the same old boring kill/collect quests but based on doing menial tasks for Pandaren farmers. I said in another thread that for the first 2 zones all I felt like I was doing was jerking off pandas for XP.

PvP is the same, nothing has changed really. If you liked it in WotLK/Cataclysm you'll like it now, if not, you won't.

Reputations are quite annoying in my opinion. I miss having heroics/tabard to progress after doing whatever dailies that faction had for the day.

Heroics are stupid easy.

Challenge modes are for strictly for vanity so I won't be doing them. You do get some valor for them, but you can do a stomp fest heroic and earn it faster.

I haven't raided yet, my guild will start that next week. But From what I hear it's pretty much the same, the top end guilds crushed everything in one or two days (regular raid) and the mid range guilds will have the regular stuff done in a few weeks. I suspect heroics will go down rather quickly as well (everything downed by top end guilds with in a week or two) everyone else a month or two.

Pretty much the same old wow with generally jovial panda people and pokemon.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2012-10-05 at 02:29 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect