Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    100% Honest?

Best content Blizzard has ever produced
    Until their next expansion or the one after that or the one after that. Apparently they can do nothing wrong.

---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 07:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    While I do agree that even the normal modes of these dungeons are harder than the heroics, which is an atrocious thing, Wrath simply had them tuned better. The Wrath normals were VERY easy, while the heroics also were VERY easy. The normals of MoP are simply easy while the heroics are VERY easy. If you get what I mean.
    That's the thing for alot of these dungeons their are no normal modes. Theirs like 4 you use lvilng and then that's it. Basically heroic has become normal and Challenge has become heroic without the reward. It's gimped.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    PvE isn't simply about raids. That 3 could be based on the 5 mans and Normal raids. Hell, it could be based on quests too really.
    Sure as hell shouldn't be on dungeons then. They offer no reward and require even less thought.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far i'm loving it. Really fun expansion pack. The game is evolving nicely even at its old age, despite what all the forum trolls say.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Ironic that the last few posts are disliking the Dread Wastes. I actually like it. The Klaxxi story is kind of interesting and I like how the zones ties in with it.
    The only reason I dislike it is that after about halfway through the Klaxxi story you know what the next part is gonna be. Wake up another guy, go kill random mobs to feed him, rinse/repeat.

PVP Balance (i have not done as much pvp as i would have liked, too much other stuff to do, but i feel more balanced now than i have since BC)

PVE Balance 8, downranked cause some classes feel low, but no DPS roles feel OP, tanks are another story but where adjusted recently

PVE Difficulty 6-10 there is content that is on par with Wotlk, 5 mans normals/heroics, but then the challenge modes and raids are much more difficult and interesting, as a semi-hardcore guild we where able to use quest blues to clear Naxx in wrath, MsV is not the same, loosing to enrage is a very real possibility, heroic gear is necessary, which i think is a good thing, and even though the 5 man regulars are simple in that you ought not wipe at all, they are still fun and interesting zones and VERY artistically awesome.

Story Depth 10, there are tons of stories going on, and alot of things that create some great moments and emotion, the story interacts with the 5 mans like it used to in Vanilla and even more-so, i found myself completing a zones quests than immediately finding a group to do the 5 man in that zone, even though i lost out on the "random bonus" and raid, everything feels interconnected and there is some fun silly things too, not only that but you are rewarded for searching out the little nooks and crannies of the world with tons of little story tid bits here and there.

Overall i would rank it as my favorite expansion thus far, and i have been subbed since 2006

---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 09:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by irspacehamster View Post
    So if you started to dislike questing previously I would Play a different game cause thats what wow is about
    fixed it for you
    Rejoice, For very bad things are about to happen...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Until their next expansion or the one after that or the one after that. Apparently they can do nothing wrong.
    Spirits forbid someone genuinely likes the expansion.

That's the thing for alot of these dungeons their are no normal modes. Theirs like 4 you use lvilng and then that's it. Basically heroic has become normal and Challenge has become heroic without the reward. It's gimped.
    Errrrr there are shinies plus I reckon simply the feeling you've achieved something should be reward enough (at least that's how it is with me). After all, while gear gets outdated, the memories stay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Errrrr there are shinies plus I reckon simply the feeling you've achieved something should be reward enough (at least that's how it is with me). After all, while gear gets outdated, the memories stay.
    Achieved what? I put my face on the keyboard and tanked every fucking heroic dungeon without even looking at the screen. The memories only stay when the content is memorable. I look forward to challenge modes though. Maybe when I have the gear in 10 years?

It's also fine that he thinks it's the best expansion. I think overall it's a better expansion than cataclysm. It's the second part where I presume he will think the next expansion is blizzards best content. It's basically Blizzard can only do right at this point...
    The hammer comes down:

Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    How can you say that when heroics aren't even out yet?
    Pretty much this.

Don't pretend content is easy, when the challenging content isn't out yet.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

Achieved what? I put my face on the keyboard and tanked every fucking heroic dungeon without even looking at the screen. The memories only stay when the content is memorable. I look forward to challenge modes though. Maybe when I have the gear in 10 years?

It's also fine that he thinks it's the best expansion. I think overall it's a better expansion than cataclysm. It's the second part where I presume he will think the next expansion is blizzards best content. It's basically Blizzard can only do right at this point...
    No, you're saying anyone who thinks the new layout is wrong and blind. People who are very much liking how MoP is designed could just as much have not liked Cataclysm and detailed why. That's not blindly saying Blizzard can do no wrong, just that they feel MoP has done it right. I'm one of them, though I can agree with the suggested X dailies x 7 = rep cap for the week design allowing you to do a full compliment of dailies each day OR run heroics with a tabard for rep. I can agree with that as being reasonable and fair to letting players choose their method.

However...
    Achieved what? I put my face on the keyboard and tanked every fucking heroic dungeon without even looking at the screen.
    YouTube video or it didn't happen.
    For the love of all that is good, YouTube video. I would fall out of my chair laughing if you could literally do this and make a video of it. XD

But you can't...you wouldn't run down halls if you did this. You're using hyperbole to try and exaggerate your complaints. It never helps an argument. Tone it down, acknowledge the advantages of what MoP has, detail the complaints, present rational compromise and solutions. I think you've got some legitimate gripes and even reasonable solutions, but emotion is coming through in your posts more than constructive criticism.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2012-10-05 at 09:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So it seems like there's a large focus on Dailys this time around. I enjoyed Wrath of the Lich King and Burning Crusade Dailys, but I hated Cataclysm. Is there at least a wide option of dailys that you can do? That are spread out through the continent?

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    So it seems like there's a large focus on Dailys this time around. I enjoyed Wrath of the Lich King and Burning Crusade Dailys, but I hated Cataclysm. Is there at least a wide option of dailys that you can do? That are spread out through the continent?
    Yes, they are spread all over. Also, there is no longer a 25/day limit.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    100% Honest?

Best content Blizzard has ever produced
    You just cant be sceptical about 1 thing. I guess different POV's, but its like you see Blizzard as something that cant make 1 mistake. You seem blinded and narrow minded, or just extreme fan boi (Since you seem to post in every thread with nothing but the same blizzard loving stuff)
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I can't judge it yet. So many changes to all of the classes I have sitting at 85, plus a completely new class that I can't just decide which to make my main.

Deleted
    Definitely a good expansion, if they would put reputation tabards back it would be almost perfect.

Are you stupid?

My head blew up when you said that you need gear for challenge modes.... that lock your item level up/down.... to one specific item level.

Edit:

To the OP I love the expac, dailies feel more like TBC, and pvp has got a lot more fun.
    Last edited by Dupree; 2012-10-05 at 10:28 PM.

So far i like it better then cata but it took about a month to get to that point in cata.

But everything on my realm is better so far compared to cata. Places are populated, AH is active.

10+ Year Old Account
    But you can't...you wouldn't run down halls if you did this. You're using hyperbole to try and exaggerate your complaints. It never helps an argument. Tone it down, acknowledge the advantages of what MoP has, detail the complaints, present rational compromise and solutions. I think you've got some legitimate gripes and even reasonable solutions, but emotion is coming through in your posts more than constructive criticism.
    It's just how he rolls. Not the first time he's done it and it definitely will not be the last. Still amusing to see it being pointed out by people other than me, from time to time.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2012-10-05 at 10:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loving it. Also, so far, T14 is really great fun

Ironic that the last few posts are disliking the Dread Wastes. I actually like it. The Klaxxi story is kind of interesting and I like how the zones ties in with it.
    The Klaxxi story was really awesome, I felt really intergrated in the lore for once. Only problem is that it's placed at level 89, and at that time you've become worn out on doing quests and mostly just want them done to hit level cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    Are you stupid?

My head blew up when you said that you need gear for challenge modes.... that lock your item level up/down.... to one specific item level.
    My bad. I didn't know that. Didn't need to blow up or anything. That's good I like that. Look forward to it then.
    The hammer comes down: