No loot from bosses whlie soloing MoP normals - bug or intended?

So out of boredom, decided to start some small solo conquest of MoP instances starting from Temple of Jade Serpent normal. Wise Mari down, no problems with loot (dropped some caster leather, I am plate-wearer). Then There was twin boss - Strife and Peril, no loot. I thought I was sleepy, and couldn't find any chest or anything which would contain loot.

Then came Liu Flameheart - again no loot. I tried relogging, and still nothing. Trash was droppping loot though. Didn't look if Sha drops anything, as it's special ability (clones) is timed, and I was too sleepy to not be bothered to kill this tedious boss just for nothing.

Anyone else encountered this? Is this a bug or intended?

15+ Year Old Account
    For the twins Strife and Peril, the first of them to go down contains the loot for the boss (ofcourse you have to kill both before sparkles comes)

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    For the twins Strife and Peril, the first of them to go down contains the loot for the boss (ofcourse you have to kill both before sparkles comes)
    Small note: well, bosses' corpses could be targetted, but weren't lootable (and weren't sparkling). I thought I could have missed something on twins, but exactly same story with Liu/Yu'lon.

Solo'ing MOP dungeons already? Wow...they must really be easy...faceroll with no hope of defeat is kinda boring. Before anyone says "challenge modes" I already know about them. Do challenge modes drop gear or just the cosmetic gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    Solo'ing MOP dungeons already? Wow...they must really be easy...faceroll with no hope of defeat is kinda boring. Before anyone says "challenge modes" I already know about them. Do challenge modes drop gear or just the cosmetic gear?
    I know, it's as if he were talking about normal mode 5 mans which are tuned for people in gear worse than firelands normal.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2012-10-05 at 04:31 AM.

Deleted
    nothing unexpected.

on the ptr i was able to solo mari as a 85 tank pally and not much changed since then.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know. I've had outside friendly NPC's not being able to TARGET them, had to /tar and /interact. Worked after /rl. Maybe you experienced some bug.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    What was your strategy on strife and peril? I was interested in trying to solo this instance so bought a few 85 MoP blues to accompany my DS gear, managed 270k unbuffed and 180% mastery, first boss was a doddle but this seems more complex with regards to CD usage, or is there some tactic you use to negate certain abilities?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    What was your strategy on strife and peril? I was interested in trying to solo this instance so bought a few 85 MoP blues to accompany my DS gear, managed 270k unbuffed and 180% mastery, first boss was a doddle but this seems more complex with regards to CD usage, or is there some tactic you use to negate certain abilities?
    all you have to do is swap before they get too many stacks. they don't hit hard

I have actually been encountering this a few times in MoP... untargetable corpse.

What I do is pull the next trash pull back into that same room... with the new looting system, you will get the loot from the boss when you loot one of the trash mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    I have actually been encountering this a few times in MoP... untargetable corpse.

What I do is pull the next trash pull back into that same room... with the new looting system, you will get the loot from the boss when you loot one of the trash mobs.
    That, my good sir or madam, is genius level thinking right there.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah right, was probably because I was following the normal strategy of getting to 8 stacks then switching haha, I'll try 2/3 each

15+ Year Old Account
    Entry dungeons have always been soloable with the best solo classes (Mainly DK, Warrior and Hunter). With raid epics, or uber skill, heroics are also soloable. No loot from bosses sounds bad though. If that's intented, there's absolutely no reason to solo dungeons anymore. First the gold nerf and now this. o.o

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post

Ive been having the exact same problem.
    My fix for it has been to simple relog.