Deleted

Stat prio/Weights For PvE Fire ? (mastery vs haste)

So i have been trying to find stuff about this topic for some time, without much luck. I have read a few different things and im puzzled.

Elitist jerk aint got much activity and it is mostly frost and arcane being discussed as of late.

i used the search function on this forum and dident come up with much on this topic. or its from before august.

Maxdps.com was the first place i saw a prio list(for reforging) and it said crit>mastery>haste. and i though it was crit>haste>mastery. And now today Reforgelite addon was updated and the values is also mastery>haste in that.

reforgelite values:
    Hit 180
    Crit 160
    Mastery 140
    haste 120

though we need haste breakpoints(another thing thats been hard finding) this is what i found using search on this forum. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-haste-platues. first dude is clearly wrong. but can any one confirm the 2 others?

"Combustion ticks come at 5%, 15%, 25%, etc.
    Glyphed Combustion ticks at 2.5%, 7.5%, 12.5%, 17.5%, etc.
    Living Bomb/Pyro gain ticks at 12.5%, 37.5%, 62.5%, etc."
    "To get to 12,5% raidbuffed you need to have 7,16% haste from gear (3043 rating)"
    So would this mean our prio is Crit>Haste=3043>Mastery>haste ? (with glyphed combust) untill we get closer to the 17.5%mark ?

I am a fairly new mage and dont know of many places to search for info any input in this department would be nice. using Ej mmo mainly. icy a little but they seem to have many factors wrong. atleast they did when talking about Boomkins.

Any way any opinions on this?

Well, the first of those was me and was confirmed during 5.0.4 before the MoP launch, as well in the haste calculation spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...ny=true#gid=12

You get your LB tick and the Glyphed Combustion tick at 3056 haste rating with full raid buffs.

Now the priority between Haste/Mastery seems to be a point of debate. In my current gear, the two stats are very close to one another. In theory, Mastery should give better AoE and Haste better single target damage. You should Sim your current gear to know for sure what is best for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulski View Post
    Well, the first of those was me and was confirmed during 5.0.4 before the MoP launch, as well in the haste calculation spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...ny=true#gid=12

You get your LB tick and the Glyphed Combustion tick at 3056 haste rating with full raid buffs.

Now the priority between Haste/Mastery seems to be a point of debate. In my current gear, the two stats are very close to one another. In theory, Mastery should give better AoE and Haste better single target damage. You should Sim your current gear to know for sure what is best for you.
    Could you explain this to me. As far as I know the glyphed combustion would gain a tick at 12,5% haste. You gain 5% from raidbuffs.
    So that leaves us with 7,5% from gear.

7,5 * 425 = 3187.5 = rounded to 3188 haste rating needed

Where am I going wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Sylwaria View Post
    Could you explain this to me. As far as I know the glyphed combustion would gain a tick at 12,5% haste. You gain 5% from raidbuffs.
    So that leaves us with 7,5% from gear.

7,5 * 425 = 3187.5 = rounded to 3188 haste rating needed

Where am I going wrong?
    You need 7.14% haste because haste is multiplicative. So if your goal is 12.5% minus the raid buff, you need
    1.125 / 1.05 = 1.0714 or 7.14%.

Ohhh - I was always wondering. Thanks for your help. 7,14% should be rather decent to achieve.

Edit:

7,14 * 425 = 3034.5 = 3035

That would mean I need 7,19% base haste. Is one of these ticks at a haste breakpoint of 12,55%?

Also - created a char dev profile for the current gear I'm aiming for before our raid on sunday.
    This should give me hitcap (check expertise and hit values, sums up to 5100 rating), first hastecap at 12,5% and decent crit I suppose (what's left over ;() Only need 2 more pieces to get it.

http://chardev.org/profile/3755-SyleahTerrordar.html

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Sylwaria; 2012-10-05 at 08:41 PM.