resto shaman whats to much mastery now?

since we buff ourself what is to much mastery

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're using a haste build, the general rule of thumb is 1st haste breakpoint > 50% mastery > 2nd haste breakpoint. If you're doing a crit build, you shouldn't be stacking mastery at all, and you'll get however much you get.

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

General stat priority right now is int/spi > 1st haste breakpoint (871 iiirc of the top of my head) > mastery to 50% > crit > haste

Assuming you are geared in heroic dungeons or above you will likely find it difficult to give up enough haste to get down to the breakpoint, and will also find it difficult to give up enough mastery to worry about going below 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by oberetta View Post
    General stat priority right now is int/spi > 1st haste breakpoint (871 iiirc of the top of my head) > mastery to 50% > crit > haste

Assuming you are geared in heroic dungeons or above you will likely find it difficult to give up enough haste to get down to the breakpoint, and will also find it difficult to give up enough mastery to worry about going below 50%.

pretty much this but as a reminder this assumes you are using the Ancestral Swiftness talents that gives a passive +5% haste. Without AS the first breakpoint is way out around 2.2k

As goblin with AS I went with 3327 haste, then trying to stay above 45% mastery. Only because I want the extra crit for mana gains. Realistically I want to shoot for 50% mastery and 15% crit but that's many ilvl's away.

I personally dont think there is a point of too much mastery. Since the raids are new theres gonna be a lot of progression now and people are ofc gonna be taking more damage. And especially wen u start on hc raids bigger heals are gonna be a lot more useful. Im currently like 63% mastery wen things havent procced and its alright atm but id love alot more

My general reforging is haste = mastery > spirit > crit. Anything which doesnt have haste or mastery on it I reforge spirit or crit to them and that works fine with me to get the highest output possible and my mana lasts fine too so it works for me
    Last edited by mjolnrik; 2012-10-05 at 02:31 PM.