Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JonBoy2001 View Post
    I've got a guildie still using Heart of Unliving

I'm wondering how it ranks in your comparisons, and if he's on to something or just has bad luck with trinkets.
    Heart ends up being 1156 so pretty far behind. The mana regen is great, 990 spirt but it is a huge intel loss.

Also, I took the 1 int = 0.8 spirt simply because for many exp that has been the stat wt. used. Bigger heals mean less heals and we need bigger heals to keep up with bigger health pools and bigger damage. Spirt is VERY important but so is the the size of our heals. An it is important to remember it takes a lot of spirit to generate enough mana to afford our 22k mana heals but it also takes a lot of intel to make a holy light a divine light. That is why the stats are so close.

Thanks for the answer. I'll keep using my barrel and alchy stone.
    Moo.

I got a Jade Courtesan Figurine off trash, same stats as the Shadow Pan trink it looks like, but maybe want to add it to the list. According to wowdb there's a LFR and Heroic version too.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Wowhead has them too but they have all the same spirit values. Can you confirm the spirit value in-game?

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 12:11 AM ----------

Oh, and it is the same stats and on use as the Scroll of Revered Ancestors.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    Where does Price of Progress stand since the nerfs to its proc rate? im noticing very very little in the ways of mana returns from this trinket now.
    Has anyone else been able to confirm the mana return compared to Vail. In my own testing I had the Vail well above the Price after the nerf.

Also, I was getting the Alc Stone to proc about once every 50 sec which agrees with the information above. Now with that said, I have always lean'd
    towards not using random proc trinkets unless they are op. I feel like blizzard always screws people over in terms of when they proc. Would you still use it over the vail, barrel and price?

Thanks
    Xanoval

Quote Originally Posted by bouchbagette View Post
    Wowhead has them too but they have all the same spirit values. Can you confirm the spirit value in-game?

In-game it's +1079 intellect and on use for 3,595 Spirit for 15 seconds with a 1 minute cooldown.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Any word on scroll of revered ancestors? if its worth it to buy or not? Im tempted to (im using empty fruit barrel and vial of ichorous blood atm) but next month im getting a Chi Ji card...so im wondering if i should wait and get the revered spirit helm from rep (six pools helm) instead.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

What about Jade Courtesan Figurine? http://www.wowhead.com/item=87081#comments

---------- Post added 2012-10-25 at 09:08 AM ----------

I got that one before Four King trash.

---------- Post added 2012-10-25 at 09:10 AM ----------

I have the regular one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunami View Post
    That trinket is bad. Wouldn't be suprised if it's last on the list.

2. 1 int = 2 spell power. Int is the number 1 throughput stat.
    This is simply wrong, as healer you gain 1:1 spellpower from intellect (not counting 5% from armor, 10% from
    mage buff and 5% from kings/marks). With all those buffs, its 1:1.21
    This was changed in MoP.

If you now look at the statweights posted on page 1:

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    Copy, paste from the paladin healing guide in this forum.
    100 Mastery Rating: 0.00837 / (1+0.1995) = 0.00698, about 0.7% relative healing increase.
    100 Crit Rating: 0.005568 / (1+0.1535) = 0.0048, about 0.48% relative healing increase.
    100 Haste Rating: 0.0078 / (1+0.144) = 0.0068, about 0.68% relative hps increase.
    100 Spellpower: 100 / (10180 + 9000) = 0.0052, about 0.52% relative healing increase.
    you have
    100 Intellect = 121 Spellpower : 0,0052x1,21= 0,0063, about 0.63 relative healing increase,
    making it worse than mastery rating and haste rating per point.
    Last edited by noepeen; 2012-10-25 at 10:44 AM.

We had the stamina trinket drop from trash on heroic last night, ilvl 489 and normal stats, so I'm not sure there is more than 1 version of the jade courtesan aswell. Also seeing that Wowhead lists 17 mobs that drop it for normal, but no drop tab for lfr nor heroic at all.

Jade Courtesan Figurine

898.75 spirit + 1079 int = 1761.95 ( 1 spirit = 0.8 int)
    1079 int + 719 = 1798 (1 int = 0.8 spirit)

Might not be the best, but the spirit never gets wasted.

Also, if someone prefers spirit than int, like me, here are some additional trinkets;
    1 spirit = 0.8 int

Heroic Qin-xi's 2386.8
    Heroic Spirits of the Sun 2457
    DMC Relic 2136
    Last edited by rinleezwins; 2012-10-25 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExLancer View Post
    That trinket is bad. Wouldn't be suprised if it's last on the list.
    Can you explain why? I've been seeing a lot of holy pallys reforging to mastery and away from haste. I still like haste you can make up the loss if spirit by flashing spirit or using spirit food. Granted a similar argument can be made for using two spirit trinkets, but just wanted to know why we all of a sudden hate haste.

Quote Originally Posted by shabinka View Post
    Can you explain why? I've been seeing a lot of holy pallys reforging to mastery and away from haste. I still like haste you can make up the loss if spirit by flashing spirit or using spirit food. Granted a similar argument can be made for using two spirit trinkets, but just wanted to know why we all of a sudden hate haste.
    For heroic raids at least, you need WAY MORE than 10k spirit, you won't make up for that with reforge/spirit food.

Quote Originally Posted by rinleezwins View Post
    For heroic raids at least, you need WAY MORE than 10k spirit, you won't make up for that with reforge/spirit food.
    Why? I was sitting at 10k buffed before this week (got new trinket and such yesterday, also finished clearing so won't get a reliable chance to check out my changes until Tuesday) and as long as you know how to roll your cooldowns you should never be too starved for mana. I feel that you feel that your spirit has to be so high because your int is so low. If your divine light hits softly, then you need to cast more of them. However, if they hit like they should (nice big heal), then you should only have to cast one to mitigate the damage.

Also - off-topic but can someone explain why people moved from reforging to haste haste to reforging to mastery?

Quote Originally Posted by shabinka View Post
    Also - off-topic but can someone explain why people moved from reforging to haste haste to reforging to mastery?
    1. Mastery is the stronger throughput stat.
    2. Haste only increases the Hps, not healing itself.
    3. Haste also increases your manaconsumption.

Haste might be better if you often see yourself "reacting" to damage just in time
    when you are healing tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    1. Mastery is the stronger throughput stat.
    2. Haste only increases the Hps, not healing itself.
    3. Haste also increases your manaconsumption.

Haste might be better if you often see yourself "reacting" to damage just in time
    when you are healing tanks.
    I thought that we were always looking for more haste, seeing as how the faster that we can heal with our big heals the more effective we'll be. Especially on fights like Gara'jal where the damage is unavoidable and bypasses shields and such. Guess i was wrong...

On gara'jal your main heal is probly Flash of Light, reforging for haste might take your cast time from 1.25 to 1.2, that reduction isn't worth losing 8-10% mastery

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemcqeen View Post
    On gara'jal your main heal is probly Flash of Light, reforging for haste might take your cast time from 1.25 to 1.2, that reduction isn't worth losing 8-10% mastery
    I usually use a combination of FoL (w/ FoL glyph) and Divine Light. Since the glyph increases healing it makes healing in the spirit realm really easy. I may end up doing some haste and some mastery. I guess I'll come back Tuesday after I get to test this out in a raid scenario.