Question [Ret] Cooldown order

Assuming I have AW, HA, an on-use trinket 20s, and ES.
    So I go something like AW + on use trinket + ES , then HA & continue to dps ? Should I macro the first 3 together ? Will ES execute after snapshoting both Wings and on-use trinket if I put it in the 3rd line of the macro ?

Glossary:
    AW-Avenging Wrath
    HA-Holy Avenger
    ES-Execution Sentence

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that looks good, also make sure that you pop Guardian 10 seconds before you hot the macro that activates AW, ES, and your trinket. I actually made a cast sequence macro that popped all my cds by spamming it. looks something like this:

/use 13
    /use 14
    /castsequence reset=combat Avenging Wrath, Execution Sentence, Holy Avenger, Hammer of Wrath, Templar's Verdict, Avenging Wrath, Execution Sentence, Holy Avenger, Hammer of Wrath, Templar's Verdict

I repeat it twice so that I can use it once at the beginning of fights, and again at the 6 minute mark when i use Guardian, AW, HA, ES, and trinket all at the same time.

/wave Floross (it's Coriel)

The only thing about that macro is that I think HA will activate inside the GCD of Execution Sentence if you are spamming the key, thus sort of negating the point of using castsequence. I think you're doing it so HA activates with HoW, thus maximizing HA generator+finisher time, and I'm not sure that will happen like you expect.

i.e. (ignoring HoW + TV) I think the macro is pretty much the same as just going:

/use 13
    /use 14
    /cast Avenging Wrath
    /cast Holy Avenger
    /cast Execution Sentence

Only that will all execute with one button press rather than three.

Hey Coriel , long time no see.

So it's best I put HA on a separate keybind and hit it right after I hit my macro that combines AW, trinket, ES ( 1-1.5s gcd depending on current haste ). That's still a pain to have cds on 3 separate keybinds not to mention I already have the trinket on use on my bars for clicking since wings and trinkets are separate timers, and HA is also 2 mins >.< . Wish I had a good way to keybind more stuff ...

10+ Year Old Account
    No reason to cast HA before ES, ES doesn't benefit from HA and it wastes a GCD. I put the HoW in there because its going to be our top priority Holy Power Generating spell while AW and HA are up, and then tv directly after for obvious reasons.

Edit: also since AW last 20 seconds and HA lasts 18 there really is no downside to using ES before HA
    Last edited by Bombercloner; 2012-10-05 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombercloner View Post
    No reason to cast HA before ES, ES doesn't benefit from HA and it wastes a GCD. I put the HoW in there because its going to be our top priority Holy Power Generating spell while AW and HA are up, and then tv directly after for obvious reasons.

Edit: also since AW last 20 seconds and HA lasts 18 there really is no downside to using ES before HA
    Right, but I'm suggesting that if you're hammering the macro button, HA will go off during the ES GCD, rather than immediately after the GCD finishes. So you still end up wasting part of that GCD. The third button press will happen immediately after the ES GCD starts, not 1-1.5s after.

Though to be honest, I'm not sure you can avoid that happening regardless of how you set up your keys. And it seems like a relatively small loss.

So would the final ES damage benefit from AW say if:
    We use GoAK > wait 10 > AW > then when GoAK and AW has 1 sec left pop ES.
    Would the rest of the 9s and final damage be buffed?

I've been using Pre Pot, GoAK > 10 > AW/HA/Trink > at 11-10s left, pop ES. But thinking if the above question works, can benefit from another 9s of stacking GoAK.

Quote Originally Posted by eflikt View Post

I've been using Pre Pot, GoAK > 10 > AW/HA/Trink > at 11-10s left, pop ES. But thinking if the above question works, can benefit from another 9s of stacking GoAK.
    Yeah , that's actually a good idea ( if you're not using HA ).

No, it wouldn't. It doesn't snapshot Avenging Wrath, but it snapshots your current strength. Not sure about crit, though. I'd imagine it would?

I think you get to 20 stacks before 11-10 seconds left. Regardless, you can't really go wrong as long as you use ES when you have 20 stacks up and make sure the last tick hits during Avenging Wrath.

Execution Sentence and Light's Hammer do no snapshot any stats, they update periodically.