Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can actually do this, too, and I know exactly what you're talking about. Whenever I do it, I get the sensation that I'm freefalling.

How low can you get your pulse? Back when I was running a lot I could get it just under 40bpm with a resting of about 65.

The Power to control your Sympathetic Response- voluntarily- is very real

I have been practicing western medicine for 30 years and for a change also just completed my masters in Oriental Medicine (2014). [We] have for years used different equipment to play with my "ability" while in the ER/OR/Office while no patients:
    PulseOX, EEG, EKG, spirometry.The fact is, it is an instantaneous- literally as fast as thought phenomena/ability that can send my HR up to 200bpm is seconds, all while maintaining a NSR-normal sinus rhythm (PQRST remains unremarkable, otherwise); it is simple tachycardia. The pulse ox remains saturated and whereas the BP may raise to over 160/96 within seconds, the arterial pressure at rest does not substantially rise.
    I have always asserted (the reason is lost with age) that I "squeeze" my adrenal glands. It does not matter that western medicine says that this is not possible. What matters is the similar reports from disparate people all around the world. We are all describing something similar. Variously, some report that they are squeezing something in their head. Perhaps this is due to the incredible electric-like sensation tingling around the neck, head, and shoulders, pupils changing size, regardless of light conditions.
    My breathing does not change and while my tidal volume remains the same we once calculated that my stroke volume for cardiac output only begins to become effected at x ___bpm after a few minutes. Those of us who do this cannot really do this for minutes at a time; we exhaust then stop.
    I often would engage in conversation, laugh, or drink water just to demonstrate to others that this is not contemplative, or bearing down on pelvis, contra stimulation of parasympathetic response, etc. In every single case I have convinced my peers, professors, cardiologists, and others that this was real. In every case they stood corrected, surprised, but did not understand.
    So reserve some mystery for the unknown; these posters here are not unbalanced. We can tell, as a bona fides, others who have this versus others who are imagining it. It requires no thought, emotion, respiration, or other manipulation and it does not respond to time; its instantaneous. Oh, and when done, there will be an appreciable difference in armpit smell. This may be due to the secretion of porcine/like glands related to... fight or flight- sympathetic response!
    Lastly, I am also a well adjusted 50 year special forces medic with over a decade in war zones- I tell you plainly that some of these posters do not need mental health exams! I too, when young, wondered whether this odd ability had manifestations outside of my body. I too stared at candles to put out flame, tried to get a girl to turn around, etc., while "squeezing." I think these were/are normal actions of a curious, examined mind. (The girls didn't turn around and the candle remained lit).

My final note is, while lost in time related to the Posting date, I hope my comments serve some benefit for anyone searching to discover what is happening to them. I began searching for explanation before internet age and the medical books, as the internet now, had nothing conclusive. And yet... each one of us who does this is just 100% positive that this ability IS deeply related to something else; isn't that right? Here is a throw away email address I offer if anyone can help me still to understand this ability. I will keep email for 24 months from Apr 14. priapus4u at hotmail. com

Quote Originally Posted by arjunadawn View Post
    -Snip-
    I'm sorry Sir/Madam but I don't want to buy your book.

There are also somewhat real X-men out there. While not truly awesome, there is a man in Asia (can't remember country) who was named the real life Magneto although he only secretes a super adhesive sweat that you can stick a frying pan to and it would not fall off his chest.
    Last edited by Calfredd; 2014-04-06 at 06:39 AM.

Deleted
    I can move my iris very fast creating a view that easily picks up glinting things, use it alot to find dropped earrings, paperclips and other shit i or someone else drops on the street. Also i can control my saliva gland under my tongue, literally spitting like a cobra.

Hello

If you are looking for other people who can do this strange thing, please visit and read this post, particularly the last few pages:

http : // ww w. dreamviews. com/fitness-health/88482-adrenaline-rush-will-7. html#post2095314

Only reason at this Lucid Dreaming site is because that is where I landed when I decided to finally answer the question asked by this poster. We now have a handful of us coming on board and we are having medical tests conducted to explore this. What you have is very specific and no, other people who meditate, breath, push, pull, think... do not have this. You can control this as easily as farting, right? Please pass on this survey to anyone else you know online who HAS THIS ability. When you read the survey you will realize it was created as if someone knew you. Apparently, many of us are the same.

http : // kwiksurveys. com/ s.asp?sid=lxkp91z7kx6ezyi342919

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Hello

If you are looking for other people who can do this strange thing, please visit and read this post, particularly the last few pages:
    Lot of effort in necroing a 2 year old thread just to advertise

Deleted
    I can change the size of my pupils without any adrenaline involved in the process, nor do I need any object I focus on or any light changes involved. However, the more I change the size of my pupils, the blurrier my vision gets. Therefore I know that I can just pretend my eye to focus on something that is far away or very close without actually looking at anything.

It kind of reminds me of these 3d pictures. If you control your eyes correctly you can see it, if you just look at it normally you can't.
    Like this one: http://www.improveeyesighthq.com/ima...ams-word3d.jpg
    Some people can't do it at all, some people need a trick and other people can see it instantly.

I never thought that it was anything special.

As for getting a higher heart rate, don't know how it works for you. Not sure it has much to do with large amounts of adrenaline, maybe just a self-induced stress response. However, my eyes in that sense are completely separated from my heart rate. I can make it faster just by putting myself into a different state of mind, without actually thinking about anything. E.g. I can start feeling all panicky and nervous without needing to think about.. err.. dunno something bad that would make me react that way, maybe imagining my children dying or something. This is used by very talented actors/actresses alot, to be able to put your mind into the character you're playing so well that people can't tell anymore that it is an act.

What are you thinking/feeling when you do what you're doing? And what effect does it have on you, do you see better or worse, is your skin more sensitive or not? Or are you just 'sitting there panicking' more or less.

Either way, I guess I have 'that ability' but it's different.

--

Wiggling your nose, or ears, moving your scalp or largen your nostrils, even controlling your pupils is a matter of isolating your muscles. You focus on them and separate them from the muscles that are usually connected to it. It's a matter of practice.

I have always asserted (the reason is lost with age) that I "squeeze" my adrenal glands. It does not matter that western medicine says that this is not possible. What matters is the similar reports from disparate people all around the world.
    ಠ_ಠ

Oriental medicine... so like... not actual medicine.

Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    I can only assume that I can voluntarily release adrenaline. The reason being is, when I do whatever it is I do to make my pupils grow larger, it also greatly increases my heart rate momentarily. It's like two mutant powers in one.

Anyone have an idea of what the hell is happening? All I can explain it as, is that feel of your stomach falling out of your ass when you're frightened or you hear bad news. I can turn that on and off, on a whim. I don't have to tense any muscles or move whatsoever; I can be perfectly still and do this.

Anyone else have this ability?
    I also have this ability and I'm new to it, but seeing as how it's been a few years since you last posted have you made any further advances to controlling it/ finding out more about it?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    Now, if only people's heads blew up when I did it. And trust me, I tried a lot in middle school.
    Probably affecting your own health negatively, though.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Jeses, this thread. I think this is like the fourth necro? We must be the authority on this topic here lol

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Jeses, this thread. I think this is like the fourth necro? We must be the authority on this topic here lol
    I don't know, people thinking that mentally triggering an anxiety attack is somehow a super power and all... The thread is likely ranked somewhere on the first or second page of some weird google searches by crazy people.

Apparently I said the following 2 years ago here, but I'll repeat for further viewers that somehow stumble upon this:

Inducing an anxiety attack to the point of having a moderate fight-or-flight reflex (which is what OP is describing, he likely has a hardcore underlying anxiety issue) is NOT healthy, it's a massive strain on your heart. It's not something that you want to regularly accomplish.
    Last edited by glo; 2014-10-05 at 10:58 AM.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    you're obviously a super saiyan.