Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Battleground Bots

Just want to see if anybody has had a similar experience since the expansion... joined battleground that horde were already winning. Literately 10/10 horde seemed like bots, and I think maybe 7/10 Alliance. Don't remember it being this bad ever. Assuming it's because I'm still in the levelling bracket? Or is 90 going to be just as bad?

Scoreboard pretty much sums the game up.

Last edited by NiveouS; 2012-10-08 at 02:26 PM.

omg lol! I've had it bad in BG's before but never like that. It should die down after they have earned all the gear they need.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

i hope all the botters get perma banned.
    i'm a rogue nerf me please.

Blizzard needs to use the epic ban hammer.
    "PvE is like playing chess against an opponent that makes the same moves everytime"

"PvP is like playing chess"

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AiAtola View Post
    Blizzard needs to use the epic ban hammer.

They'd lose a medium of 2 accounts per ban and they don't want such thing to happen...

Blizzard doesn't ban bots. A bot is still a subscription every month. They will give warnings, but never follow through. Money is money and Blizzard is a business.

I know people who have literally botted multiple toons to level cap. Every expansion since BC. Most they ever got was a warning. All accounts are still active to this day. It's laughable that people think botters are perma banned.

Deleted
    They crack down pretty hard on economy farming bots though

Deleted
    That is some goddamn stupid bots, why aren't the bots fighting? Btw you never know if a player is a bot or not, sometimes ppl slack and do little, sometimes they bot and kill lots of ppl.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    Blizzard doesn't ban bots. A bot is still a subscription every month. They will give warnings, but never follow through. Money is money and Blizzard is a business.

I know people who have literally botted multiple toons to level cap. Every expansion since BC. Most they ever got was a warning. All accounts are still active to this day. It's laughable that people think botters are perma banned.
    Leveling bots are less likely to get banned than farming/PvP bots because they're less obvious and less invasive. Perhaps you failed to consider that?
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Things that ruin BGs: Bots and Multi-boxers. Do they pay for the game, yes. Does it ruin the game, also yes. Hard from their end to make a fix of it but the paying players dont' care to see them in game.

lol. if i had a bot...

it would allow me to avoid all the stupid parts of this game i hate. like leveling. grinding honor. leveling professions....leaving town...

its not that im lazy, its just that sitting in elwynn forest waiting for my arena queue is all i like to do.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    Leveling bots are less likely to get banned than farming/PvP bots because they're less obvious and less invasive. Perhaps you failed to consider that?
    I didn't fail to consider anything.

They botted it all. PvP, farming mats, PvE, etc. Got warnings. Not a single ban in over 5 years.

Blizzard doesn't ban bots.
    Yes they do.

If they do I'd LOVE to see a name/shame list. cos Ive reported people since the day I hit 90. and I still see them in my bgs. night after night.

(i play late so its a small crowd!)

did 10 bg's tonight, and more then 50% of the players (horde/ally) were bots. It is actually very easy to win, I actually won.. all 10. but the point is.. its bad.

Im honestly considering doing it myself at this point, Hell, I get bored grinding.. i could use one for my proffs.. why shouldnt i? clearly blizz doesnt take action, ive reported at LEAST 3 people ive seen tonight, several weeks ago, and again since. (they stood out due to stupid names) yet they are still there, botting brazenly!

As someone who likes to play late nights when he can, it is always like this during nighttime. I've been joining BGs with every other player being a bot for years now, and I dubt it's going to be stopping anytime soon.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

My last ab horde had 3 players and 12 bots. They seem to follow the same routine all of them. Cap farm stand there for a few seconds and then all of them head to LM. Same thing for ally bots. Cap stables wait and then head to LM.

sadly blizzard only do ban waves: aka they find out how a certain botting software is bypassing guardian and then modifying it to work against bots and then banning all accounts related to that type of botting.

But thing is: bot makers know this too and are always 2 steps ahead of blizzard and refining their botting software to be more undetectable than the last version and only the people who are too cheap to pay the bot companies for the latest versions get caught and banned.

If blizzard upped their game and actually made a team of REAL people to manually search for bots and enforce serious consequences (like credit card blacklisting, ip blacklisting, bank account blacklisting) then maybe people would be less inclined to do it

Deleted
    Just took a bg, it was awful with so many shitty botters who did nothing.
    http://memegenerator.net/instance/27989863

Ye, exactly. But as long as the bots can be identified, group them in 1 big BG like AV. So they will not get too much xp/honor etc. etc. Blizz happy, players happy and bots happy too, :-) just jokin ... bots are annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    sadly blizzard only do ban waves: aka they find out how a certain botting software is bypassing guardian and then modifying it to work against bots and then banning all accounts related to that type of botting.

But thing is: bot makers know this too and are always 2 steps ahead of blizzard and refining their botting software to be more undetectable than the last version and only the people who are too cheap to pay the bot companies for the latest versions get caught and banned.

If blizzard upped their game and actually made a team of REAL people to manually search for bots and enforce serious consequences (like credit card blacklisting, ip blacklisting, bank account blacklisting) then maybe people would be less inclined to do it
    That's stupid, obviously eliminating whole methods of botting is orders of magnitude more effective than trying to ban bots one by one.

Or sure, they could employ thousands of people to comb through millions BGs every day and make a guess at who is and is not a bot and ban them, and pass their salaries on to customers in the form of massive license hikes. We'd all love that, right?

And they'd probably still wind up catching less botters than they are right now.