Windwalker is pretty much useless in arena.

Cant solo healers for god sake (I know healers are hard to kill right now but come on)
    Extremely vulnerable to cc
    Only good against melee
    Jab pretty much does no damage
    Fists of fury < HoT skills

Got more than 5 days of playing time in monk already.
    Thought I would cry a little bit.

I don't know about current balance, but isn't it pretty normal for at least 1 spec of every class to be useless in arena?

Deleted
    Unlucky mate.

As far as I'm concerned, Blizzard should create another game for PvP and let me never hear from it ever again.

Well monks got two not-pvp-able specs haha

We are so kitable its not funny

I honestly think they should switch the Brewmaster ability Clash with Charging Ox Wave, so that Clash is a talent and COW is BrM only. Reduce the CD on Clash, but only make it effect your target and reduce COW's range to 10 yards. This would give that tier a bit more of an interesting choice and would allow WW not to be so easily kited in PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluey111 View Post
    We are so kitable its not funny
    A lvl 87 hunter wanted to duel me just when I dinged 90. Sure I thought, would be fun.
    He went into stealth, and 2 seconds later I got dazed and group raped by a million pets, died before I could finish a GCD.

Your avatar is pretty much MFW

Quote Originally Posted by Pivotpony View Post
    A lvl 87 hunter wanted to duel me just when I dinged 90. Sure I thought, would be fun.
    He went into stealth, and 2 seconds later I got dazed and group raped by a million pets, died before I could finish a GCD.

Hunter's 4pc bonus is ridiculous and needs to be nerfed.

OP: How much pvp gear do you have? Do you have the gloves for the snare removal?

Deleted
    Are ppl just plain retarded? Hunter is broken at the moment, just read any pvp-related forumn and even the HUNTERS are agreeing its stupid. So please stop comparing your duel performance to BM - even a lvl 87.

WW Monks need one more survival CD and a glyph that makes either roll or FSK a targeted ability. Then they are fine. There are already people playing WW monk at 2200/2300 MMR...

Also, OP, when should ANY class be able to solo a healer that has more than 4 cells in his brain? The only classes that can do that at the moment are mage, BM hunter and warrior, all of which are FoTM at the moment and will recieve nerfs imminently (apart from mage, that shits been nuttage since S1).

Wow all these complaints sound exactly like Ret complaints from most of Cata. Am I really in the right forums? Still it does suck man. Just means either have to wait for Blizz to fix it or suffer through.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoons View Post
    Wow all these complaints sound exactly like Ret complaints from most of Cata. Am I really in the right forums? Still it does suck man. Just means either have to wait for Blizz to fix it or suffer through.
    If it really is this bad in arena then you just have to suffer through, waiting for fixes might take a long time. You won't see any significant fixes until maybe the first content patch. If a class/spec is suffering badly it's not something they can/will simply hotfix.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    If it really is this bad in arena then you just have to suffer through, waiting for fixes might take a long time. You won't see any significant fixes until maybe the first content patch. If a class/spec is suffering badly it's not something they can/will simply hotfix.
    WW Monk's dmg is very very competitive in arena and even in a BG setting. As gear gets better RSK and BoK will scale hilariously due to the armor debuffs, so there is no problem at all with damage output.

The problem lies with their survivability and cc. Paralysis is unbearable right now, it never lands for more than 2 seconds and when compared to similar melee cc's (epsecially DK and feral) it seems incredibly unfair to force us to talent into it, just to make it 'kind-of-useful'.

Survival-wise we need some serious thought. To me Touch of Karma should be a spec defining move, but seems buggy and ineffective at best. It is clearly meant to be a PvP orientated ability, so make it worth while. It must be said though, that the only things im consistently getting killed by are warriors and hunters, both of which should be receiving some PvP related nerfs soon as their broken dmg is sprayed all over the forumns on various sites... Other than that, it is a case of time to see what monks best comps will be and learning how to play them, but they are way off a top tier dps spec at the moment.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alviarin View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, Blizzard should create another game for PvP and let me never hear from it ever again.
    I couldn't agree with you more.

Sick of PvP balance affecting my PvE game.

Quote Originally Posted by Burntfinger View Post
    The problem lies with their survivability and cc. Paralysis is unbearable right now, it never lands for more than 2 seconds and when compared to similar melee cc's (epsecially DK and feral) it seems incredibly unfair to force us to talent into it, just to make it 'kind-of-useful'.
    I always just saw it as Gouge redux.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pivotpony View Post

ive been killing lots of 90's leveling 85-87 as a warrior

10+ Year Old Account
    lol... lots of ppl who don't know how to monk ... monk is Kitable? WHAT ? ... we have 2 stuns, 2 incapacitate, 1 root, 2 gap closers(if WW as in OP) we have SICK damage with Rising sun kick and blackout kick... diffuse magic which is OP against any caster, Touch of Karma which again is kinda really op ... 2 heals I don't know what more you want... we are the perfect PVP class... if it's 1v1 I have trouble with NOTHING... well maybe except spirests... so yeah, sorry I don't share your view of us being useless...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stop playing 2s and thinking the game is balanced around it. Of course you can't kill a healer. Honestly, no one can kill healers right now other than Warriors and BM Hunters during their cool downs and even then you need some sort of CC train. On that note however, WW does seem like it's missing something. I don't really like having to wait for Tigerbrew stacks to start doing competitive damage. Xuen is also pretty buggy in arena, he goes where he pleases so I was thinking of picking up Chi Torpedo for some more healing. Played some WW/Warrior/rDruid today and literally 80% of the teams we faced were Warrior/BM/Healer. Between Expel Harm, Chi Wave, Touch of Karma, Fortifying Brew, Disable, Grapple, all of our mobility spells, and anything I missed, I was able to survive versus all of them. People who think WW needs ranged CC are just ridiculous, melee classes shoulden't have reliable ranged CC imo.

Another problem is that the caster classes aren't really that great right now. Sounds weird but Monk's are really good against casters because of the amount of interrupts we have + Dampen Magic and Zen Meditate. We faced a Shadowplay earlier (Lock/Spriest/Healer) and it was a joke. They never pressured us at all and we just oomed their healer with damage on the 2 dps. Anytime I got to 75% I could just dispel Devouring Plague and my Druid got the rest of the dots. The problem doesn't really lie in the state of Windwalker, rather the state of the game right now. BM Hunters and Warriors are making every class look way worse than they are right now. The little games we played against non warrior or BM Hunter teams were pretty stale in terms of damage. Wasn't ever afraid of dying constantly like it was vs KFC.

If Tigerbrew stacked a bit quicker I'd be perfectly fine with Windwalker PvP. We do excellent sustained damage if the match lasts outside the other teams initial burst cool downs and we have incredible utility + control. All in all, first impressions after my first 3s session on Monk are decent. The problem is bigger than the spec, rather the game as a whole. Besides that, I see us working in melee cleaves better than in a balanced (caster/melee/healer) comp. Warrior/Monk/Druid seemed pretty good and might be my personal go to comp defending on BM/Warrior nerfs/changes.

havent met any geared monks so far but from my experience on beta, they were almost impossible to kill and keep distance from (not that hunter kiting ability is any good anymore btw w/e).

touch of karma can counter someone's entire burst,
    multiple ways of healing limited only by short cooldowns and in the case of heal spheres: energy
    extreme mobility: serpent kick, 2 rolls, talented rolls
    great control: auto snare (apart from first time getting in range), aoe stun, incap, ranged root

only thing they dont have is any way to burst (from what i''ve seen) unless it's a clever use of karma plus some small damage buffs like their drink brew move (10% increased damage or something?).

That to me seems completely fair, no class should have everything as is the case of spriest, BM and warrior right now.