Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Windwool Cloth drop rate-is it broken? Sells for 30 silver per stack on my server

It appears that there is smt wrong with Windwool Cloth drop rate. I have seen the market repeatedly crash from massive unloading at the AH, which results to WW cloth being sold for as low as 28 99 silver apiece.

I say again: 28s 99 apiece.

In the beginning I thought that this was a market anomaly, but today is the fifth day in a row I see the market crash under massive loads of windwool cloth.

On my server, Darksorrow EU, there are fifty-six (56) pages of Windwool Cloth Auctions last time I checked, and I was even able to bid in auctions for as low as 24 silver 99 copper apiece.

The price of 30 silver apiece is substantially lower than Linen Cloth (starter level cloth for levels 1-19) which usually sells for 50 silver apiece or higher.

It seems to me that the drop rate of Windwool Cloth is broken.

EDIT: Amend the thread title to read 30 silver apiece, not per stack.
    Last edited by Sturmbringe; 2012-09-30 at 03:37 PM.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

It's not broken, cloth does the exact same cycle every expansion. In the first few days, you have an extreme demand (people aiming for server firsts and whatnot) but not a lot of supply. Eventually, supply catches up very quickly as more and more people finish levelling and start off loading their cloth; The stage we're currently at. As people stop leveling or rep grinding, the supply with start to slow down and eventually the market will stabilize. However, the last stage could be month's after release.

Deleted
    difference between 30 a stack and 28.99 a piece. which is it?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even with the high drop rate, my server keeps it at a steady 20-30g per stack.

Wishing that the mote of harmony's drop rate was the cloth one, haha.

because nobody needs cloth and it drops in masses?
    Pawzz, ArenaJunkies

If it's that cheap buy it up and sell it. A stack sells for 3g 50s to a vendor.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    It also seems like we need a lot less materials to level to 600, but that may just be me.

Deleted
    on my gold 3 days into expansion, cloth was down to 2g per piece, but bolts were selling for 22g per piece, so i simple turned it all into bolts, made a fortune and now im just stocking up guildie tailors seem im barely selling any bolts now, altho i'll be able to farm the bandage achi rly easily lol

Deleted
    There's no "Craft 500 xxx bandage" achieve, so it's only tailors needing it now....not going to cause a MASSIVE decrease in value, but some

They made professions far too easy to level. Pvp gear already dropped to 50g, brilliant green gems are going for 2g.

I agree non tailors are getting far too much cloth. The market didn't drop this hard during the first week of Cata.

Deleted
    the drop rate is way to high imo, ive got 2 24 slot bags full of the stuff, buts its 5g a stack on my server, i cant even be bothered to put it on the ah for such a low amount right now. im hoping in a few weeks it will go up a bit again..

herbs are the same as well, most of the mists herbs on my server are going for 10g a stack, gold lotus is about 150g each. not sure on price of leather and ore.

I checked my inventory across my account

Since mop release, I have farmed 1152 bolts of this wretched cloth. As a mage with tailoring farming at the temple I can farm roughly 2000 cloth/hour. It's absurd.

I haven't vendored it or whatever yet, since I think there'll be a cloth dump put ingame eventually, but it's absurd how useless this stuff is. It's approaching a point where tailoring is the new jewelcrafting for the JC/DE shuffle.

ed: I am also not using potion of luck. If I was using those, I could likely approach 3K cloth/hour.

THREE THOUSAND CLOTH AN HOUR. Christ.

Yeah it is absurd, my plan was to level tailor and with extra cloth from dungeons/questing I would just sell pvp gear but since its so damn cheap now I don't really see the point.

The drop rate is ridiculous, and it's a drag to the economy. The drop rate feels a full 200-300% higher than that of Embersilk/Frostweave. On top of that, they made the problem even worse by not putting in a new "common" bag that can be used to soak up your excess cloth. They really should have put in a 24 slot "Windwool Bag". Not having a current tier regular quality bag available is also something that is bad for quality of life and the economy, because it makes it difficult for new players and alts to get reasonable bags without paying for inflated Frostweave/Embersilk prices.

On top of that, the amount of cloth in circulation is likely to destroy the enchanting market, or at least the value of enchanting mats.

10+ Year Old Account
    you can farm cloth way to fast at the temple in townlong

10+ Year Old Account
    Pro Tip: Buy it all, wait for the market supply to reduce and demand to peak when people get sick of there current class and decide to roll a caster and use tailoring as a main prof.
    Or just wait it out until you make a massive profit, its what I did with hypnotic dust and it worked really well..

I'm up to 2200 bolts now. If they don't hotfix niazuo temple I'll be over 10K bolts in a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    Pro Tip: Buy it all, wait for the market supply to reduce and demand to peak when people get sick of there current class and decide to roll a caster and use tailoring as a main prof.
    Or just wait it out until you make a massive profit, its what I did with hypnotic dust and it worked really well..
    Even if people reroll a caster, they will still get so much cloth from levelling that they won't need to buy Windwool off the AH. I could see it spiking demand for Frostweave/Embersilk (and you need a ridiculous amount of both of those to level), but not Windwool.

Deleted
    Prices will go up when people get honored with golden lotus.

The market has gone further downhill since yesterday. Lowest available BO (Buyout) is 30 silver a piece atm, while you can bid for as low as 13 99 apiece. Won several auctions today at 13 99 apiece.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.