Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Cheapest graphic card for Ultra settings

Any suggestions on graphic card that will allow me to play WoW on Ultra settings with a steady 50-60fps. I miss my WoW maxed settings experience

Deleted
    What kind of system do you have and what are its specifications?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Any suggestions on graphic card that will allow me to play WoW on Ultra settings with a steady 50-60fps. I miss my WoW maxed settings experience
    VooDoo2. Kidding.... lol

IF you want max settings, its not going to all be based on Video Card. You need a good processor too, which I have an i7 and a 570gtx direct cu II and in towns with ton of people I never get 60fps. Everywhere else thats important though I get great fps. Its a huge card though, make sure you judge your case model and style before you buy.

I'm using an Nvidia GTX 570 and an AMD Phenom II x 4 (3.4ghz). Outside of the obvious FPS killing areas (Stormwind/Orgrimmar and the new VoEB faction hubs), Ultra works just fine for me. Your CPU really is the bottleneck for quite a bit at this point and past that it's server-side lag.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

My i5 2500k with EVGA 460 GTX FTW works brilliantly 50+ fps on ultra even in Stormwind. That sort of card is probably about £100 now, but i'd recommend the 660, as I've heard great things about it, and the benchmarks for the card can run the top settings, and will do even for the next expansion i'm sure. and its only £150-180, so worth it in the long run, instead of getting a cheap card now, and replacing it in a year or 2 time, why not spend a little more and keep the card for twise as long.

Deleted
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240

Alot of you guys are just listing off what you have now. Yes wow is more on the cpu. But this will run wow at ultra no problem and its about 100 bucks
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814161402

Deleted
    Hows my CPU?

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Hows my CPU?
    Its fine. You shouldn't have any issues maxing out wow with the right video card.
    With that said, the 7770 listed above would be a good cheap choice for a new card to max out the game.
    :::: Intel 10900k w/ Corsair H100i
    :::: ASUS Maximus XII Formula
    :::: 64GB Corsair Dominator RGB 3600mhz DDR4
    :::: Samsung 512gb 960 PRO m.2 nvme ssd (OS), Samsung 1TB 950 EVO ssd
    :::: Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
    :::: Pop!_OS

Deleted
    How about NVIDIA cards?

Would say the GTX 660. All the other cards are outclassed by the respective AMD card.

I have a amd athlon 64 x2 6000+ 3.02ghz with nvidia geforce 8500 gt. Need a new graphics card that can run wow on ultra with my specs if possible. willing to spend 200-300 dollars.
    Last edited by Bapestar; 2012-10-06 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    I have a amd athlon 64 x2 6000+ 3.02ghz with nvidia geforce 8500 gt. Need a new graphics card that can run wow on ultra with my specs if possible. willing to spend 200-300 dollars.
    Sorry man, but you'll need to get a brand new Mobo and CPU, which isn't going to happen on that budget.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiromar View Post
    Sorry man, but you'll need to get a brand new Mobo and CPU, which isn't going to happen on that budget.
    crazy talkin.
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i3-2100 3.1GHz Dual-Core Processor ($104.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: MSI H67MS-E33 (B3) Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($87.11 @ CompUSA)
    Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7770 1GB Video Card ($103.98 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $296.08
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

that was done pretty quickly, and its not an amazing gaming system but it can play wow at ultra above 40 fps.
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga

10+ Year Old Account
    I have an OC'd 6670 and it gets pretty good results. My cpu is poop tho, which doesnt help at all.

Deleted
    Cheers guys

Quote Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post
    crazy talkin.
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i3-2100 3.1GHz Dual-Core Processor ($104.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: MSI H67MS-E33 (B3) Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($87.11 @ CompUSA)
    Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7770 1GB Video Card ($103.98 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $296.08
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

that was done pretty quickly, and its not an amazing gaming system but it can play wow at ultra above 40 fps.
    And you honestly think that setup will run it on ultra? If he does any raiding whatsoever, I'd be surprised to see it get 30 fps at 1080p with any action on the screen. Now if we're talking a lower resolution it might do decent.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    And you honestly think that setup will run it on ultra? If he does any raiding whatsoever, I'd be surprised to see it get 30 fps at 1080p with any action on the screen. Now if we're talking a lower resolution it might do decent.
    i know so. many people on this site run the same set up, ultra quality with shadows lowered, the I3 is very underrated for gaming.

this would be a different story if we were talking crysis or bf3 though, this system would be rather weak, the gpu would be maxed at mediumish, maybe a touch higher.
    Last edited by jmacphee9; 2012-10-06 at 07:10 PM.
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga

So there is no card i can buy that will run wow on ultra? at the moment i have everything on low but textures and particle density on ultra and im able to reach 60 fps

Deleted
    This isn't a "what spec is your computer and fps thread"
    He asked what is the cheapest.

That being said, WoW is CPU bound in some areas and no matter how good your graphics card is you won't get 60 FPS without a supporting processor.
    If you want 60 FPS in all areas with ultra settings, the cheapest you will get is
    CPU - i5-2500k
    GPU - Nvidia 560ti

You'll need to overclock the CPU to increase the frames in CPU bound areas such as towns and areas with lots of players.