Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    This isn't a "what spec is your computer and fps thread"
    He asked what is the cheapest.

That being said, WoW is CPU bound in some areas and no matter how good your graphics card is you won't get 60 FPS without a supporting processor.
    If you want 60 FPS in all areas with ultra settings, the cheapest you will get is
    CPU - i5-2500k
    GPU - Nvidia 560ti

You'll need to overclock the CPU to increase the frames in CPU bound areas such as towns and areas with lots of players.

So is my CPU ok?

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    So is my CPU ok?
    More than fine, get an AMD 7770 or Nvidia 650 or even a 660 and you will be fine, you dont need a 300 dollar video card to play wow well, I still run 45-60 fps on a freaking Phenom 2 quad and a 5770 and that isnt exactly the greatest.

I will say that in terms of bang for your buck, do not get an AMD card for WoW.

I don't want to get into a whole Nvidia vs AMD debate, but for Warcraft Nvidia cards perform much better - whether that's Blizzard or AMD's fault who knows.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ew,3200-9.html

While the above benchmark link gives an indication of how a graphics card contributes towards your framerate, during raids (especially 25 man/LFR) you will very much be CPU bound.

Personally I would recommend an Nvidia 660Ti (or 670 if your budget allows) and an i5-2500k or i5-3550k and overclock them a bit.

For fps cost, amd is much better. If you look at benchmarks you'll see that we are only talking a few fps difference on most cards however buy what you feel you need. The Radeon HD line be it a 7770 to a 7970 are good cards and do not cost as much as the nvidia counterparts. Same with the cpus, its all preference.

All I will say on my preference, every nvidia card I have ever owned has always failed within 2 years, Im on a 3.5 year old XFX Radeon HD4770 and its still running strong, and yes my settings are on Ultra with a Q6600 Dual Core Intel

Quote Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post
    crazy talkin.
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i3-2100 3.1GHz Dual-Core Processor ($104.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: MSI H67MS-E33 (B3) Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($87.11 @ CompUSA)
    Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7770 1GB Video Card ($103.98 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $296.08
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

that was done pretty quickly, and its not an amazing gaming system but it can play wow at ultra above 40 fps.
    I`m wondering what Ram you will use on the Motherboard ?

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

Quote Originally Posted by Succath View Post
    I`m wondering what Ram you will use on the Motherboard ?
    doesnt matter all ddr3 is dirt cheap, you can get 8GB for under 30 bucks

Also you shouldn't be using the blanket "Ultra" setting. Use custom and tweak each individual setting.

i5 2500K paired with a sub-$150 card like Radeon HD 6850/6870 should work well if you're on a budget.
    Add the price of a budget motherboard if neccessary.

I wouldn't get anything older/weaker than that in either CPU or vid card. Should last you a couple of years.

If you're looking based only on WoW, anything more than a 7770 would be overkill.