Prot - Sha of Anger Quest reward

Hey, Since this reset Sha of anger drops a quest wich rewards an Epic boot.

Now as Prot paladin I don't really know wich one to pick with the new stat prio (hit>exp>mastery>haste>parry dodge)

The dps one
    Haste and Mastery

or the 'tank' one
    Dodge/parry

It Feels wrong to take the dps one as tank but then again the stats...

What are your thoughts / idee's about this ?

/silv

Deleted
    the mastery haste tank one

Deleted
    Your question is basically like a hunter asking wether or not to take an item with expertise.

Stat priorities change, simple as that. The dps one is better.

Surely it is still beneficial to have SOME level of avoidance, though? It would seem odd that a Prot paladin is basically meant to take all DPS gear now.
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing View Post
    Surely it is still beneficial to have SOME level of avoidance, though? It would seem odd that a Prot paladin is basically meant to take all DPS gear now.
    Let me draw a parallel to my hunter.

Sure, mastery and haste is nice, but crit will always be better. Crit will be better then the two other stats in every occation.
    Not like I am gonna pass over crit to get "some level" of haste and mastery. I get whatever haste and mastery I can, but every chance I get I max out crit.
    Same here. Avoidance is not useless, just not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Let me draw a parallel to my hunter.

Sure, mastery and haste is nice, but crit will always be better. Crit will be better then the two other stats in every occation.
    Not like I am gonna pass over crit to get "some level" of haste and mastery. I get whatever haste and mastery I can, but every chance I get I max out crit.
    Same here. Avoidance is not useless, just not good.
    But should we still be seeing tanks running around in full DPS gear? Personally I have been taking items such as Parry/Hit and Dodge/Mastery, while reforging/gemming towards the mitigation stats. It just seems odd to me to be raiding with DPS gear, and if that truly is the better option, I expect Blizzard would make some sort of change soon.

To clarify, in your example for your hunter, it is good to max out crit, but you will still get some level of mastery and haste from your gear. When it comes to tanking, though, it is completely possible to get a set of gear such that you have NO avoidance whatsoever. That seems strange if it is truly the better option than a mixture of avoidance/mitigation, with a bias towards mitigation.
    Last edited by Dragonwing; 2012-10-05 at 01:24 AM.
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing View Post
    It is odd. Essentially if you look at any tank doing Challenge Modes/Raids they're going for Avoidance > Haste right now. However, as the majority don't do that level of content, there's a lot of people doing Haste > Avoidance. It works but it's probably not optimal at this level.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    It is odd. Essentially if you look at any tank doing Challenge Modes/Raids they're going for Avoidance > Haste right now. However, as the majority don't do that level of content, there's a lot of people doing Haste > Avoidance. It works but it's probably not optimal at this level.
    Mastery/Hit/Expertise is by far better then Avoidance for Challenge Modes.

Also even though the DPS boots are better, they are both terrible in the end. You're better off getting Wraithplate Treads off Janice in Scholomance.

Stamina > Hit/exp 7.5% > Mastery > Haste > Parry/Dodge