Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Shauni View Post
    As a noob myself. Just never thought of that before and would like to know if anyone ever try this :
    You can't attack it when it's outside, but what about drainsouling the add BEFORE it goes outside and explode ?
    Like Feng during earthquake, you are not "attacking" it when you can't. Maybe that would work ?
    The problem with doing this is that you might get too much damage on the add so it reaches 1% before it's outside so it will wipe the raid. It's probably not that hard to pull off, I've just not been touching them below 25% because we have other people who are trigger happy in my group. We've also been tight on the DPS on the boss so even if I would get soul shards by doing this I'd essentially waste a couple of seconds and possibly cause another add to spawn. I'll try it out when we clear it this week though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    The problem with doing this is that you might get too much damage on the add so it reaches 1% before it's outside so it will wipe the raid. It's probably not that hard to pull off, I've just not been touching them below 25% because we have other people who are trigger happy in my group. We've also been tight on the DPS on the boss so even if I would get soul shards by doing this I'd essentially waste a couple of seconds and possibly cause another add to spawn. I'll try it out when we clear it this week though.
    Yup, that's definitively something to handle with care. Us warlock kinda love big risk for big gain anyway...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    No they dont, I think you mix it up with gaining a shard every 2nd tick cos they channel a spell and "die" for so long.

OT: SS:SoC will nullify the need for shards, since corruption is put on every spark one will constantly have 4 shards when they are dead (for 25man at least).
    Naa, I apply drain soul with 0-1 shards active when the explossion cast is about 70% done and I get 4 soulshards without even getting one tick from drain soul.

About the Drain Souling on the adds before they go outside on heroic, surely this would be an insane DPS loss or do they blow up faster on heroic than they do on normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetz View Post
    Naa, I apply drain soul with 0-1 shards active when the explossion cast is about 70% done and I get 4 soulshards without even getting one tick from drain soul.

About the Drain Souling on the adds before they go outside on heroic, surely this would be an insane DPS loss or do they blow up faster on heroic than they do on normal?
    when a protector comes out i make sure to use all my soulshards on the boss(haunt spam with dots up) and drain soul the add before it goes outside, it still takes the same time to blow up but honestly i have 3 shards by the time it gets halfway to blowing so i just stop and get on the boss instead of waiting. another tip you could do is when ur on the edge of the platform(where you just have to jump to reset ur stacks), put ur portal there, go outside with the add when its channeling its explosion, and drain soul right until its gonna explode and teleport back, and youll get the full 4 shards even though technically u didnt drain soul for the explosion.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Deleted
    That last bit sounds a bit risky Kaamila, does that often go wrong?

And about draining the add when it moves outside and becomes untargetable, I assume this is to help kill the add quickly, as much as it is to get soulshards?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetz View Post
    That last bit sounds a bit risky Kaamila, does that often go wrong?

And about draining the add when it moves outside and becomes untargetable, I assume this is to help kill the add quickly, as much as it is to get soulshards?
    not really. you can stop drain souling at like 1 second and be fine. ive had success with that. and no im drain souling to get the shards back since dots/bleeds etc. from everyone else kills the protector and causes it to explode. you only take the add outside of the platform when its about to die so the added drain soul isnt necessary if you have ur shards already
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Heroic Elegon - anyone got any maths on at what number of stacks, if any, it becomes a single target dps increase on one add to spam SoCs on Elegon, rather than targetting the add itself?

Make sure you understand what I'm asking here. I'm aware that it's an effective raid DPS increase to do so, but as far as single target on one add is concerned?

Don't include Corruption damage in the calculations, as there's always time to do one SB: SoC between waves.

i was doing four with no prob

1st cast dot + mg
    2nd SB SS+ mg
    3rd sb ss Haunt mg
    4th Darksoul sb ss haunt or double haunt if i have a shard
    I was using Darksoul on CD and i always had it back before before the 4th spark was spawned during the 1st and 2nd spark phase

Is there any reason you don't want to play destruction for that fight? You can literally Havoc one Energy Charge and Chaos Bolt the other to one-shot the charges. Every single time. All you need is backdraft to land a quick Chaos Bolt on wave #4 and you can do 2 Charges all by yourself.

Why wouldn't you want to do that and have your entire raid have a way easier time on this boss?
    Last edited by Spektroman; 2012-10-31 at 05:12 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spektroman View Post
    Is there any reason you don't want to play destruction for that fight? You can literally Havoc one Energy Charge and Chaos Bolt the other to one-shot the charges. Every single time. All you need is backdraft to land a quick Chaos Bolt on wave #4 and you can do 2 Charges all by yourself.

Why wouldn't you want to do that and have your entire raid have a way easier time on this boss?
    Maybe the timing isn't the same in 10man, but in 25man you don't have Havoc up for every wave.

Now THAT'S a Destro world problem, zum

Deleted
    "Hiho,
    I can give you a simple trick to maximize your dps.

At this moment I am elegon #3 affliction, because i'm using my Seed in the Phases at 85% nd 50%.

You will get much more stacks on the boss (more dmg overalland faster!) , because you are doing 2-3x more dmg than other classes on their adds an you support all dd's cause you are doing dmg to all adds. But you have to skill your 500% Aoe Range!!! (seed 34m range!)
    I did round 20 million dpg at my last heroic elegon kill in these Phases to the Adds. Just hold 3 dot's on elegon up and cast seed on him (first soulbourn: seed, then normal seeds).

We did this way 1st time 8-9 Stacks and 2nd time 5-6 Stacks. (heroic, so nhc should be easyer to get more stacks)
    Enrage should'nt be a Problem now.
    Hope this could help you.

Greez Maekz - Kinetigger - Blackhand."

"Just hold up your 3 dots and use seed. (will exlode from dots!!)
    Doing around 40k normal to all adds and 80k crits.

40x6 =240k + critluck ~ around 300k per seed.
    You can cast like 4-5 seeds.

Thats 1m - 1,5m Damage in one Phase to 6 adds.

After they are down referesh your dot's and do the same again to all adds.
    Works amazing!

But just needs good timing and i did'nt tell you everything. Just try it for yourself.

Lineup: 2 Tanks 2 Heal 6 dds.

5 dds on 5 orbs. 2 tanks on one orb.
    Warlock getting no specific add and just support everyone with seed and doing hell dmg on elegon with the 3 dots. "

Hope this helped.
    Last edited by mmoc3745fe507d; 2012-10-31 at 12:43 PM.