PvP is nothing but advanced fishing/cooking to Blizzard, what I wanted in MoP PvP

Blizz doesn't take PvP seriously and treats it no different than fishing and cooking. I mean look at all the new cooking content added to the game. A couple of new battleground skins amongst broken mechanics doesn't qualify as 'new' content to me.

There needs to be some major fixes to the PvP system. Here's what I think would of been nice to see in MoP:

1. Perhaps if it functioned more like LFG and it made sure each BG had no less than 2 healers and no more than 4 healers per game?

2. Some additional monitoring of afk players and bots.

3. It was clear at 85 things were out of balance in player damage and healing. This needed fixed. When they say, it's tuned for 90, I look back on the progression of this game and when has a statement like that ever worked? Never as I can recall. I wish blizzard would stop the whining about making a dual damage system. Player damage and NPC damage. Each spell should have 2 mechanics in the spellbook for achieving this. They have mentioned a dual damage system before like it was a trivial thing to do, but they didn't implement it to avoid confusion. But seriously, if it's so trivial for them to 'fix' PvP and the game has been going this long, why haven't they done it yet? I point back to the title of this post. A dual damage system would be the easiest way for them to tune PvP as needed without affecting PvE at all.

4. Reset on the MMR and a rating decay system.

5. PvP weapons and never again see the problem 'cunning of the cruel' caused last season.

6. An improved PvP daily quest system (kill 10 orcs/humans/trolls/gnomes, whatever)

PVP will NEVER be balanced unless Blizzard overhauls the system and how skills works completely, sadly this will likely not happen anytime soon.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Forget balance. Your other points are worth looking at further.
    PVP is valued very little by blizzard, it's all about PVE. The new 'Brawler's Guild' coming up in 5.1 is yet another PVE thing to do in the game when there is plenty for them already and so much that needs to be done for the pvp community.

It's not hard to come up with ideas and things that can be done for pvp, it's just unlikely that they will happen.

MMR not reset is causing a riot on the offical forums, it's a good example of the little value we (pvp community) are given.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

It blows my mind that Blizzard STILL hasn't reimplemented skirmishes.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Totally agreed with all your improvements and you have me imagining what a proper pvp expansion might have looked like with a daily quest hub for pvp like the cooking ones. Its bonkers to me that there were no added general / guild achivements for pvp in this expansion either, appart from panda related additions.

Deleted
    You just have to take PVP for what it is, garbage. Taking PVP seriously is the biggest mistake one can do in this game. You'll just end up disappointed.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best PvP in WoW has always been World PvP. They killed it for many years after they put battlegrounds out, now it is back (at least on PvP servers). The idea of a magic arena where players can just go to kill each other thousands of times has always seemed a little ridiculous to me, especially given the fact that the factions were mostly peaceful until recently.

It is a bit rich to say they only added some "skins" to battlegrounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    PVP will NEVER be balanced unless Blizzard overhauls the system and how skills works completely, sadly this will likely not happen anytime soon.
    Did you read the OP? He suggests several very good fixes. He isn't just crying about balance, he is offering constructive solutions that should have be implemented years ago.

I totally agree with #4. I can't believe they didn't reset MMR >_>
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    You just have to take PVP for what it is, garbage. Taking PVP seriously is the biggest mistake one can do in this game. You'll just end up disappointed.
    I am pretty sure there are a plenty of players playing this game only for its pvp. Pvp might not be balanced at all but arenas are still a lot of fun and in my opinion one of the biggest social aspects of wow. On the other hand I think pvp players are more loyal to the game because they don't have a content to consume or a raiding guild to find in the game.

@Anjerith, are you really questioning that in a fantasy world?