Article over at MMORPG..Carnage quest explained??gw2 quest type thing??

Source: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...rm-Brewin.html

Pretty good article over at MMORPG and one thing caught my attention. GW2 has something like this right?

There will be more quests out in the zones for players to discover, and instead of having a bunch of kill missions at each hub, Trion is introducing the new Carnage quest system. Carnage quests come up automatically when you start attacking mobs in a new location, and you'll get experience and rewards for cleaning house while out adventuring.
    Also very very detailed description of Tactician for Rogues

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like the bonus quest in SWTOR that called for players to kill a certain number of some mobs in an area.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Source: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...rm-Brewin.html

Pretty good article over at MMORPG and one thing caught my attention. GW2 has something like this right?

Also very very detailed description of Tactician for Rogues
    Yup, it's kind of old news really. They were showing how this works already in the PAX streams. Picking up and completing quests doesn't require you to run back and forth to an NPC. GW2 has something similar called hearts not exactly the same but the concept is close enough.
    Last edited by Azuri; 2012-10-05 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Sounds like the bonus quest in SWTOR that called for players to kill a certain number of some mobs in an area.
    Was it TOR I was thinking of? I know I had seen this before somewhere. You run into a area and a quest just starts. Not sure why I thought WoW for some reason. Turning traditional quest hubs into story quest is genius.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow has a flavor of this implemented so that could be where you're seeing it. It was the new popup quest system they added in Cata. This will be a nice addition to Rift. Anything to save the time wasting run back to town is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Was it TOR I was thinking of? I know I had seen this before somewhere. You run into a area and a quest just starts. Not sure why I thought WoW for some reason. Turning traditional quest hubs into story quest is genius.
    In TOR, it gave you that bonus quest with the mission. What would be similar from TOR would be the "Area" quests where, once you entered an area, a quest would pop up with "[Area 4]" or something similar.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    WOW had a few quests, about 10 or so, that started by killing a random mob but I don't think they really developed it very far. I saw them mainly in Vashr and Uldum.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Wow has a flavor of this implemented so that could be where you're seeing it. It was the new popup quest system they added in Cata. This will be a nice addition to Rift. Anything to save the time wasting run back to town is a good thing.
    If I'm not mistaken, it's just for Carnage quests. Honestly, I would think of them almost like open world IAs.

The Mechanism for Carnage Rifts has existed in the form of Instant Adventures quests in the past, and they are identical to the hearts in GW2.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    The Mechanism for Carnage Rifts has existed in the form of Instant Adventures quests in the past, and they are identical to the hearts in GW2.
    I was going to say this sounds just like IAs with out having to queue for anything.