Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Best race to play?

    Hello, looking for some input on which horde race will provide the most beneficial racials to play as a warlock, thanks.

  2. #2
    Most people say orc, but i think they are ugly. >.<
    Cyner#1996

  3. #3
    Definitely Orc but Goblins are good as well.
    For relaxing times, make it Suntory time.

  4. #4
    Strict PvE min/max, Orc is best overall, Worgen is best for Alliance.
    The Arcane only corrupts the weak..

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    Strict PvE min/max, Orc is best overall, Worgen is best for Alliance.
    Orc overall... but for afflic sac sparkuggz says troll is simming best, i'm not a fan of the 3 min cd though so i'll stay orc.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    Strict PvE min/max, Orc is best overall, Worgen is best for Alliance.
    Worgen for alliance? Used to be Human for PVP and Gnome for PVE.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by roflmfao View Post
    Worgen for alliance? Used to be Human for PVP and Gnome for PVE.
    Gnomes have offensive stats? Crit is good for destro. I'd admit gnomes might've been good for something like mage with the increased mana pool, I suppose it's less lifetaps.

  8. #8
    Has anyone done any serious theorycrafting for Undead and their new racial? I mean with current gear level etc.

  9. #9
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spook central
    Posts
    4,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyner View Post
    Most people say orc, but i think they are ugly. >.<
    de gustibus non disputandem est.
    I think female orcs have the best physical proportions of any race in the game, and shaved heads and pointy teeth are a personal fetish.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 04:39 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Gnomes have offensive stats? Crit is good for destro. I'd admit gnomes might've been good for something like mage with the increased mana pool, I suppose it's less lifetaps.
    well nowadays, Gnomes have a hit bonus if they wield a sword or dagger and the manapool bonus synergizes with the destruction ability Chaotic Energy which at its core is base a regeneration of a % of your maximum mana pool that is then multiplied by you spell haste, so destro Gnomes always have faster regen.

    that being said 1% crit is worth more secondary stat rating points than 1% expertise and you can't be guaranteed a dagger or sword is BiS or will even drop, and Darkflight is a really great tool so Worgen are the best Dps race for the alliance.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-10-05 at 08:42 PM.

  10. #10
    Orc all day! Love how the gear looks on them too. Rockin my WoTLK Wrathful set and it looks better on Orc compared to the other races because of the scaling on the shoulders.

  11. #11
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    481
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    de gustibus non disputandem est.
    I think female orcs have the best physical proportions of any race in the game, and shaved heads and pointy teeth are a personal fetish.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 04:39 PM ----------



    well nowadays, Gnomes have a hit bonus if they wield a sword or dagger and the manapool bonus synergizes with the destruction ability Chaotic Energy which at its core is base a regeneration of a % of your maximum mana pool that is then multiplied by you spell haste, so destro Gnomes always have faster regen.

    that being said 1% crit is worth more secondary stat rating points than 1% expertise and you can't be guaranteed a dagger or sword is BiS or will even drop, and Darkflight is a really great tool so Worgen are the best Dps race for the alliance.
    Add to that the fact that if you're min/maxing it's highly unlikely that you will be destro anyways.

  12. #12
    if youre not undead, youre wrong.
    intel 4770k @ 4.8ghz 1.25v / evga 780ti x1, evga 780ti classified(inc soon) evga titan 2x sli @ 1202mhz/3251 / asus maximus vi hero / evga supernova 1000w g2 / 2x samsung 840 pro 512gb ssd/ hit me up on overclock.net and see my full rig - http://www.overclock.net/u/318704/szeged i have a gpu addiction

  13. #13
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spook central
    Posts
    4,154
    Quote Originally Posted by zaheer12a View Post
    Add to that the fact that if you're min/maxing it's highly unlikely that you will be destro anyways.
    but a lot of people don't min/max and destro has a much more user friendly execution.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    but a lot of people don't min/max and destro has a much more user friendly execution.
    Yes but if you're not using the spec with the highest potential, then why even worry about wich race is better.
    The Arcane only corrupts the weak..

  15. #15
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spook central
    Posts
    4,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    Yes but if you're not using the spec with the highest potential, then why even worry about wich race is better.
    which race is decent/easy to play/easy to level(mobility/reputation/professions)/most aesthetically pleasing. . . etc.
    a decent player can consider race and not be a 'min/maxer' which is really a pejorative in my vocabulary anyway.

  16. #16
    With all the reps we are grinding at the moment I feel pretty damn good about my Human lock...
    Your Soul Shall Suffer! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  17. #17
    The Lightbringer Seezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Capua
    Posts
    3,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Orc overall... but for afflic sac sparkuggz says troll is simming best, i'm not a fan of the 3 min cd though so i'll stay orc.
    Where did he say this?
    "1 in 4 Americans are skeptical on climate change...who gives a shit? That doesn't matter. You don't need other people's opinions on a fact. You may as well have a poll asking: Which number is bigger? 5 or 15? Do Owls exist? Are there hats?"

  18. #18
    passives aside I find female worgen looking very good while rocking warlock gear and its my top choice as an alliance

  19. #19
    I don't know if it's intended but we get 1% expertise from wands now so it makes Orc superior until we get staves again.

  20. #20
    The best race to be is Tauren. Unfortunately warlocks cannot be Tauren so Orc for Horde PvE and Worgen for Alliance PvE (unsure on PvP races).

    Doomhammer EU

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •