How do I cross from 2h frost to DW frost?

Hey guys, new Dk player here. I've mained a warrior my entire WoW career (since vanilla) so the whole stat thing took a while to get used to.

I understand my rotation, as it's very easy as a 2h frost DK, outbreak, spam obliterate, more obliterate.....obliterate. And the occasional procs/frost strike to avoid runic capping.

I also know haste>everything, after hit and expertise.

MY question is, is it possible to go duel wield frost, with my current gear, and be viable? I was thinking about it for fights such as stone guard. I'd like to change on the fly, and pull closeish numbers, but I know that's a pipe dream, but can anyone give me single targ number crunch for dps loss if i went dw with my current gear?

I don't think I can post links, but i'm Analcrusader on Area52 US.

Thanks guys.

You can't really switch in the middle of a fight, because there's a 30 second period after switching weapons when both ToT and MotFW are inactive. You can switch in between fights of course. You won't pull great numbers as DW frost geared for haste-- DW frost doesn't innately have superior AE (except for cingerglacier on the main hand), it has better AE because you gear for mastery and the single-target priority involves spamming howling blast and gaming RE against unholy runes.

I realized the 30 second period, as well as needing to be geared for mastery.

But as I sit, I'm at (buffed ) 32% mastery, as well as 45% haste.

What kind of single target dps loss am I looking at, just for having those stats? Assuming i have a 463 weapon in all cases.

I suggest importing your character into simcraft and running a couple tests. Remember to change it to 10k iterations to eliminate the RNG.

I know 2H is superior to DW in AOE situations and DW is better for single target. I would assume the DPS loss as a result of switching would negate the difference..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosluoc View Post
    I know 2H is superior to DW in AOE situations and DW is better for single target. I would assume the DPS loss as a result of switching would negate the difference..
    I think you have them backwards. DW is superior on aoe due stacking mastery while 2H slighty leads singletarget.

askmrrobot.com is great for checking out gemming and chants. it'll also tell you your Best in slot