Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Awe View Post
    Why? The slow patch progression was pretty much one of the biggest whining points in Cataclysm. By targeting this Blizzard is trying to respond. I will reserve my judgement on this for further ahead. As it is now, it may be that Blizzard is really boosting the development cycle. But it also can be that they simply got a lot of content ready and will just gate it for patches further ahead to prove that now they have lots of patches. Imagine Cataclysm with 4.0 Blackwing Descent, 1 month later 4.1 with Bastion of Twilight and then 4.2 with Alakir. Would be exactly same content as it was in reality in 4.0 but it would create an illusion that they are working a lot on constant updates. Whatever is the truth, Blizzard is acting smart at this moment. However I will wait and see how the updates will roll for the next year.
    because theyve been saying this since bc and this is the first time theyve actually done it
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    because theyve been saying this since bc and this is the first time theyve actually done it
    Cataclysm was also the 1st expansion in which the lost subs. They may try to counter this by responding to criticism more diligently. By whatever means. Everything I said in my previous post still applies.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know, when I seen 5.1 on the front page I was like "wait..the game has been out like a week" so glad Blizzard is marching on with more stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Awe View Post
    Cataclysm was also the 1st expansion in which the lost subs. They may try to counter this by responding to criticism more diligently. By whatever means. Everything I said in my previous post still applies.
    still you have to admit this is pretty much the fastest patch ever mists has only been out like a week you cant honestly say this didnt surprise you can you?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

If 5.1 is out by the end of the year, I'll be impressed. If 5.1 isn't out by February, I'll be the first one to say "not surprised." With the number of times I've heard Blizzard say "more content faster," I'm not holding my breath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    If 5.1 is out by the end of the year, I'll be impressed. If 5.1 isn't out by February, I'll be the first one to say "not surprised." With the number of times I've heard Blizzard say "more content faster," I'm not holding my breath.
    My guess is sometime in late November/early December. It depends on when this gets put to the PTR then we can work from past patches.

---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 08:47 PM ----------

dont forget the trials of the high king questline/1st scenario.

also probably achievements for mounts and maybe A new insane title
    Perfect time to add that since the war is going to heat up in the patch.

Does anybody actually believe that they are really producing content faster. The majority of the next 2 patches are most likely finished, and Blizz is spacing out their releases to appear as if they are churning out patches faster. I'm not complaining, but they aren't fooling anybody either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cereyeth View Post
    Does anybody actually believe that they are really producing content faster. The majority of the next 2 patches are most likely finished, and Blizz is spacing out their releases to appear as if they are churning out patches faster. I'm not complaining, but they aren't fooling anybody either.
    There is so much to do right now, if they are holding back then I am glad. So little time to do a lot of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, not really. Releasing new content is more a function of planning and then executing that plan than anything else.

Perception matters though. I summoned up the nerve yesterday to predict that 5.1 would be out in time to goose holiday sales. You can imagine the reaction to that. But here we are anyway 24 hours later.

Personally, a regular trickle of smaller things is better than waiting around for 6-9 months for something larger. The anticipation of seeing something new keeps me in the game more. And I don't think it does anything to hurt ongoing sales and to keep people subscribed for longer than a month at a time. So let's hope they continue this through the expansion and that they have a better plan for dealing with the lag after the Garrosh raid/event is out for a couple of months and the next expansion. I don't know that they need to provide anticlimactic raids or anything of the sort but if I were designing it, I'd plot out perhaps a dungeon, a few scenarios and some quests (dailies or otherwise) that would foreshadow and introduce whatever 6.X will be.

They have to build all of this a very long time in advance because at some point relatively soon, there will be a major shift to developing the next expansion.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    That's how content is made, it's nothing new.
    Heck as an example by now they probably have all of the MoP tiers mostly finished (Design, not balance wise), are creating pieces for the next expansion, and drawing up the one after that. But it doesn't mean they should release them all at once.

It's called pacing. Can you seriously look at what we have now and tell me you aren't content with what's been given to you?

but what about the ppl that dont like doing dailies?

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    I'm boycotting MOP solely on the grounds that I enjoy having my life still!
    yet your here checking wow threads???

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    but what about the ppl that dont like doing dailies?
    I doubt you will need dailies to access the Brawler's Guild whatever that is. That will probably be the big feature of 5.1.

MoP may well bring back the Vanilla days of near-constant new things to do.
    u know that never happened right

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawke View Post
    yet your here checking wow threads???
    Your contribution is just as meaningful!

lets be honest its not just the haters who are suprised by this. i dont think even the most loyal of fans were expecting the next patch to be announced pretty much a week after launch
    Anyone who leveled up an Alliance character through Jade Forest and read all the conversations did...
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

15+ Year Old Account
    That's how Vanilla, TBC and WOTLK worked. Stuff was done and they released new content once the number of players experiencing it met Blizzard's threshold. They also nerfed the current content at the same time.

A good game design isn't to release every piece of content in existence at once. People will rush even harder to complete it and will become bored. Timing the patches is key. In Cataclysm Blizzard was chasing their tail to re-balance and save subscriptions which took a lot of development time from new content. Not to mention the 60+ zones they redesigned. If it takes 3+ months to design firelands + the dailies hub just think how long it took to re-do the whole old world.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    Anyone who leveled up an Alliance character through Jade Forest and read all the conversations did...
    You didn't even need to read anything. Sky-Admiral Rodgers outright says "The full might of the Alliance fleet will arrive in two months time" in spoken dialogue in her final appearance.

Given all the indications Blizzard was giving I would of been very surprised if 5.1 wasn't released or nearly so before the year was out.

Mind you 5.1 is also probably not going to include a new raid tier, so it's not going to be the biggest patch ever. But I'm sure it'll be enjoyable in many different ways.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Deleted
    Heres to hoping for ilvl502 Dragonwrath and Warglaives.

Great Change honestly. If people complain now then they need to stop playing because blizzards doing a great job. I see their Sub base increase even further.