Thread: Warlock dmg

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Heatuss View Post
    MMMMMMMM dem mage tears.
    U know u gave me an idea, lets wait for the mage buff and we warlocks can fade into the background. its going to happen :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabetank View Post
    I still do close to 150-180k without cd's (probably because of the mass pvp power I'v gained). Not one shot material but still doable without cooldowns. Real pvpers will have the peeling as you said to stop a lock from casting a chaos bolt WHEN its a 100% sure kill. Lets hope they don't have an extra ember for a shadowburn which hits about the same as chaos bolt.

Edit: Finished my blacksmithing, now for the pvp power;

Can't wait for weapons.
    How on earth do you got 10k+ already? My war is sitting at 8740 :S

U know u gave me an idea, lets wait for the mage buff and we warlocks can fade into the background. its going to happen :P
    Ofc its going to happen. Im amazed 5.1 patch notes did not come in with a section for mage spesific buffs to begin with.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

Ugh, you warlock players are super disgusting, is shadowfury howl of terror that hard to pull off on 2 targets? and then blood fear on 3rd? because I find it rather easy to fathom a 2-3sec castduring a fear window, infact if you know what fakecast is you should be fine after a couple in the lower brackets anyway...
    Don't try to say locks are hard to play, or are underpowered in comparison to any class or specc atm, because they're always the class with the most tools and ways to survive, sorry to say but with your ember heal(which is just...) is making you an invalid target for many combo's but your chaos bolt damage is forcing you into the fray, basically ensuring you can survive for longer than the enemy team...
    afflocks that cry about balance in pvp make me sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdragon View Post
    Ugh, you warlock players are super disgusting, is shadowfury howl of terror that hard to pull off on 2 targets? and then blood fear on 3rd? because I find it rather easy to fathom a 2-3sec castduring a fear window, infact if you know what fakecast is you should be fine after a couple in the lower brackets anyway...
    Don't try to say locks are hard to play, or are underpowered in comparison to any class or specc atm, because they're always the class with the most tools and ways to survive, sorry to say but with your ember heal(which is just...) is making you an invalid target for many combo's but your chaos bolt damage is forcing you into the fray, basically ensuring you can survive for longer than the enemy team...
    Shadowfury and howl of terror and mortal coil (=deathcoil) are on same tier, and since mortal coil is by far the superior one, chances of seeing shadowhowl is 0%.
    Also, can't chaosbolt when embertapping and can't embertap when using chaosbolt because they both require burning embers and it takes to long to generate em imo.

So here it is folks, perfect example of a clueless person.

And just for the sake of saying it. Warlock has it's cc nerfed so badly that every single class has at least twice as much cc than us.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Shadowfury and howl of terror and mortal coil (=deathcoil) are on same tier, and since mortal coil is by far the superior one, chances of seeing shadowhowl is 0%.
    Also, can't chaosbolt when embertapping and can't embertap when using chaosbolt because they both require burning embers and it takes to long to generate em imo.

So here it is folks, perfect example of a clueless person.

And just for the sake of saying it. Warlock has it's cc nerfed so badly that every single class has at least twice as much cc than us.
    Wait so there are more classes that have spamfear? Let's get into this, if you have to ember tap you can't chaosbolt, but if you get to chaosbolt you automatically win, that's what I said, however I was almost certain that shadowfury+ howl was still in place(it was doable in cata and in WoTLK) at any rate with the instant fears and I'm rather surprised you can even contemplate saying a class has twice as much cc as a warlock, there are 2 classes on the same level the rest are way below, so sit down and be glad you still have that rofl(Mage/Lock/SP and maaaaaaaaaybe rogue).
    Thanks for repeating my point of no chaosbolts while embertapping however chaosbolt wins games so to put it out of the game the opposing team has to go on a target that isn't optimal(make sense now?)
    afflocks that cry about balance in pvp make me sad.

I still do close to 150-180k without cd's (probably because of the mass pvp power I'v gained). Not one shot material but still doable without cooldowns. Real pvpers will have the peeling as you said to stop a lock from casting a chaos bolt WHEN its a 100% sure kill. Lets hope they don't have an extra ember for a shadowburn which hits about the same as chaos bolt.

Edit: Finished my blacksmithing, now for the pvp power;

Can't wait for weapons.
    This is something that is starting to worry me, Blacksmith and Jewelcraft have Extra slot for PvP power while other professions are stuck with baseline stat

Deleted
    i am a wl in full pvp gear. cb damage can EASYLY be prevented. demon soul can be fucking dispelled, and w/o it a wl provides no burst at all.

hunters can basically kill me in 3 globals at max if i dont have defensive cooldowns.
    i dont think complaining about warlocks is the way to go. they are no way tier 1 atm.
    Last edited by mmoc703b55f91f; 2012-10-12 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    This is something that is starting to worry me, Blacksmith and Jewelcraft have Extra slot for PvP power while other professions are stuck with baseline stat
    I'm using no jcing gems just the blacksmithing, thanks to unbound will i can run without a pvp trinket and focus on pvp power. Have jcing cause i;v had it since it came out >.<

chaos bolt + unending resolve will make it uninterruptable. also shadowfury followed by a chaos bolt = boom also fear + chaos bolt= boom. chaos bolt it kinda crazy right now there is no denying that if u dont accept that then u just enjoy one shoting people. and i but u have a 19 twink rogue since u like one shoting head
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

Quote Originally Posted by c2dholla619 View Post
    chaos bolt + unending resolve will make it uninterruptable. also shadowfury followed by a chaos bolt = boom also fear + chaos bolt= boom. chaos bolt it kinda crazy right now there is no denying that if u dont accept that then u just enjoy one shoting people. and i but u have a 19 twink rogue since u like one shoting head
    all you have to do is cast one cc. ONE. ONE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully these abilities will be addressed in 5.1.

Which is lame because they should have been addressed in a hotfix weeks ago.

But aside from their CB damage, Locks are pretty balanced right now. I'd rather see Heart of the Wild, Warriors, Mages, Blood DKs, and BM Hunters get neutered.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2012-10-12 at 09:55 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    CB damage is balanced.

You people will really cry about anything.

Its a 3 second cast, if you cant interupt it, you deserve to die from it, plain and simple.

Deleted
    haha, love how the locks defend it. chaosbolt and bm hunter cd's are the two most imbalanced things i've EVER played against. it's just rediciolus. i don't even think any other class right now can crit for just 100k and warlocks do like 2 to 3 times as much and they even always crit with it. don't pretend like it's balanced

Quote Originally Posted by paulywally View Post
    CB damage is balanced.

You people will really cry about anything.

Its a 3 second cast, if you cant interupt it, you deserve to die from it, plain and simple.
    hi instant fears
    hi unbound will
    hi shadowfury

if you can't land a chaos bolt you deserve to delete your warlock and reroll an easier class, like BM hunters.

high numbers are not unbalanced cause they are high.
    small numbers are not balanced cause they are low.

there is much more involved than just sheer numbers, as a deadly burst can come to you quickly in small and big numbers. The destruction lock is all about big numbers that require some preperation to utilize, the destro lock got plenty of time in his 2nd row in a bg to set this all up. Bgs are hardly a place for balance, but rather stupid fun.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2012-10-13 at 05:14 PM.

Deleted
    Just park a melee on the destro warlock and he will not do be able to do anything really. Destro need to hard-cast all spells to do damage.
    Last edited by mmoc5d3135715b; 2012-10-13 at 09:25 PM.