Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I often feel like that when I get to the end of a series. It's sad knowing you'll never see those characters again.

10+ Year Old Account
    The weirdest thing happened to me for both Battlestar Galactica and Lost. I watched both of them on netflix well after the shows had aired. I ended up getting completely engrossed in both shows, often watching hours at a time. When it got down to the last episode or two, I ended up falling asleep .. into this halfway awake halfway nap thing where I only caught bits and pieces of the last episodes.

I never re-watched the ending for either shows, never really had the urge to. I did read how people were pretty upset about both though, so maybe it was my subconscious trying to protect me from a horrible ending to shows that I had really enjoyed.

Yeah, it's a sad fact of life. Shows have to come to an end. Life hasn't been the same since Buffy slayed her last vampire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitobunny View Post
    Something important to you has ended, it's almost like losing a loved one just not as extreme haha. I remember one time I beat a game that took me like 40-50 hours and when I finished it, I felt pretty empty.
    I cried like a baby when the final episode of Friends ended.
    And again after my favorite season of The Real World.

Quote Originally Posted by zixi View Post
    I know it's been 2 years since lost ended.... but I just watched it all and finished yesterday...

I feel pretty empty inside, almost depressed...
    Is this normal feeling? Why is this happening?
    definitely not normal. i recommend seeing a therapist.

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    I cried like a baby when the final episode of Friends ended.
    And again after my favorite season of The Real World.
    Man, funny you should mention that. I still cry when they leave all their keys and the counter and walk out. Hell I start getting sad just knowing it's coming when Monica and Chandler start looking for a house. i just know it's coming.

As my avatar might indicate...I am sort of a Friends fan.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

I think one of the particular things with the LOST ending is that it *is* so open-ended. There's world of stories not told. The island wasn't the end. Not for many of them.

It reminded me of The Sopranos ending, in that way. I was immediately struck with the thought - what happens to his family? Meadow? Anthony, Jr?

Guess how people felt after the Mass Effect 3 ending.

I didn't mind the actual ending myself, I was just sad the story was over.

I'm killing myself the night after the final episode of Breaking Bad airs so I know what you mean.

Invest in a social life at once

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Invest in a social life at once
    I'm done with social life.I just don't like it.

If you have something to say concerning the topic, then do it

LOST started pretty good then went to shit.... like most shows

15+ Year Old Account
    I know it's been 2 years since lost ended.... but I just watched it all and finished yesterday...

I always thought they should have done more to wrap the show up earlier. It really dragged and got kinda bad towards the end.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted

I had this feeling twice, once Gode Geass ended (for obvious reasons) and when Bleach ended. 5 years long, every tuesday at 19.00 I'd watch my new bleach episode...366 episodes long I kept watching. And I still don't fucking know how the story is going to end ><

Ah well, atleast I know that both Code Geass and Bleach are coming back in 2013-2014 with a new and glorious season. I'l scream like a litle girl when I see the download link to Code Geass seasons 3 first episode. :P

Find another show. While I wait for new How I Met Your Mother episodes, I watch other shows. Its actually a much better use of time than the internet, because you can't talk to people about forums and shit. But you can talk to them about shows.

For real that show was good for about 3 seasons at most mediocre for 2 and the final season was weak. They took this great setup to a story stretched it too thin and the final season its like they said lets just see how much bizarre shit we can leave unanswered. And the finale, dont get me started on that steaming pile, that was the worst possible ending they could have come up with. Deus ex machinas are a poor writers crutch, they use them when they are unable to fully craft a story's ending. And please save that weak ass argument about how they ended the show like it was the whole time leaving you qith qustions.

I felt the same way when Lost ended. The empty feeling eventually goes away but nothing will ever replace that show for me. I just got invested in my favorite characters and when it was over I felt like I lost them as friends. I had and have a great social life, I just really loved the show.

Great show, horribly corny, cliche ending.

I think Breaking Bad is a better show.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Great show, horribly corny, cliche ending.

I think Breaking Bad is a better show.
    Breaking bad is fantastic, so is Sons of Anarchy.