Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation MALE draenei paladin

thinking of rolling one. i like how they look. are human racials really that much more superior tho?
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

I've honestly never paid much attention to racials. Maybe they are important for PvP, but for PvE I don't think it is. As a draenei you do get an extra little hot, so it is nice at times. Play what you want though.

For PvP, humans probably are superior; for PvE, the Draenei racial makes Ret reforging a little easier, but the human's bonus spirit likely makes healing a tad easier, the expertisemakes Ret reforging easier (considering numbers show an overabundance of hit in T14 gear and a distinct lack of expertise on current heroic 5-man gear), and the reputation bonus I imagine to be amazing considering how much of a grind the new MoP factions are. I play Dwarves almost exclusively, though, so this is really speculation on my part based on knowledge of class and game.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Draenei get +1% hit regardless of weapon type; humans are restricted to swords and maces if you wish to receive +1% expertise. Unless the best weapon you can get turns out to be an axe (or polearm, but those have exclusively been agility weapons for a while now), that's a wash. But it's a possibility, so small advantage: Draenei.

Draenei have a 3-minute-cooldown HoT that restores an amount equal to 20% of your maximum HP whether you use it on yourself or someone else. Honestly, given its cooldown, it's a drop in the bucket considering how much offspec healing capability paladins currently have in both Ret and Prot, but you still might find it useful. Humans have a 2-minute-cooldown CC breaker that shares its cooldown with PvP trinkets; between the racial and Divine Shield (with /cancelaura macro) you can break out of annoying stuns at least 7 times every 10 minutes. IMHO, big advantage: Human.

Humans also receive a 3% bonus to Spirit, a nice regen boost if you spec into Holy. Draenei also get a bonus to jewelcrafting and take 1% less shadow damage. Humans grind reputation 10% faster with Diplomacy.

I think the racials are biased quite in favor of humans, who essentially retainin the Draenei's hit bonus (in expertise form -- unless your weapon isn't a sword/hammer/mace), can break out of CC to maintain aggro and reduce damage while tanking (avoidance drops to 0% when you're stunned) as Prot or simply increase dps uptime as Ret, have higher mana regen as Holy, and grind reputations faster.

You'll still be quite capable as a space goat. Go with what you like.

Male Drae make awesome looking tanks. Their animations just scream arrogance, which is very appropriate when you consider the type of character a tank should be. I wish I could still have my old Drae Prot Paladin on the Horde side.

Deleted
    Only thing I like about male draenei is their animation sitting in a chair. That smug look with their arms crossed is awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Male Draeneis should be deleted from the game :-D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Male Draeneis should be deleted from the game :-D
    And male belfs. Seriously, no one would give a shit.

How can you even consider going male draenei. Unless you want everyone to automatically think you are terrible at this game and enjoy looking at a big space goat then go ahead. Seriously ive never seen a semi decent male draenei at this game. Just like male night elfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    Only thing I like about male draenei is their animation sitting in a chair. That smug look with their arms crossed is awesome.
    Don't forget their fishing animation. Using 1 hand like a boss. Other than that I hate them.

Draenei hit racial sucks for T14 heroic gear. Could be better in T15, maybe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    And male belfs. Seriously, no one would give a shit.
    Looking in orgrimmar and seeing like half the people being male belf dks, i think alot of people would :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    thinking of rolling one. i like how they look. are human racials really that much more superior tho?
    If you don't PvP and don't mind spending slightly longer in the rep grind, just go with whichever one you think looks best.

I like how the Draenei look and I love how they're more in touch with the light than any other race in lore.

Male draenai look awkward and retarded tbh. Human or dwarf imo, dont go goat.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

10+ Year Old Account
    There is very little that looks more badass in this game than a male Draenei in Paladin T4 with a Hammer of the Naaru.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    There is very little that looks more badass in this game than a male Draenei in Paladin T4 with a Hammer of the Naaru.
    If by badass you mean goofy and lanky then yeah, you're right lol.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post

:55.

1:48.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post

:55.

1:48.
    And that was a huge let down in the end because i thought "damn they look sweet" then i saw them in game....

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    What am I reading?

OP go for aesthetics, if you like the look and feel of a race you're going to enjoy your character more.

10+ Year Old Account
    The race of your character is your choice (since racials are an incredibly minor difference in total output). You'll just have to roll one and play it to decide if you like it.

Closing.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!