Question about Storm Chaser (1yr + Storm Legion) edition

Quick question: This version is like a game time card, correct? Meaning it's not an auto-renewing yearly subscription, but one year's worth of game time, plus Storm Legion? I ask because I have a friend who might buy it for me as a gift, but I don't know if it works that way and I don't want them to have their card charged yearly. They would have to log on to Trion's site with my account, and use their CC information to buy it correct, and then I'd be good to go?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    Quick question: This version is like a game time card, correct? Meaning it's not an auto-renewing yearly subscription, but one year's worth of game time, plus Storm Legion? I ask because I have a friend who might buy it for me as a gift, but I don't know if it works that way and I don't want them to have their card charged yearly. They would have to log on to Trion's site with my account, and use their CC information to buy it correct, and then I'd be good to go?

Correct it automatically just adds a years worth of time to your account. It will not charge yearly for this deal. I don't think there is "gifting" so you would have to use their CC on your account or vice versa w/e it is your trying to do. Once you finish the transaction you can just remove the credit card details if you want. If you have a sub plan attached to your account you link the c-card that you want billed for subbing. Hope that makes sense :P

It does. I have an account just it's expired right now, so I could have them use their CC on it, and then remove it so they won't be charged (I can link my own CC for that)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    It does. I have an account just it's expired right now, so I could have them use their CC on it, and then remove it so they won't be charged (I can link my own CC for that)?
    Once you've added the one year with the one CC then remove the cards detail, then link your CC card to w/e sub plan you choose. (It won't charge your CC because you've now added one years time to your account, it would charge your CC the moment the year ends). I doubt you even have to actually link to a sub plan if you have a year active to be honest. You're account would just expire when the time is used up if you don't link a CC to a sub plan.

To be absolutely sure contact their support I wouldn't want to miss-inform you but I've dabbled with the various pay options in the past and it seems viable what I've told you.

As long as you already have a card attached to your account, you just need to remove their CC info and select yours as the Default Payment Method. I just had to do that yesterday.