1. #1

    75% hit reduction on feng - any way to avoid?

    75% hit reduction on feng during his earthquake thing. is there a way to avoid this? (it's kind of a "cock block" for dps)

    if not i guess we just have to plan accordingly, which i was starting to learn as we pulled more.




    3/6 after 5 hrs raiding last night.

  2. #2
    As affliction, I refreshed all dots and then channeled Malefic Grasp just before Epicenter hit. That covers the first 3.5-4sec of it, then I smashed my MG bind until it stopped missing. Worst cast scenario, 6 seconds of no MG but all dots still ticking. I read that there is a range aspect to the miss chance, but I couldn't seem to out range it.

    On a related note: before I realized that we were not out-ranging the 75% miss chance at our stack point, agony dropped a few times. What was weird was that when I was able to put it back up, it refreshed at 10 stacks. Did anyone else notice this?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddeaderthanu View Post
    On a related note: before I realized that we were not out-ranging the 75% miss chance at our stack point, agony dropped a few times. What was weird was that when I was able to put it back up, it refreshed at 10 stacks. Did anyone else notice this?
    Yes. Probably a bug though.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by the operator View Post
    75% hit reduction on feng during his earthquake thing. is there a way to avoid this? (it's kind of a "cock block" for dps)

    if not i guess we just have to plan accordingly, which i was starting to learn as we pulled more.




    3/6 after 5 hrs raiding last night.
    There's an ability that the tanks get access to during the fight which is like a big blue bubble when used. If you stand in it not only are you immune to all damage from most of the encounters big aoe damage, but for epicenter you don't get the hit-debuff while in the bubble.

    When it's not up just make sure your dots are not going to have to be refreshed during epicenter and spam malefic grasp on GCD (it won't interrupt the original cast if it misses, so you have 4 gcds to get a hit without any dps loss)

  5. #5
    I just spam my filler and hope it lands. Epicenter is seldom enough that I don't pay any attention to it.
    Soulburn: Unstable Affliction. A boy can dream.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    There's an ability that the tanks get access to during the fight which is like a big blue bubble when used. If you stand in it not only are you immune to all damage from most of the encounters big aoe damage, but for epicenter you don't get the hit-debuff while in the bubble.

    When it's not up just make sure your dots are not going to have to be refreshed during epicenter and spam malefic grasp on GCD (it won't interrupt the original cast if it misses, so you have 4 gcds to get a hit without any dps loss)


    OMG... i just realized on our kill the blue shard bugged and the tank couldnt get it... soooooooo thats why my dps dropped 10k on that pull. damn, well good to know.

  7. #7
    Bloodsail Admiral Palmz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    1,193
    I would make sure my DoTs were refreshed a couple seconds before the cast. If I had a soul shard up I would spend it right as he was casting and then use MG at the end of the cast before I received the debuff. Once we're in epicenter I would start refreshing the MG cast so I would have 100% uptime with MG and not miss any dps.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

  8. #8
    I used Drain Soul instead of MG. My reasoning was - it's longer and gives me shards so I can nuke harder just after the earthquake.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
    I used Drain Soul instead of MG. My reasoning was - it's longer and gives me shards so I can nuke harder just after the earthquake.
    I like this idea, I'm going to give it a try. Sure beats zero DPS. Tricky part is that I'm usually trying to be a good raider and pop some personal defensive CDs here as well.

  10. #10
    Refresh dots before it hits is the most important thing here imo and to ignore your officers and just keep standing on the gather spot so you can start channeling your drain soul just a fraction before the cast is up.

    Also ignore your instinct of trying to haunt - its most likely a wasted soul shard during the miss phase and you cant really afford that.

  11. #11
    Though this seems to be an Affliction heavy thread, I thought I should mention that Chaos Bolt misses dont cost a burning Ember...

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Sattori View Post
    Though this seems to be an Affliction heavy thread, I thought I should mention that Chaos Bolt misses dont cost a burning Ember...
    Good as knew

  13. #13
    Blademaster Nickcraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    43
    I was refreshing my dots right before epicenter was about to go off then just fel flaming during the encounter. My dps ended up being great on that fight, but wait til you do Gara'jal that is where affliction really shines!

  14. #14
    Refreshed all my dots before Epicenter and started channelling Drain Soul just as he was finishing his cast, typically both our casts ended at the same time and I came out of it with 3-4 soul shards.

  15. #15
    i use drain soul right before epi. MG is to short to cover the whole epi and DS gives u shards. so i guess thats the best way to do it.

  16. #16

  17. #17
    Mechagnome darkminaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cambodia
    Posts
    606
    tanks get blue bubble that helps :P
    i just watch the timer and refresh all before it hits and just spam basic spells like mg/shadowbolt during that time

  18. #18
    Bubble negates every other epicenter.
    Our second tank said he was able to spell reflect the Lightning Fists stun and interrupt Epicenter, but he wasn't able to do it again.

  19. #19
    If nothing else epicentre can be used to make new healthstones. It's a pretty long fight and if you use one for every unprotected special you'll go through more than three.

    I know that if you are under a nullification barrier glyphed life tap does not work, as the barrier prevents the healing absorb shield from being applied to you. Didn't have a chance to test unglyphed if anyone would like to post about that.
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2012-10-05 at 10:27 AM.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    If nothing else epicentre can be used to make new healthstones. It's a pretty long fight and if you use one for every unprotected special you'll go through more than three.

    I know that if you are under a nullification barrier glyphed life tap does not work, as the barrier prevents the healing absorb shield from being applied to you. Didn't have a chance to test unglyphed if anyone would like to post about that.
    That life-tap tip is amazing. Thank you!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •