Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Turns sha of anger into a corpse run race.
    vanilla world raid bosses put a debuff on you after you died. you couldnt res untill that debuff was gone which only lasted 5minutes. i guess they forgot all about that

Don't die.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Corpse runs were impossible already - because if you die often you can't just res - you have to wait.
    And I'm telling this after dying a lot to Sha of Anger. Yeah I ran back fast - but after a couple of deaths I couldn't res right away. And each death increased the timeout.
    So I really do not understand why they nerfed the perk.

woqah that is sad... well sad but wont kill me

Deleted
    ITT: Blizzard make a stupid change for no reason and fanboys defend them.

Really? Can anyone explain the positives of this change, and why it was necessary apart from a couple of randoms killing sha of anger and corpse running if they died? You can't seriously say it's OK to randomly nerf a guild perk because of a complete non-issue like that can you?

Never mind, let's just leave this thread to the fanboys who can talk about how much they love every thing that blizzard does.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by john67 View Post

Really? Can anyone explain the positives of this change, and why it was necessary apart from a couple of randoms killing sha of anger and corpse running if they died? You can't seriously say it's OK to randomly nerf a guild perk because of a complete non-issue like that can you?

Never mind, let's just leave this thread to the fanboys who can talk about how much they love every thing that blizzard does.
    Most people aren't saying that it was a good idea, but that it isn't something to bitch about. Oh no, we walk slower while dead. Why are people getting so angry about such a small change?

How is it even possible to die in this game anyways except for wiping on a raid boss or getting ganked on pvp servers? I really think the only reason people make posts anymore is to bitch about any little thing in game. I think most of you need to stick to Zynga games because over the last few years the entitled crowd has really hurt gaming in general.
    Last edited by Gsara; 2012-10-06 at 12:53 PM.

Deleted
    90% decrease seems drastic, wouldn't 50% be better

One of my favorite perks and, while not a game breaker, I will miss it quite a bit. It made that occasion when I died much less annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Turns sha of anger into a corpse run race.
    You make it sound like Sha of Anger is hard.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Well, I don't know, even if it's just a perk a 100% -> 10% decrease is extremely steep. I'd have gone with something like 30%, stacking with NE one for a total of 40%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    If it was because of world bosses, then there's a simple fix to it.

Don't let people release spirit until the entire group has wiped. Like every other raid boss in the game. How can they not think of that.
    I'm sure they have but when you're in a dungeon it's easy to detect a wipe. When you're fighting a world boss you're out in the world so it's a lot more difficult to detect whether you're actively fighting the boss or not. You don't want a situation where you're in a raid group in the world (let's say you are just farming before starting but are already in the group) and you die, then you can't release until the entire group has died which isn't happening because theyre all AFK waiting for raid start.
    And what if you're in a raid and have pulled a world boss but there are 2 people in the raid who aren't near (one is in SW, the other is AFK in the same zone because they haven't realised the fight started), how will the game detect you've wiped and can now release?
    And what about people not in a raid group joining in on the boss?

My point is: the detection has to be perfect or it will seriously anger people who end up not being able to release at all anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoopeh View Post
    I'm sure they have but when you're in a dungeon it's easy to detect a wipe. When you're fighting a world boss you're out in the world so it's a lot more difficult to detect whether you're actively fighting the boss or not. You don't want a situation where you're in a raid group in the world (let's say you are just farming before starting but are already in the group) and you die, then you can't release until the entire group has died which isn't happening because theyre all AFK waiting for raid start.
    And what if you're in a raid and have pulled a world boss but there are 2 people in the raid who aren't near (one is in SW, the other is AFK in the same zone because they haven't realised the fight started), how will the game detect you've wiped and can now release?
    And what about people not in a raid group joining in on the boss?

My point is: the detection has to be perfect or it will seriously anger people who end up not being able to release at all anymore.
    The answer is simple. Don't dick around near world bosses if you don't want to suffer the consequences.

Might as well just remove the perk itself. Not like anyone would even notice it's gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryve View Post
    It's just a huge waste of time for progressing raiders...
    No it really isn't. Not at all.

Deleted
    Blizz removes X class from game.

MMO-champ fanbois: Ye it's nice change, I agree with Blizzard...

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Still bitching about how your losing a perk that was only introduced during crapaclysm? Whine about something more constructive.
    This just goes to show how well received Mop is. People have to make shit up to cry about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    No it really isn't. Not at all.
    Not since they started putting GYs right outside raid entrances, at least.

Still, it is annoying from a quality of life standpoint, similar to HG:WT.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    Most graveyards are just outside the instance door so shouldnt be needed

Quote Originally Posted by john67 View Post

Who said anyone loves this change? To be honest I don't give a fuck about it because I don't die often enough where this would cost me a substantial amount of time.

---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 06:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    Most people aren't saying that it was a good idea, but that it isn't something to bitch about. Oh no, we walk slower while dead. Why are people getting so angry about such a small change?
    Look at what site you are on. These people would bitch if Blizzard gave all of them $100 with each copy of Mop because it wasn't 5 $20 bills instead of a $100 bill.

---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 06:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    Blizz removes X class from game.

MMO-champ fanbois: Ye it's nice change, I agree with Blizzard...

The change hurts NO ONE. Not one single person.

---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 06:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Not since they started putting GYs right outside raid entrances, at least.

Still, it is annoying from a quality of life standpoint, similar to HG:WT.
    It saved people half a second. That isn't quality of life. Most people probably didn't even realize they had the perk in the first place. I had forgotten it existed to be honest.