Trinket question

Currently I am running with Thousand-year pickled egg and Zen Alchemist stone

My question is should I try to get Relic of Chi Ji from the darkmoon deck. Right now the cards are going for about 8K apiece on the AH. I have the gold to get it but would it be a big enough upgrade to warant spending that amount of gold. My guild is currently raiding (have downed 1 boss so far and should have a second down this week).

If I do decide to get the darkmoon deck which trinket should I get rid of. I am looking at replacing Thousand-Year Pickled Egg because of the proc but unsure.

On a side note...can someone tell me how to link items/webpages in a post so that it will show the item name and people can just scroll over it to see what the item does.

Thanks

15+ Year Old Account
    Oddly enough, the MMO-Champion forums do not have their own WoWdb Tooltips enabled, so you can't do the mouseover ability in the forums.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Deleted
    The Thousand-Year Pickled Egg is actually pretty bad, mainly because it has no mana regen on it which is something we need this early in the expansion. I would suggest trying to get your hands on the Empty Fruit Barrel from Stormstout Brewery, which has the highest MP5 of all 463 trinkets; it also has the second highest average intellect (1129), with only 11 intellect less than the Alchemy stone. One may argue that a intellect proc trinket isn't very desirable, which I can agree with to a certain extent, but the MP5 is very strong for a blue trinket.

As far as the Darkmoon trinket goes, you should definitely purchase it if you have the money for it. I don't know how serious your guild is about raiding, but it's the best possible trinket you can get pre-raid and it can also compete, if not even beat, the trinkets you can loot in raids. It has a low ICD (45 seconds) with a 20 second duration, which is very good indeed.

In short: Use Empty Fruit Barrel and the Darkmoon trinket.
    Last edited by mmoc2bfbeaac95; 2012-10-06 at 02:24 AM.

For the mouseover tooltips question: you have to use wowdb.com links - so just search for the item in question and use the standard "insert link" option i.e. Relic of Chi ji . You can simply rename the middle part (not enclosed in square brackets) to whatever you like.

Back on topic, I feel that the base +1,157 int. and 3k spirit proc will be invaluable during the first tier if not the second as well (remember how long we used the DMF cards in cataclysm for example) and I would highly recommend any serious healers to purchase this trinket.

As for the second trinket option, I would go for Vial of Ichorous Blood for a) the base intellect and b) another rather good mana CD (4k spirit for 20 secs) on a 2 minute CD which aligns rather well, more or less, with your innervates. In this tier, it seems to be about stacking spirit and regen more so than anything, particularly in the early weeks when we're not as geared as we should be.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: Sometimes you may wish to refresh the page to see the mouseover tooltips on these forums, I've had that issue previously so it's best to double check this before assuming your links don't work.
    Last edited by craigp100; 2012-10-06 at 09:00 AM.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...t-Stat-Weights

Do not use "chance to get xxx intellect" its not consistant to have a randomly superstrong hots come out over them being slightly better at all times.

What you want is Intellect trinket with passive spirit or use / chance go gain spirit.

I recommend that you use Vial of Ichorous and DMC trinket and if you start raiding you will use DCM and spirits of the sun (heroic or not) .

You all helped alot. As long as I can catch all of the cards on the AH I will purchase them and get the deck together.

I dont plan on buying the DMC because the raiding trinkets are just as good from normal mode which is proving challenging but not too difficult. I managed to snag a Jade Courtesan Figurine from trash and am using Empty Fruit Barrel as my second. Vial is decent, Price of Progress is better and is still good after nerf. Jade and Barrel should hold me til I can get one of the raid trinkets, then replace Jade with the second raid trinket.

72,000g vs time... I think I'll take time and use my bonus coins on trinket bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    Oddly enough, the MMO-Champion forums do not have their own WoWdb Tooltips enabled, so you can't do the mouseover ability in the forums.
    Yes we do. When you have a post and you edit it you need to go back and do advanced edit and save it for the tooltips to work correctly, not quick edit. That's the only time they don't work.

For the trink:
    1. There is a very good 489ilvl from VP that once you open Shado-Pan you can get at Honored.
    2. You are raiding and will probably also be running LFR. That opens up 3 more trinkets.

You may get lucky and have them all drop right away, they also may never drop. That's the hardest part about deciding to drop a ton of gold on something if it's not actually BiS.

Now, is it BiS?

[Spirits of the Sun]
    ilvl: 483/496/509
    Avg Spi: 1166/1316/1485
    Avg Int: 1021/1152/1300
    MP5: 652.90/736.85/831.57
    15% proc chance, 105 sec ICD (confirmed)

[Qin-xi's Polarizing Seal]
    ilvl: 476/489/502
    Avg Spi: 956/1079/1218
    Avg Int: 1274/1450/1624
    MP5: 535.36/604.24/682.08
    15% proc chance, 45 sec ICD (confirmed)

[Jade Courtesan Figurine]
    ilvl: 476/489/502
    Avg Spi: ?/?/705
    Avg Int: 956/1079/1218
    MP5: ?/?/395.08
    click to use, 15 sec. active time, 60 sec. CD

[Scroll of Revered Ancestors]
    ilvl: 489
    Avg Spi: 705
    Avg Int: 1079
    MP5: 395.08
    click to use, 15 sec. active time, 60 sec. CD

[Relic of Chi Ji]
    ilvl: 476
    Avg Spi: 1345
    Avg Int: 1157
    MP5: 753.39
    15% chance to proc, 45 sec ICD (confirm)

[Thousand-Year Pickled Egg]
    ilvl: 470
    Avg Spi: N/A
    Avg Int: 904
    MP5: N/A
    Haste Proc 5082, can only be obtained during Brewfest

[Vial of Ichorous Blood]
    ilvl: 463
    Avg Spi: 707
    Avg Int: 847
    MP5: 395.83
    click to use, 2 min cooldown

[Price of Progress]
    Avg Spi: N/A
    Avg Int: 847
    MP5: 508
    Healing Spells have a chance to grant 5082 mana.

[Empty Fruit Barrel]
    Avg Spi: 847
    Avg Int: 1129
    MP5: 474.32
    proc rate 15%, 30 sec. ICD (confirmed via beta logs)

[Zen Alchemist Stone]
    ilvl: 450
    Avg Spi: 300 (after reforging mastery)
    Avg Int: 1140
    MP5: 168 + Alchemy Bonus
    +18,000 mana with Potion of Focus, +12,000 mana with Master Mana Potion, 60 sec. ICD (?)

Trinkets aren't going to be black and white this tier. Passive int is most of the time way better, but Seal leads to a lot more Int than others over a full fight. Spirits will probably be BiS. If random Int doesn't end up being as bad as it used to be, Seal will be 2nd best by far. If it's still as bad as it used to be, DMC will be better for regen, Figurine for throughput.

Being a trash drop, DMC is a very good investment and really won't need to be replaced unless you get really lucky with trash and once you have good enough gear you can lose that regen for throughput.

As for what trinket to keep: If you need regen reforge the mastery to haste and use the alch trinket. Once you don't, I'd still stay with it since random haste procs are the absolute worst proc for us. The random int + mastery will probably stay better.
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2012-10-15 at 05:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post
    I dont plan on buying the DMC because the raiding trinkets are just as good from normal mode which is proving challenging but not too difficult. I managed to snag a Jade Courtesan Figurine from trash and am using Empty Fruit Barrel as my second. Vial is decent, Price of Progress is better and is still good after nerf. Jade and Barrel should hold me til I can get one of the raid trinkets, then replace Jade with the second raid trinket.

72,000g vs time... I think I'll take time and use my bonus coins on trinket bosses.
    It's actually looking like the DMC is going to be 2nd BIS this tier, simply because of the proc length and the short ICD. In a perfect world it gonna have a 45% uptime, but realistically it's probably going to be more like 35-40%, which is still HUGE.

Deleted
    I'm using DMC and Price of Progress atm, and healing with a monk or shammy. I've yet to run oom during fights in Mogu'Shan Vaults normal, with an ilvl of 469. Becouse of our dps we're stuck on elegon enrage, but during the few 8+ min tries, where we pushed the next phases anyway, PoP gave me 56k+ mana, and DMC had a 42% uptime. You should definiately get that trinket.

Deleted
    Hey, ok before i post here Myrrar is that list you posted of the trinkets 100% correct?

If you already have LFR or better Tsulong and Will trinkets, I would save your money. All the DMC trinkets were nerfed with 5.1 I believe to make raid drops more attractive.

If you only have one or the other that I mentioned, DMC can be worth it, but I'm not going to buy one to replace my Price of Progress.

Deleted
    DMC trinkets weren't nerfed.

Thousand year pickled egg is quite useless (depending on your raiding level ofc); go for the darkmoon relic period.

Deleted
    just get DMC, upgrade it twice with 1,5k vp. jade figure and shado pan trinkets are total crap, rather go with empty fruit barrel. believe me.