Poll: Do you think this is the right score?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

IGN gives MoP an 8.7 out of 10.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/...andaria-review

Do you agree?

I personally think it deserves a 9, but what is 30% of a point.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's about right imo. + We haven't seen all of MoP yet, cata was great in the beginning but sucked later. Don't get me wrong tho! Love MoP atm
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

Deleted
    How can you rate something no one's ever really played

Deleted
    score is too high. you can't rate an expansion in a stage this early. you can't even rate this patch untill the next patch is out.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't they give Cata a 9? Well comparing the 2 MoP should get an 11/10 rofl. Anyway I would give this a 9 at least. I think they're being cautious with Blizzard after giving Cata a 9 and D3 a 9.5.

People need to stop caring about scores. They don't contribute anything but an argument. Also, how can you even rate a WoW expansion? It's not possible to give a fair review unless you've played it for weeks if not months.

It seems about right (for me at the moment)

Because of the nature of the game, my personal rating will change, but at the moment I'd give it around 9.

Who cares everyone knows IGN only give EA games 10/10

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Compared to Cata? Should give this a 30/10 well in terms of once more comparing it anyway yes It's actually a reasonable score.
    Last edited by Resentful; 2012-10-06 at 03:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If IGN gave cata's release a 9 and mop 8.7 , im sorry, but WHAT seriously? MoP release/quality makes cataclysm look pathetic so far...yeah theres a reason why I dont even bother to read reviews anymore...

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with alot of people on this it takes more than a week or two to actually be able to review an expansion just look at cata but honestly it was a rush job to begin with (they had to much to do and not enough time) id give it till 5.1 and when 5.2 is announced but from what ive seen so far it surpassed my expectations of what it would be and im extremely happy to say that only gripe is scenarios are indeed kinda disconnected from the rest of the game.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    If IGN gave cata's release a 9 and mop 8.7 , im sorry, but WHAT seriously? MoP release/quality makes cataclysm look pathetic so far...yeah theres a reason why I dont even bother to read reviews anymore...
    Its silly, I remember a week into cata, people loved the game, it was not until a month into it that it felt bad. Im getting bored of mop faster than cata, artificially prolonging content though mandatory rep grinds just isnt for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Its silly, I remember a week into cata, people loved the game, it was not until a month into it that it felt bad. Im getting bored of mop faster than cata, artificially prolonging content though mandatory rep grinds just isnt for me.
    Im sorry you feel that way, but for cataclysm all there was when you reached 85 in the first week is put a tabard on, do heroics with random people for hours or sit in orgrimmar, MoP is what world of warcraft is supposed to be, and not even the cataclysm release that many people praise gets close to it in my opinion, but whatever, to each thier own.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd given it a 9 as opposed to an 8.7 but hey. I won't complain about it. Especially since the kinds of games I like are frowned about by the reviewing masses.

"With King's Light and Lion's Roar, By kingdom's pact, our spirits soar, Against the Darkness, we stand in defiance, Even in death, Glory to the Alliance!" - Ken Silver, Human Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Edison View Post
    It's about right imo. + We haven't seen all of MoP yet, cata was great in the beginning but sucked later. Don't get me wrong tho! Love MoP atm
    No cata wasnt good nto even at the beginning. Its all eprsonal opinions, but srly MoP is league ahead of what was offered in cata at the start.

I don't take much stock in reviews and scores anymore, and cata was actually good in the start, I mean the dungeons were too hard to justify grinding points in but I thought it was fun, and firelands was a pretty good raid too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Im sorry you feel that way, but for cataclysm all there was when you reached 85 in the first week is put a tabard on, do heroics with random people for hours or sit in orgrimmar, MoP is what world of warcraft is supposed to be, and not even the cataclysm release that many people praise gets close to it in my opinion, but whatever, to each thier own.
    It is not what warcraft is supposed to be or ever was. There was never a time where it was mandatory to do dailies, the closest being sons of hodir, I would much rather grind dungeons all day than to do quests, and I was disappointed that they removed that option.

And the state of PvP atm is just sickening, hopefully they can get sorted out by 5.1.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say it's about right yeah, I mean taking into account that IGN is ALWAYS WRONG, and that as awesome as MoP is so far, we've not seen all that it has to show I would say 8.7/10 is about right, with the chance of either going up or down based on the patch cycle.

And tbh with 5.1 already being talked about and sounding pretty awesome, I think the score will only go up from here .

Would be interesting if they did ANOTHER review at the end of the xpac, or maybe did reviews for each patch, but of course niether of those will ever happen
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Cataclysm got a 9. So I agree this expansion is a bit worse. Cataclysm failed with content patches more than initial content. Although the area where both expansions suck(initial leveling and dungeons) is equal so that area of weakness is canceled out for comparison purposes.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's about right, I'd say.