Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
21
... LastLast
  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    blizzard even went so far as to call chen stormstout the boba fett of the warcraft universe in terms of how popular he is

    That's just typical blizzard propaganda, chen had practically no personality before this expansion besides being a panda who can do kung fu, you hardly ever saw anyone talk about him before this expansion.

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    That's just typical blizzard propaganda, chen had practically no personality before this expansion besides being a panda who can do kung fu, you hardly ever saw anyone talk about him before this expansion.
    thats just a bold face lie. chen is THE pinnacle of awesome in warcraft
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

  3. #203
    To all of the people defending Blizzard: I can appreciate your passion. I, too, have been passionate about the games and stories Blizzard has created since Warcraft I. The Pandaren have always fascinated me for the same reasons they likely fascinated you: they were mysterious. They had a different charm than the other races. And, Chen was fun! Now, we have an expansion about them, and I'm having a blast, learning about the lore, the conflicts of this mysterious continent, and the races that inhabit it.

    However, you are not going to convince the people who actively hate the Pandaren. I have tried since the great Alliance Race debates of pre-TBC. Some people stick to their story that they were a joke and cannot be serious. I have discovered that this is simply because these people lack imagination. They want their doom and gloom and that is all. Maybe they'll come back when the Burning Legion returns. Or when Azshara and N'Zoth rise from the depths of the Great Sea. Who knows? But, more importantly, who cares? We are not going to change their minds, and considering the vast amount of positive word-of-mouth this expansion has already received, our case has been made. Let them flame, hate, and rage to their hearts are content. The fact of the matter is that the Pandaren and Pandaria are cemented in Warcraft lore now and are here to stay. Let's enjoy it.

    To all of the people here who came to attack Blizzard: Why are you here? It seems obvious, to me, that you are hopelessly outnumbered compared to the people rushing to champion the Pandaren and this expansion. Considering the expansion is out and the Pandaren are playable, you voicing your displeasure is meaningless as there is absolutley nothing you can do to change Blizzard's mind at this point. There are plenty of other games out there to play, including the oft-mentioned Guild Wars 2. Why do you seek to shove your pointless, hateful rhetoric down people's throats? Do us all a favor and play and discuss the games you actually enjoy. I would suggest to be constructive in your negative opinions if you are adamant about sticking with WoW, but considering the nature of this discussion, I feel that there is no constructive feedback to be given. So, please, take your maliciousness elsewhere.
    Professor of History at Silvermoon University

  4. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I thought maybe you already had the info cause actually I'm doing the seach myself.

    It's not there as some major requested race beyond all the others mention and I bet demon hunters were actually requested more.

    More like the Ronald Mcdonald of warcraft not boba fett.

    But the point being while if you like them thats great but if you cannot see where all teh drama is coming from by a great many poeple who dislike pandas then you're simply trying to ignore it.

    You don't have to like or accept it but it's there. The Easter egg use of them, the april fools joke on them that could have used any race but that one was picked and then you have the timing of there release with other things more predominate in social media and the list goes on.

    It's no wonder people look at warcraft as not the game that got them hooked so long ago. It's not saying the game is terrible but it's not as good as the game that got them hooked and I really don't think pandas are helping.
    You seem to have an obsession with Ronald McDonald for some reason.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 06:20 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    That's just typical blizzard propaganda, chen had practically no personality before this expansion besides being a panda who can do kung fu, you hardly ever saw anyone talk about him before this expansion.
    Fucking told you so people...
    Signature and Avatar by Sokogeka

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    To all of the people defending Blizzard: I can appreciate your passion. I, too, have been passionate about the games and stories Blizzard has created since Warcraft I. The Pandaren have always fascinated me for the same reasons they likely fascinated you: they were mysterious. They had a different charm than the other races. And, Chen was fun! Now, we have an expansion about them, and I'm having a blast, learning about the lore, the conflicts of this mysterious continent, and the races that inhabit it.

    However, you are not going to convince the people who actively hate the Pandaren. I have tried since the great Alliance Race debates of pre-TBC. Some people stick to their story that they were a joke and cannot be serious. I have discovered that this is simply because these people lack imagination. They want their doom and gloom and that is all. Maybe they'll come back when the Burning Legion returns. Or when Azshara and N'Zoth rise from the depths of the Great Sea. Who knows? But, more importantly, who cares? We are not going to change their minds, and considering the vast amount of positive word-of-mouth this expansion has already received, our case has been made. Let them flame, hate, and rage to their hearts are content. The fact of the matter is that the Pandaren and Pandaria are cemented in Warcraft lore now and are here to stay. Let's enjoy it.

    To all of the people here who came to attack Blizzard: Why are you here? It seems obvious, to me, that you are hopelessly outnumbered compared to the people rushing to champion the Pandaren and this expansion. Considering the expansion is out and the Pandaren are playable, you voicing your displeasure is meaningless as there is absolutley nothing you can do to change Blizzard's mind at this point. There are plenty of other games out there to play, including the oft-mentioned Guild Wars 2. Why do you seek to shove your pointless, hateful rhetoric down people's throats? Do us all a favor and play and discuss the games you actually enjoy. I would suggest to be constructive in your negative opinions if you are adamant about sticking with WoW, but considering the nature of this discussion, I feel that there is no constructive feedback to be given. So, please, take your maliciousness elsewhere.
    this guy knows what hes talking about
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

  6. #206
    Quote Originally Posted by Centerra View Post
    Although, minotaurs are pretty well established fantasy creatures and tauren are just that with an american indian spin, and spacegoats were a mildly lore-breaking extension of Eredar. Pandaren has just been some easter eggs scattered about the place which is what is making people scratch their heads
    The Minotaur is a different thing to Tauren, he was a single being created to be a guardian probably more like a Titan construct than a hybrid race. Tauren are cow-people in the same way Pandaren are panda-people.

  7. #207
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    You seem to have an obsession with Ronald McDonald for some reason..
    thats what i dont get either, was ronald some kind of a joke before he became the mascot of mcdonalds? as far as i know the only thing about ronald mcdonald is mcdonalds and that childrens charity
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

  8. #208
    No he doesn't, 90% of the people defending pandaren take any criticism towards pandaren and label it as hate, then write a prophetic wall of text about it even though their premise is wrong, which makes their entire follow-up wrong.

  9. #209
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    The Minotaur is a different thing to Tauren, he was a single being created to be a guardian probably more like a Titan construct than a hybrid race. Tauren are cow-people in the same way Pandaren are panda-people.
    What? The Minotaur is a creature in Greek mythology. He was inside the labyrinth in Knossos, at the island of Crete. Theseus killed him. Unless there is something I am missing I don't recall a minotaur in WoW.
    Signature and Avatar by Sokogeka

  10. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    No he doesn't, 90% of the people defending pandaren take any criticism towards pandaren and label it as hate, then write a prophetic wall of text about it even though their premise is wrong, which makes their entire follow-up wrong.
    it might not be full hate but it is definitely ignorance. people have said many times that pandaren were never considered a joke, that they came before wow, that they have been the most asked for race.

    id even go so far as to say the pandaren embody EVERYTHING that is warcraft a noble yet slightly prideful and arrogant race, a bit of a smartass and love to party and fight.

    in my opinion pandaren are the perfect combination of everything warcraft has ever been dark at times but with a hint of comedy mixed in
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    No he doesn't, 90% of the people defending pandaren take any criticism towards pandaren and label it as hate, then write a prophetic wall of text about it even though their premise is wrong, which makes their entire follow-up wrong.
    Saying something is wrong with no context is meaningless, just like 97% of statistics!

    I have yet to see any constructive, negative criticism in this thread. As a side note, to quote a great man about your use of the word "prophetic", "I do not think that word means what you think it means."
    Last edited by AbalDarkwind; 2012-10-06 at 03:34 PM.
    Professor of History at Silvermoon University

  12. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    What? The Minotaur is a creature in Greek mythology. He was inside the labyrinth in Knossos, at the island of Crete. Theseus killed him. Unless there is something I am missing I don't recall a minotaur in WoW.
    I think you two are talking about the same thing, but Dhrizzle was comparing the Minotaur to a WoW creature.

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    That character was a side-joke, never intended to be a serious race.
    so were gnomes. so were goblins. yet theyre both in game as playable races.

    i'm getting a bit tired of people using this lame, ridiculous, excuse.

  14. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    There is plenty of war, you see that as you quest through the continent, the pandaren have experienced war in their own right, and we're the reason that the "evil spirits" appeared in the first place.
    Actually that is inaccurate. When the emperor shielded pandaria with the mists the sha's were born. They were already in pandaria long before the alliance and/or horde set foot at it's shores.

  15. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    Actually that is inaccurate. When the emperor shielded pandaria with the mists the sha's were born. They were already in pandaria long before the alliance and/or horde set foot at it's shores.
    True, but our arrival is what caused the larger ones to manifest. I don't recall who said it (I think it was Lorewalker Cho during the Jade Forest questline), but he said that such large Sha were always considered myth to be used to scare children into behaving, or something similar.

  16. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by Liara View Post
    I think you two are talking about the same thing, but Dhrizzle was comparing the Minotaur to a WoW creature.
    Either way The Minotaur wasn't guarding the labyrinth. His father put him there.
    Signature and Avatar by Sokogeka

  17. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    They are an April Fools joke, nothing more. They got traction because of fanboys, but a joke they remain.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 06:12 PM ----------



    Settle down.
    Were.

    Were an April Fools Joke.

    They really haven't been for nearly a decade - yes, the initial traction was due to positive fan reaction, but that is well in the past, and Pandaren are, and have been, a legitimate part of the lore for a while.

    At some point you just have to let it go that it started as an April Fool's joke and move on.

  18. #218
    People fear what they dont understand, and since being afraid of something is considered weak, they hate it instead to make themselves feel better about not understanding it.

    Its a very neanderthal way of living your life, basic and doesnt involve much thought.

    Each to their own, let them hate. As long as there are people that seek knowledge and understanding the human race will not devolve into Troglodytes.

  19. #219
    Legendary! Sigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    England, Earth, Sol Star System, Milkyway Galaxy
    Posts
    6,403
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    If Blizzard had wanted to make agame apart, or integrate them into Titan, I would have had no problem with the existence of pandaren and their lore.

    But their endless stream of peaceful, happy drinking Starfleet explorers atmosphere is totally out of Warcraft context.

    I come back every expansion to hate something and to WAR, not to solve problems about evil spirits and find reasons about what is worth fighting for.

    I figh for the hate I feel for my ravaged lands and my murdered heroes, I fight for the lust of revenge and the desire to shed the blood of my enemies until the rivers run red with it, I fight in the name of the Light and with the forces of the elements to resolve unquenchable blood feuds with this alliance that is the Horde.

    I fight for Jaina Proudmoore and Theramore, I fight for Vrynn and his past suffering, I fight for Lothar, for Alleria, for Dannath, for Uther.

    Pandaren, you're a wonderful and fresh race, but this conflict is beyond you, and you simply do not share the fury of our races nor will you ever understand it.

    You will never understand the joy I feel when I slash a blood elf in two or cleave an orc's head off his shoulders. That is the real war.

    Go back to your Mists and take care of your evil spirits problems, the rest of the world is at war with its own past, and will be forevermore.

    Garrosh has seen to that.
    exactly the same can be said about the Tauren......

  20. #220
    I never said pandaren were a joke, not in this thread anyway, I mainly pointed out how they are too far out there to appreciate the blood feud that exists between the alliance and the horde. How unrelated they are to our heroes and our specific hardships.

    Where were they during the First War?

    Where were they during the Second War?

    Where were they during the 2nd invasion of the Legion?

    Where were they during the re-opening of the Dark Portal?

    Where were they during Icecrown, when Azeroth's men and women held back Arthas' hand? Where would they be if we hadn't?

    Nowhere. They'd all be dead and I'm surprised Deathwing didn't obliterate their continent to hell, after all he was the Earthwarder, he should have been aware of their existence. But I digress.

    They're like children that step unto a battlefield to fight over who broke who's toy.

    This is not their war.

    This is not their universe.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •