Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    My guess is that you're rerolling every time you die then?
    i don't play :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    If there was only a way to find out what happens in novels without having to read them...
    I read an average of 2 new books every month, I just don't believe it's right to have video game lore excluded out of a video game and present only in a book, especially in a game as large as WoW where god help you, all you have to do is make new quests or write an in-game book about it, as blizzard used to do pre-bc with the lore books scattered across the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Attsey View Post
    Then why did you bother to post?
    So that he won't make such useless threads in the future, he is arguing his opinion with no facts at all and that is pointless and stupid.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    With would Illidan stand with us, he's been banished by his brother and forsaken by the people he's saved, labeled as a traitor of his race simply because he used demonic powers to defeat demons.

He's a martyr.

If anything Maiev might make a reapearance, although I never truly understood where she gets her powers from to challenge Illidan so boldly at all times. Perhaps they'll give us a Warden class with increased lore surrounding it, after all they made an appearance in Cataclysm.

Although mages would cry havok to another class having Blink.
    someone didnt go to blizzcon or follow chris on twitter i see O-O
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Sorta agree.

Pandaren feel out of place in the game. To me it's obvious that they were an easter egg / april fools joke...

Yesterday I was doing a dungeon run with a blood elf death knight, undead warlock, orc warrior, troll priest, tauren druid and panda mage... The panda mage really was the odd one out in the picture.
    oh, you can do dungeons with 6 ppl now ? leet... /sarcasm

The Stupid Island of incredibly moronic laws.
    [Spoilers] Maiev went crazy and killed a bunch of highborne and tried to kill malfurion, the kaldorei people want her dead now.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    The one thing I do not like about the Pandarens are themselves hypocrites of their own race. The Pandarens are suppose to be about hearth and home yet the now they are suddenly suppose to join the Horde and the Alliance to go out and seek adventure? I can see a very few of them doing this but it is lore breaking...Your character is supposed to reflect the average of your race, not the other way around.
    You(the playable pandaren) are not a Pandaria pandaren, you are someone that has been living on a turtle's back for the past millenia... maybe more, you have been born there, you have been raised there and so did your ancestors... you hold no allegiance to the Pandaren back on Pandaria... so naturally you chose to side with the ones you liked more, ally or horde...

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Actually it's 7 if you count him too.
    Signature and Avatar by ElyPop

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    You never had people leave halfway your dungeons or disconnect? Cool for you mr. pandabear.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    The one thing I do not like about the Pandarens are themselves hypocrites of their own race. The Pandarens are suppose to be about hearth and home yet the now they are suddenly suppose to join the Horde and the Alliance to go out and seek adventure? I can see a very few of them doing this but it is lore breaking...Your character is supposed to reflect the average of your race, not the other way around.
    You didn't read enough of lore did you? Playable Pandaren are a special kind of Pandarens, they live on a turtle because they want to explore the world and are not just being like the Pandarens on Pandaria.

By adding them as a playable race they lost pretty much all of their mysteriousness that made them special in the first place. I'd rather have seen them as an NPC faction instead too.

It feels like the lore got raped a little bit... again.

You do realize this whole expansion was pulled out of Blizzards ass right? There is no lore supporting any of this except the one Pandaren in WC3.... You do realize this?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferbster View Post
    You do realize this whole expansion was pulled out of Blizzards ass right? There is no lore supporting any of this except the one Pandaren in WC3.... You do realize this?
    Ever heard of new lore? Must be a no concept to most.
    End SJW
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    I fucking hate this LGBT and gender equality shit invading video games.

Sadly many don't. Even more sad, many think the lore for Pandaria was already written in WC3.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Sorta agree.

Pandaren feel out of place in the game. To me it's obvious that they were an easter egg / april fools joke...

Yesterday I was doing a dungeon run with a blood elf death knight, undead warlock, orc warrior, troll priest, tauren druid and panda mage... The panda mage really was the odd one out in the picture.
    People said that about the giant blue aliens.....but they got over it....

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
    Sadly many don't. Even more sad, many think the lore for Pandaria was already written in WC3.
    Tell me about it, you do not know how many fights I had with people claiming that Pandaren is and still are a major roll in Frozen Throne..

Actually, there is. Bring facts to an argument or get out

Yes it was, and so was the whole Warcraft Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkbark View Post
    Actually, there is. Bring facts to an argument or get out
    If you're trying to say the ONE Pandaren in Frozen Throne is an arguable fact then you need to brush up on your lore.

---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 10:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyKenny View Post
    Yes it was, and so was the whole Warcraft Universe.
    You sir, have made my day xD

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    I read an average of 2 new books every month, I just don't believe it's right to have video game lore excluded out of a video game and present only in a book, especially in a game as large as WoW where god help you, all you have to do is make new quests or write an in-game book about it, as blizzard used to do pre-bc with the lore books scattered across the world.
    I only meant you can always read a summary of it on the internet.

As for the argument that lore shouldn't be exclusively represented in books - I can certainly understand that.
    However, I can only think of a certain number of things to adress that problem.

1. Don't do novels at all
    2. Implement the events of the novel into the game
    3. Write novels that are irrelevant to what happens in the game

As for 1, obviously a bad idea. People want Warcraft novels. And there are certain stories best told in novels. In WoW you play your character, the story focuses on what YOU do, and even if there are certain important lore characters here and there, mainly you're interacting with all kinds of different characters throughout the whole world, and the appearance of major lore characters should be rare, so it still feels special. Novels focus heavily on certain lore characters. You get a better understanding of those characters through the novels.

2. That's probably what most people feel is appropriate, and I would have no problem with it. Except that it's hard to implement the story of certain novels, like the shattering, or tides of war, and it would take up an enormous time to do so. It would come at the expense of other content. The best we can get in that regard is scenarios like the theramore scenario.

3. Novels like the first three, or the war of the ancients trilogy. They all deal with things that happen way before WoW, so they don't need to be represented ingame. But Blizzard has shifted from doing those kinds of novels to focusing on major lore characters, Varian, Thrall, Arthas, Jaina, Malfurion, Vol'jin, for exactly the reason I mentioned above. WoW is our story. The story of our characters. That's why most city leaders did nothing for the first few years of WoW and still don't do very much. I want them to keep writing novels about those characters. They do a great job of connecting those characters in the novels to what happens in the game. And they do a good job of portraying those characters and writing compelling stories. Ideally I would like some stories that focus on past events like the war of the ancients every now and then. For example I think a novel about Shaohao would be great. Maybe once they've gone and dealt with most faction leaders we can see more of that.

As for the lore books in game, they really can't replace novels, they're like small summaries of what happened in the past that take like 1 minute to read.