Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ...
13
21
22
23
24
25
... LastLast
  1. #441
    Legendary! Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    6,686
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    See now that's a smart post.

    This next one not so much.





    Given the debate about it has been going on so long, it's far from over. I doubt you understand anything from the other sides perspective.

    Even if blizzard spends countless hours doing all they can to make pandas an addition to WOW beyond even this expansion, there are enough people that simply won't support it. Beyond the other poor development ideas that made it to the game, this one (pandas) was teh last straw.

    Like it or not that's just the way it is. Be it gnomes, taurens, wolfmen, blue goats or whatever.

    The Easter egg was placed and the joke made. Hell, I bet they tried to get Jack Black to do a voice over.

    When the creators of the race think of them as a joke did you really expect gamers to think any differently?

    There are times when you just can't support the development of something even if it is a smaller portion than the whole.
    Then don't play.

    The amount of time you're putting into debating something that we just don't care about is ridiculous.

    We.
    Like.
    The.
    Pandaren.

    We like Pandaria.

    We like the Monk class.

    We like this Expansion.

    There's nothing you can possibly say to convince us otherwise.

    You can put down these arguments because it has no use.

    You have your opinion.

    We have ours.

    Neither side is budging.

    So just drop it.

  2. #442
    Stood in the Fire Drfireburns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Dark Portal
    Posts
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Then don't play.

    The amount of time you're putting into debating something that we just don't care about is ridiculous.

    We.
    Like.
    The.
    Pandaren.

    We like Pandaria.

    We like the Monk class.

    We like this Expansion.

    There's nothing you can possibly say to convince us otherwise.

    You can put down these arguments because it has no use.

    You have your opinion.

    We have ours.

    Neither side is budging.

    So just drop it.
    ^
    This.
    /10char

  3. #443
    Warchief Urti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Learnin' Braille, Readin' basketballs.
    Posts
    2,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Then don't play.

    The amount of time you're putting into debating something that we just don't care about is ridiculous.

    We.
    Like.
    The.
    Pandaren.

    We like Pandaria.

    We like the Monk class.

    We like this Expansion.

    There's nothing you can possibly say to convince us otherwise.

    You can put down these arguments because it has no use.

    You have your opinion.

    We have ours.

    Neither side is budging.

    So just drop it.
    Simply "drop" a video game argument? on the INTERNET?!?
    That's just crazy talk!!
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

  4. #444
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Then don't play.

    The amount of time you're putting into debating something that we just don't care about is ridiculous.

    We.
    Like.
    The.
    Pandaren.

    We like Pandaria.

    We like the Monk class.

    We like this Expansion.

    There's nothing you can possibly say to convince us otherwise.

    You can put down these arguments because it has no use.

    You have your opinion.

    We have ours.

    Neither side is budging.

    So just drop it.
    Quote for Truth.

  5. #445
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Then don't play.

    The amount of time you're putting into debating something that we just don't care about is ridiculous.

    We.
    Like.
    The.
    Pandaren.

    We like Pandaria.

    We like the Monk class.

    We like this Expansion.

    There's nothing you can possibly say to convince us otherwise.

    You can put down these arguments because it has no use.

    You have your opinion.

    We have ours.

    Neither side is budging.

    So just drop it.
    Thats awesome you like it but the same fervor that you use to debate it's positives, many debates it's negatives.

    Maybe in a thread that seems designed to say, "pandaren are a nice touch, but not made for warcraft" is not a place for you to spend time if you expect it to be a one sided discussion.

    and as far as what predates what for a post or 2 ago.

    The frozen throne came out around July 1, 2003

    Blizzard massive April fools joke about them was April 1, 2005.

    2 years after the optional Frozen throne campaign inside the frozen throne expansion, the optional access to an additional character was considered a joke to even blizzard.

    You can still like MoP all you like, believe every word blizzard says about pandas and there development timeframe and enjoy the game but you have got to be fooling yourself if you can't see where the dislikes are coming from.

    I'm not trying to convince you or anyone of anything but I'm not the only one who can't drop the argument.
    Last edited by quras; 2012-10-08 at 07:28 PM.

  6. #446
    Legendary! Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    6,686
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    <snip>
    ...Wah..

    Did you even read what I said?!

  7. #447
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    ...Wah..

    Did you even read what I said?!
    Sure but what made you think I would do what you said?

    If you or anyone else can't seem to drop it why would anyone else?

  8. #448
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Given the debate about it has been going on so long, it's far from over. I doubt you understand anything from the other sides perspective.
    But I do understand. You are trying to say that something that has been a part of the franchise for a decade "doesn't fit" because you say so. "I don't like this so it doesn't belong." How do you not understand how stuck up and stupid that sounds?
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

    Sovereign - Mass Effect
    -I have an anime list now too-

  9. #449
    Legendary! Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    6,686
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Sure but what made you think I would do what you said?

    If you or anyone else can't seem to drop it why would anyone else?
    The only reason the debate keeps being brought up and not dropped is because the few who still see the Pandaren as Childish feel compelled to make a thread about it or post and insult about it in their post.

    Dude, come on. Use common sense.

    This entire thread is based off one guy stating his dislike for the race and how they don't fit into the lore.

    From there people who think they're Childish jump on the band wagon and use it as a grounds to reopen this debate.

    Do you honestly think we want to debate this anymore? Like, seriously?

    What does it accomplish?

    This is a forum where debates and discussions and arguments are of course welcome but when it's the same stuff over and over again, constantly repeating, what enjoyment is there in it?

    I'm leaving this at that.

    The fans of the game have their side.

    You guys have yours.

    Making post after post trying to prove your point does nothing but add oil to a debate that should've ended months ago, and in and of itself makes no sense what-so-ever.

    It does nothing now but create issues.

    If you want to prove the Pandaren aren't childish, prove you can act like an adult first man.

  10. #450
    Legendary! Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    6,182
    Do you know why we have threads like this one? Because people talk about races like the Draenei as "blue goat people".
    Do you know why the Draenei look the way they look?

    They are basically Eredar, and the Eredar look was determined in WC3 with characters like Archimonde and Kil'Jaeden?
    Why do the Eredar have goat legs? Why do they have a tail? Why do they have horns? What image comes to mind when thinking of goat legs, horns and a tail?

    Right, Satan.

    And why? Because they're demons. The Eredar, just like other demonic races in WoW, like the Satyr, and the Nathrezim, have characteristics directly taken from Satan. Because they're demons.
    Archimonde had a grey skin color. Kil'Jaeden had a red skin color.
    The Draenei have blue skin to distinguish themselves from the Eredar. Blue also fits the Alliance.

    But people don't even see through such basic design decisions. How can you even discuss such topics?
    Last edited by Nindoriel; 2012-10-08 at 07:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince McMahon
    Puke is good. Puke is nice. It fits the WWF Attitude.

  11. #451
    Well then I guess we can never have ogres as a playable race since Blizzard made a joke about that too.

    Nevermind the fact that the pandaren joke we were talking about was the one from before Warcraft 3...
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

    Sovereign - Mass Effect
    -I have an anime list now too-

  12. #452
    Legendary! Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    6,686
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Well then I guess we can never have ogres as a playable race since Blizzard made a joke about that too.

    Nevermind the fact that the pandaren joke we were talking about was the one from before Warcraft 3...
    Can we just drop it please and let this thread die now.

  13. #453
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,119
    Actually now that I've run a ton of heroics and been exposed to more pandarens, they make pretty cool warriors.

  14. #454
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Well then I guess we can never have ogres as a playable race since Blizzard made a joke about that too.

    Nevermind the fact that the pandaren joke we were talking about was the one from before Warcraft 3...
    Ugh no

    The panda joke was April 1, 2005

    The expansion for the frozen throne was July 1, 2003

    2 years after the frozen throne blizzard still thought of pandas as a joke.


    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    But I do understand. You are trying to say that something that has been a part of the franchise for a decade "doesn't fit" because you say so. "I don't like this so it doesn't belong." How do you not understand how stuck up and stupid that sounds?

    Not quite entirely true.

    I'm saying, when a developer creates something as an option campaign in an expansion and the character itself is also optional to obtain and not needed for completion, it's a good bet to think most have no clue about it or only do cause someone told them.

    Sure you can argue it's in the lore cause it had one massively obscure reference but it only had any popularity cause years later it produced the silliest and most monumentally comical April Fools joke to date. From that point on it would never be seen as lore to write home about but a simply throwback to pay homage to some guys drawing talent.

    It's not hard to see why people believe this race to be far below the rest of the lore. Not worthy of being supported by those with the same view. Might as well be rat men from goldshire and their expansion for taking back their candles. As many quests as we do with them they have more lore.

    If you like it, good for you but like Destil said, you're not going to convince those that dislike it to suddenly like it.

    I'm starting to think these posts keep cropping up cause some gamers are still just dumbfounded this was the direction blizzard went with game design.

    EDIT: Well not quite 2 years...
    Last edited by quras; 2012-10-08 at 07:57 PM.

  15. #455
    Legendary! Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    6,182
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Ugh no

    The panda joke was April 1, 2005

    The expansion for the frozen throne was July 1, 2003

    2 years after the frozen throne blizzard still thought of pandas as a joke.





    Not quite entirely true.

    I'm saying, when a developer creates something as an option campaign in an expansion and the character itself is also optional to obtain and not needed for completion, it's a good bet to think most have no clue about it or only do cause someone told them.

    Sure you can argue it's in the lore cause it had one massively obscure reference but it only had any popularity cause years later it produced the silliest and most monumentally comical April Fools joke to date. From that point one it would never be scene as lore to write home about but a simply throwback to pay homage to some guys drawing talent.

    It's not hard to see why people believe this race to be far below the rest of the lore. Not worthy of being supported by those with the same view. Might as well be rat men from goldshire. As many quests as we do with them they have more lore.

    If you like it, good for you but like Destil said, you're not going to convince those that dislike it to suddenly like it.
    And you're not gonna convince those who like it to suddenly not like it.

    It's true that the Pandaren didn't play a big role in TFT. But the developers created lore beyond that one appearance and for people interested in lore the Pandaren were always on the table.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince McMahon
    Puke is good. Puke is nice. It fits the WWF Attitude.

  16. #456
    Ugh, yes. Pandaren were first revealed as the last playable race I Warcraft 3. This was a joke, it really turned out to be undead.

    And it really is hilarious how you're trying to make an entire campaign in one of the most popular strategy games of all time sound like an obscurity. Oh, doubly hilarious for you ignoring that they show up on other maps too, including a large number of multi player maps.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

    Sovereign - Mass Effect
    -I have an anime list now too-

  17. #457
    The Patient Lamoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boston, ma
    Posts
    200
    Actually, Pandaren ARE made for Warcraft. Go play WC3. No one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to play WoW. If you don't like where it's going, stop playing. End of discussion.

  18. #458
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Ugh, yes. Pandaren were first revealed as the last playable race I Warcraft 3. This was a joke, it really turned out to be undead.

    And it really is hilarious how you're trying to make an entire campaign in one of the most popular strategy games of all time sound like an obscurity. Oh, doubly hilarious for you ignoring that they show up on other maps too, including a large number of multi player maps.
    The game was massive, the panda option came from an optional campaign in TFT and the panda itself was optimal in the optional campaign. The other times you saw them was in passing as NPC. Nothing special there if you ask me.

    What hilarious is people making them out to be bigger than they were.


    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    And you're not gonna convince those who like it to suddenly not like it.

    It's true that the Pandaren didn't play a big role in TFT. But the developers created lore beyond that one appearance and for people interested in lore the Pandaren were always on the table.
    I can agree with that.

    Writers can do anything but if the next expansion is the "RETAKING OF THE CANDLES" and we play rat people. It's not likely to be perceived really well. The writers for blizzard did a pretty good job bringing them from relative obscurity and into the light but for such a minor roll in warcraft and no real role in WOW the MMO. Shocking they went with them.
    Last edited by quras; 2012-10-08 at 08:09 PM.

  19. #459
    I'd like all the Horde fanatics to rage at next Blizzcon and tell Samwise how his created race is a joke and don't belong in WoW. See what his opinion is on the matter.

    Yeah, they were an April Fool's joke. Fans loved 'em. Blizzard put them in. Fans loved them more. Blizzard developed more lore about them for the RPG books. Blizzard discussed them internally. Blizzard used them for some more jokes because they are light hearted. Fans still loved them and they were at a time the MOST REQUESTED playable race in WoW. Blizz considered them for Burning Crusade, but didn't go that route. Here we are years later and they are fully realized.

    They fit with Warcraft. They fit with the gnomes, the goblins wearing diamond sunglasses, etc, etc. It's time to accept it and deal with it because they aren't just going away at this point.
    "There is good and evil in this world; we must find the black and white in the gray."

  20. #460
    So what if the game was massive? You could select the campaign from the same screen as the others.

    Did you even play WC3, quras?
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

    Sovereign - Mass Effect
    -I have an anime list now too-

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •