Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    That character was a side-joke, never intended to be a serious race.
    The April Fools thing was a joke. Chen Stormstout however was part of the founding of Durotar. He and Pandaren have had a big following since then and have been refenced in WoW since Vanilla.

    http://www.wowpedia.org/To_Tame_a_Land
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Old_Hatreds
    http://www.wowpedia.org/A_Blaze_of_Glory
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Chen%27s_Empty_Keg

  2. #22
    Good lord, have you even tried to read up on the Pandaren lore? How they were for centuries slaves of the mogu? Slaughtered by them and the Saurok? Used as fodder for the mantid? How they had to physically fight their way for power? No weapons or magic, just their own fists to defeat their overlords? And how for more centuries they get destroyed by the mantid every 100 years?

    We can never understand their torment, their terrors, for they far surpass our own. They have to fight to simply exist peaceful against multiple fronts. And then they have to keep their emotions in check constantly. Be in control for all of their time lest the Sha gain more power. Pandaren are all about conflict despite their peaceful nature.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post

    I come back every expansion to hate something and to WAR, not to solve problems about evil spirits and find reasons about what is worth fighting for.

    I figh for the hate I feel for my ravaged lands and my murdered heroes, I fight for the lust of revenge and the desire to shed the blood of my enemies until the rivers run red with it, I fight in the name of the Light and with the forces of the elements to resolve unquenchable blood feuds with this alliance that is the Horde.


    You will never understand the joy I feel when I slash a blood elf in two or cleave an orc's head off his shoulders. That is the real war.

    Go back to your Mists and take care of your evil spirits problems, the rest of the world is at war with its own past, and will be forevermore.
    I've just been hit by a truckload of vicarious embarrassment.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    The one thing I do not like about the Pandarens are themselves hypocrites of their own race. The Pandarens are suppose to be about hearth and home yet the now they are suddenly suppose to join the Horde and the Alliance to go out and seek adventure? I can see a very few of them doing this but it is lore breaking...Your character is supposed to reflect the average of your race, not the other way around.


    Pandren PCs come from said turtle fyi (it grew until it became the Wandering Isle).

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    maybe hes a roleplayer..?
    No, a roleplayer would hopefully know his lore better.

    Pandaren do a very good job of spicing things up and Blizzard did exactly what they said they would at Blizzcon 2011: The pandaren are caught in between the Alliance and the Horde and we see the conflict and the emotion that causes for their people.
    Last edited by The Mister Madgod; 2012-10-06 at 05:11 AM.

  6. #26
    Brewmaster Jigowatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,406
    The pandaren are supposed to feel out of place and different.... They have been separated from Azeroth for 10,000 years. What do you expect?

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    The one thing I do not like about the Pandarens are themselves hypocrites of their own race. The Pandarens are suppose to be about hearth and home yet the now they are suddenly suppose to join the Horde and the Alliance to go out and seek adventure? I can see a very few of them doing this but it is lore breaking...Your character is supposed to reflect the average of your race, not the other way around.
    Not lore breaking. Just you not reading up on the lore.

    The Pandaren in Pandaria and on The Wandering Isle are completely different. They are of the same race but of different ideals. The Pandaren on the Isle are the ones who were brave and wanted adventure with Liu Lang. Its like the Goblins or Worgen. They aren't the same as their entire race.

  8. #28
    Mechagnome Snuffleupagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In front of my keyboard.
    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by kage View Post
    The April Fools thing was a joke. Chen Stormstout however was part of the founding of Durotar. He and Pandaren have had a big following since then and have been refenced in WoW since Vanilla.

    http://www.wowpedia.org/To_Tame_a_Land
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Old_Hatreds
    http://www.wowpedia.org/A_Blaze_of_Glory
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Chen%27s_Empty_Keg
    They are an April Fools joke, nothing more. They got traction because of fanboys, but a joke they remain.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 06:12 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Azivalla View Post
    Good lord, have you even tried to read up on the Pandaren lore? How they were for centuries slaves of the mogu? Slaughtered by them and the Saurok? Used as fodder for the mantid? How they had to physically fight their way for power? No weapons or magic, just their own fists to defeat their overlords? And how for more centuries they get destroyed by the mantid every 100 years?

    We can never understand their torment, their terrors, for they far surpass our own. They have to fight to simply exist peaceful against multiple fronts. And then they have to keep their emotions in check constantly. Be in control for all of their time lest the Sha gain more power. Pandaren are all about conflict despite their peaceful nature.
    Settle down.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

  9. #29
    Legendary! Evil Inside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    6,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    They are an April Fools joke, nothing more. They got traction because of fanboys, but a joke they remain.
    Regardless, it's here to stay so just accept it.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||HD6970/HD6950 crossfire|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||3x 1tb Western Digital HDD||

    Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

  10. #30
    It's obvious that OP plays WoW with his own sight of the lore and his own image of how wow runs. But there is the point: If you don't realize that you have that own image because that's how games and books and whatsoever "run" you will never be able to accept expansions / specifications. Blizzard has implanted the pandas pretty well and explained everything understandable ingame lorewise. It's up to everyone to accept or not accept it.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    They are an April Fools joke, nothing more. They got traction because of fanboys, but a joke they remain.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 06:12 PM ----------



    Settle down.
    But how are they an April fools joke if they preceded said April fools joke by years?

  12. #32
    Herald of the Titans Auxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    2,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystile View Post
    The odd thing here is that your dungeon had six people in it.
    If MMO-Champion had a thumbs up system, I'd cut off my 2 hands for you.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

  13. #33
    Herald of the Titans Suikoden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    2,708
    Wtf is the point in World of Warcraft if there's peace everywhere? The expansion itself has purpose as do the Pandaren. It's a land that hasn't seen the outside world in ages and once it does open up the outside world brings its conflicts with it.

  14. #34
    Pandaren Monk Twilightdawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In your dreams, and in your nightmares
    Posts
    1,867
    If its war you want, 5.1 --> are for you, plus, i feel like the peace associated with Pandarens is purposely put there, so that when its shattered by the conflict of war that its all the more vivid, besides, if the pandaren weren't planning on fighting, why would they pick sides? ( horde/alliance)

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    They are an April Fools joke, nothing more. They got traction because of fanboys, but a joke they remain.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 06:12 PM ----------



    Settle down.
    Things do not exist intrinsically as a "joke" or not, no matter how much you want to sit there and tally your little fanboy list of categories. You're saying a race used as a joke once which was fleshed out and given serious development is still a joke because you say so and you're going to think whatever you want.

    Meanwhile, Warcraft was always supposed to be both a goofy joke and serious. Every single race has over the top goofy aspects, presented in an animated cartoon visual style with fart jokes, from the first game. If you think Pandaren seriously disrupt context here, you're looking for it intentionally.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Things do not exist intrinsically as a "joke" or not, no matter how much you want to sit there and tally your little fanboy list of categories. You're saying a race used as a joke once which was fleshed out and given serious development is still a joke because you say so and you're going to think whatever you want.

    Meanwhile, Warcraft was always supposed to be both a goofy joke and serious. Every single race has over the top goofy aspects, presented in an animated cartoon visual style with fart jokes, from the first game. If you think Pandaren seriously disrupt context here, you're looking for it intentionally.
    Never thought about it like that. Your version is neat!

  17. #37
    I'm guessing that means you didn't like TBC, or Wrath, or Cata, anymore than you like this expansion...because here's a news flash for you... they weren't about a war between the alliance or horde either, they were about them uniting against a bigger evil...putting their differences aside. the days of WC1-2 and the novels where it was just the alliance vs the horde are over, and while they're making a return in this expansion, there have been enough hints at a burning legion xpac, and if that was true, say hello to holding hands with eachother some more.

    but you're right, the expansion is nothing but a bunch of peaceful pandas, who had war brought to their peaceful home, forcing the sha to awaken and forcing them to choose sides in a war they had no intention on fighting.

    and well, we just *can't* have some good among all the bad, can we? how could we have pandas, and have them be so nice and peaceful and remind you that even in war there is still a lot of heart in people. whew.

    I do wish I could get as excited about splitting a blood elf in half in the game as you though.

  18. #38
    Greg- "Hey Sam we're thinking of making your avatar a World of Warcraft race"
    Samwise- "Hahahaha, good one"
    Tom- "We're serious"
    Samwise- "......"
    Greg- "....."
    Tom- "....."

  19. #39
    It's a continent and race that holds no relevance to the past 10,000 years of Warcraft lore

    As in literally every single part of the lore that the players have been involved in.

    Obviously it feels out of place.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  20. #40
    Stood in the Fire Centerra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Argent Dawn EU
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by Augrelle View Post
    I just kind of wish that the pandaren weren't playable.
    This is pretty much where I stand, I mean they're no dumber than the Kal-uak, and would have made a good in game faction, but personally I don't think they can carry an entire expansion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •