Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Because space goats and cows with hands is totally acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Just because Blizzard says it's a fan favourite doesn't make it so. If they're going to base all that on the back of a forum poll then I can only roll my eyes. Since when are those things ever reliable or representative of the community? I might've even picked Pandaren back then just to troll...
    There was allot of genuine enthusiasm on forums and elsewhere. It's the same principle that got us Worgen and that wasn't so bad was it.

you say hate hate hate but it seems you think that hate needs to be the end all factor of warcraft. no, you see, as we are even combined the races of azeroth cannot and will not defeat the burning legion or any of the actual threats out there. what we are going through here is a kind of apprentice stage I think, where we (the alliance and horde) change a bit, less hate, more strength. the expansion is set in the sense that everything bad has happened and you have saved the world of azeroth. now what? what would the big new villain to challenge the mortal races of azeroth be? there isn't many left I believe, plenty within the burning legion, maybe azshara, but idk who else personally. the two factions have not had time to war against each other due to these disasters, and now they do. in a time of peace they are creating their own war. then the pandaren come in to show them why it is they're weak, they give in to their "hate".

Quote Originally Posted by Chireru93 View Post
    you say hate hate hate but it seems you think that hate needs to be the end all factor of warcraft. no, you see, as we are even combined the races of azeroth cannot and will not defeat the burning legion or any of the actual threats out there. what we are going through here is a kind of apprentice stage I think, where we (the alliance and horde) change a bit, less hate, more strength. the expansion is set in the sense that everything bad has happened and you have saved the world of azeroth. now what? what would the big new villain to challenge the mortal races of azeroth be? there isn't many left I believe, plenty within the burning legion, maybe azshara, but idk who else personally. the two factions have not had time to war against each other due to these disasters, and now they do. in a time of peace they are creating their own war. then the pandaren come in to show them why it is they're weak, they give in to their "hate".
    My feelings exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    I don't like furries... So no I wasn't happy about Worgen either. ;/

Tauren are perhaps the only exception on that rule, and that might be because Minotaurs are more deeply engraved and common in cultural mythology.
    You know allot of people find beast-men-type races awesome, cool, and/or adorable. Not everything is about the folks in those suits. Also Were-wolves were invented about 80 years ago and bear men in general have been around a long while too.

Deleted
    The OP is not saying Pandaren are childish or something. What he is saying is that their attitude feels weird for World of Warcraft. I play this game to escape the real world, I don't want my half leveling process to 90 to be chasing vermin from farmlands, watering crops and making beer, yet most of it is exactly like this. I also feel that this expansion is just a pause to the real game and I don't really approve it, because it doesn't feel like WoW to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Baalb View Post
    The OP is not saying Pandaren are childish or something. What he is saying is that their attitude feels weird for World of Warcraft. I play this game to escape the real world, I don't want my half leveling process to 90 to be chasing vermin from farmlands, watering crops and making beer, yet most of it is exactly like this. I also feel that this expansion is just a pause to the real game and I don't really approve it, because it doesn't feel like WoW to me.
    Do you live on a Brewery/Farm? I am genuinely curious.

War and peace are two sides of the same coin. War without peace isn't war, it's just mindless bloodshed. War implies something to be fought for, something to be won. In my opinion, the Pandaren fit perfectly in the World of Warcraft, because they represent the other side of the coin. There has been nothing but war up to this point - war between the factions, war with the Burning Legion, war with the Lich King, war with Deathwing, so on. The Pandaren are introducing peace to that equation, but even they are getting caught up in the war between the factions, being forced to choose sides.

True neutrality is an ideal and a luxury that just doesn't exist in war time. If they had been able to stay isolated, they could have remained neutral, but that option disappeared with the Mists. The moment the Alliance and Horde made landfall on Pandaria, the Pandaren neutrality ended. They either chose a side and fought, or were wiped out by the coming tides.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by kage View Post
    The Pandaren are a force of balance not peace. They do fight and go to war but they do not forget that the ultimate purpose is not fighting and war in and of themselves. Mists isn't about finding peace it's about finding direction and the pandaren will help.
    This is axactly what the Pandaren are intended to be. A balance for the Alliance and Horde. Chi, serenity, and what life is really worth. I'm very much looking forward to what the pandaren have to teach us.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    The one thing I do not like about the Pandarens are themselves hypocrites of their own race. The Pandarens are suppose to be about hearth and home yet the now they are suddenly suppose to join the Horde and the Alliance to go out and seek adventure? I can see a very few of them doing this but it is lore breaking...Your character is supposed to reflect the average of your race, not the other way around.
    This isn't always true, especially if you play one of the "corrupted" (DK/Lock) or elusive (rogue) classes. Very few of the "average" humans/gnomes/dwarves would ever be Rogues, Death Knights, or Warlocks. The playable Pandaren are from the Wandering Isle. a very small percentage of Pandaren come from this traveling island. They are the adventurers and thrill seekers. There is is nothing "average" about our characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    Minotaurus - a human body with a bovine head, mindless monster created to guard a Greek labyrinth.

Tauren - a race of literally walking cows, peaceful and tranquil creatures that respect nature, with the art and architecture of Native Americans.

You may disagree, but then you'd just be wrong. All they have in common is horns.
    Actually I think they have the whole cow head in common. Also some depictions look allot like Tauren and they aren't always mindless so the confusion is understandable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kage View Post
    Do you live on a Brewery/Farm? I am genuinely curious.
    No, I live in a big and smelly city. It's just that I am fond of the constant destruction that has been happening in this game. The constant threat of invasion or the end of the world. This change of pace is just not to my liking, that's all. I hope the future brings more of the things I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    Minotaurus - a human body with a bovine head, mindless monster created to guard a Greek labyrinth.

Tauren - a race of literally walking cows, peaceful and tranquil creatures that respect nature, with the art and architecture of Native Americans.

You may disagree, but then you'd just be wrong. All they have in common is horns.

---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 09:08 AM ----------

Werewolves are a classic part of the mythology of various cultures of Europe for thousands of years.
    No dude twilight invented them, they are a modern day phenomenon.
    Human/Animal Hybrids are indeed a new concept that has never been seen before and Pandas are the MOST ridiculous of ALL the animals, mop is an abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    I figh for the hate I feel for my ravaged lands and my murdered heroes, I fight for the lust of revenge and the desire to shed the blood of my enemies until the rivers run red with it, I fight in the name of the Light and with the forces of the elements to resolve unquenchable blood feuds with this alliance that is the Horde.
    You fight to contradict yourself? Perhaps if mindless zealotry is your thing, you ought to join the Scarlet Crusade. We all know who was pulling their strings.

Go back to your Mists and take care of your evil spirits problems, the rest of the world is at war with its own past, and will be forevermore.
    Until the Legion grinds them into the dirt because the hatred is so strong they refuse to come together ever again, like they did even in the Third War.
    A disastrous end to the story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    War and peace are two sides of the same coin. War without peace isn't war, it's just mindless bloodshed. War implies something to be fought for, something to be won. In my opinion, the Pandaren fit perfectly in the World of Warcraft, because they represent the other side of the coin. There has been nothing but war up to this point - war between the factions, war with the Burning Legion, war with the Lich King, war with Deathwing, so on. The Pandaren are introducing peace to that equation, but even they are getting caught up in the war between the factions, being forced to choose sides.
    totally agree with this. That's the main reason of why I like this expansionso much.
    I was kinda tired of continuos dark, gritty places and the sensation of this ongoing and continuos "have to save the world" thing.

Not that I want to be "continuosly" peaceful, but there must need a moment of peace and calm at some point.
    Pandaren fit nicely in a world full of animalistic races (Tauren, Furbolg, Draenei, Naga, and so on.)

And I never understood the "was a joke" reasoning, it kinda bugs me
    It's like I make a joke wanting to be a medic and then in the future decide to actually follow the profession and having people coming at me "OH COME ON MAN, YOU JOKED ON IT 5 YEARS AGO, YOU CAN'T BE MEDIC NOW"
    Last edited by mmoc89084f456c; 2012-10-06 at 09:27 AM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Baalb View Post
    No, I live in a big and smelly city. It's just that I am fond of the constant destruction that has been happening in this game. The constant threat of invasion or the end of the world. This change of pace is just not to my liking, that's all. I hope the future brings more of the things I enjoy.
    Okay. I think the farms a nice break from the fact everthing is trying to kill you in Pandaria (including in several cases certian sections of floor). On the farm the only thing trying to kill you is hawks, deranged-rabbit-man-things, and on occasion your own crops. What were we talking about again?

pandaren are the best race. /end thread
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    @OP Could u at least say "In my opinion", cuz mine is different than yours mate
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    If Blizzard had wanted to make agame apart, or integrate them into Titan, I would have had no problem with the existence of pandaren and their lore.

But their endless stream of peaceful, happy drinking Starfleet explorers atmosphere is totally out of Warcraft context.

I come back every expansion to hate something and to WAR, not to solve problems about evil spirits and find reasons about what is worth fighting for.

I figh for the hate I feel for my ravaged lands and my murdered heroes, I fight for the lust of revenge and the desire to shed the blood of my enemies until the rivers run red with it, I fight in the name of the Light and with the forces of the elements to resolve unquenchable blood feuds with this alliance that is the Horde.

I fight for Jaina Proudmoore and Theramore, I fight for Vrynn and his past suffering, I fight for Lothar, for Alleria, for Dannath, for Uther.

Pandaren, you're a wonderful and fresh race, but this conflict is beyond you, and you simply do not share the fury of our races nor will you ever understand it.

You will never understand the joy I feel when I slash a blood elf in two or cleave an orc's head off his shoulders. That is the real war.

Go back to your Mists and take care of your evil spirits problems, the rest of the world is at war with its own past, and will be forevermore.

Garrosh has seen to that.
    You fight because you are a psychotic racist (in game)? You aren´t looking at why the pandarans are peaceful if this is all you base your reasons on.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

if the pandaren haters were grummles i think there names would be burning crusade box O-O
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    People are still complaining about Pandas? Go play Warcraft III before you open your mouth with "they don't belong in the game, derp."