Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
14
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by kage View Post
    The Easter egg was a fan favorite so it's not that surprising.
    Just because Blizzard says it's a fan favourite doesn't make it so. If they're going to base all that on the back of a forum poll then I can only roll my eyes. Since when are those things ever reliable or representative of the community? I might've even picked Pandaren back then just to troll...

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    I love pandaren, though I find it a little weird they joined the horde. I personally think an off-shoot of Mantids or Mogu should have been for the Horde, and Pandaren or the opposite mogu/mantid/fish people for the alliance. To me Mogu would fit in perfectly with Garrosh's intentions.
    Garrosh leads the Horde, but he does not reflect it's peoples character. The Horde are honorable so are Pandaren. The Mogu on the other hand make the old Horde look like girl scouts and do not fit with the spirit of the Horde.

    Also both they and the Mantid have racial superiority complexes roughly the size of Azeroth (though the Mantid appear as though they could overcome this in the future) and ergo unlikely join anyone.

  3. #63
    I really don't what people have against the pandas, I mean tauren were also just invented out of nowere for Warcraft 3, yet nobody is going "THEY CLEARLY DON'T FIT THE LORE".

  4. #64
    Blademaster Frient's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    49
    Because space goats and cows with hands is totally acceptable.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Just because Blizzard says it's a fan favourite doesn't make it so. If they're going to base all that on the back of a forum poll then I can only roll my eyes. Since when are those things ever reliable or representative of the community? I might've even picked Pandaren back then just to troll...
    There was allot of genuine enthusiasm on forums and elsewhere. It's the same principle that got us Worgen and that wasn't so bad was it.

  6. #66
    you say hate hate hate but it seems you think that hate needs to be the end all factor of warcraft. no, you see, as we are even combined the races of azeroth cannot and will not defeat the burning legion or any of the actual threats out there. what we are going through here is a kind of apprentice stage I think, where we (the alliance and horde) change a bit, less hate, more strength. the expansion is set in the sense that everything bad has happened and you have saved the world of azeroth. now what? what would the big new villain to challenge the mortal races of azeroth be? there isn't many left I believe, plenty within the burning legion, maybe azshara, but idk who else personally. the two factions have not had time to war against each other due to these disasters, and now they do. in a time of peace they are creating their own war. then the pandaren come in to show them why it is they're weak, they give in to their "hate".

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Chireru93 View Post
    you say hate hate hate but it seems you think that hate needs to be the end all factor of warcraft. no, you see, as we are even combined the races of azeroth cannot and will not defeat the burning legion or any of the actual threats out there. what we are going through here is a kind of apprentice stage I think, where we (the alliance and horde) change a bit, less hate, more strength. the expansion is set in the sense that everything bad has happened and you have saved the world of azeroth. now what? what would the big new villain to challenge the mortal races of azeroth be? there isn't many left I believe, plenty within the burning legion, maybe azshara, but idk who else personally. the two factions have not had time to war against each other due to these disasters, and now they do. in a time of peace they are creating their own war. then the pandaren come in to show them why it is they're weak, they give in to their "hate".
    My feelings exactly!

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by kage View Post
    There was allot of genuine enthusiasm on forums and elsewhere. It's the same principle that got us Worgen and that wasn't so bad was it.
    I don't like furries... So no I wasn't happy about Worgen either. ;/

    Tauren are perhaps the only exception on that rule, and that might be because Minotaurs are more deeply engraved and common in cultural mythology.

  9. #69
    The Lightbringer Uzi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moravia
    Posts
    3,027
    I figh for the hate I feel for my ravaged lands and my murdered heroes, I fight for the lust of revenge and the desire to shed the blood of my enemies until the rivers run red with it, I fight in the name of the Light and with the forces of the elements to resolve unquenchable blood feuds with this alliance that is the Horde.
    Not sure whether making fun of the catholic church or not.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 08:59 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    I don't like furries... So no I wasn't happy about Worgen either. ;/

    Tauren are perhaps the only exception on that rule, and that might be because Minotaurs are more deeply engraved and common in cultural mythology.
    Tauren are nothing like a minotaurus.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    Tauren are nothing like a minotaurus.
    Rofl. Really now? I'm going to have to disagree with you on that.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    I don't like furries... So no I wasn't happy about Worgen either. ;/

    Tauren are perhaps the only exception on that rule, and that might be because Minotaurs are more deeply engraved and common in cultural mythology.
    You know allot of people find beast-men-type races awesome, cool, and/or adorable. Not everything is about the folks in those suits. Also Were-wolves were invented about 80 years ago and bear men in general have been around a long while too.

  12. #72
    The OP is not saying Pandaren are childish or something. What he is saying is that their attitude feels weird for World of Warcraft. I play this game to escape the real world, I don't want my half leveling process to 90 to be chasing vermin from farmlands, watering crops and making beer, yet most of it is exactly like this. I also feel that this expansion is just a pause to the real game and I don't really approve it, because it doesn't feel like WoW to me.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Baalb View Post
    The OP is not saying Pandaren are childish or something. What he is saying is that their attitude feels weird for World of Warcraft. I play this game to escape the real world, I don't want my half leveling process to 90 to be chasing vermin from farmlands, watering crops and making beer, yet most of it is exactly like this. I also feel that this expansion is just a pause to the real game and I don't really approve it, because it doesn't feel like WoW to me.
    Do you live on a Brewery/Farm? I am genuinely curious.

  14. #74
    War and peace are two sides of the same coin. War without peace isn't war, it's just mindless bloodshed. War implies something to be fought for, something to be won. In my opinion, the Pandaren fit perfectly in the World of Warcraft, because they represent the other side of the coin. There has been nothing but war up to this point - war between the factions, war with the Burning Legion, war with the Lich King, war with Deathwing, so on. The Pandaren are introducing peace to that equation, but even they are getting caught up in the war between the factions, being forced to choose sides.

    True neutrality is an ideal and a luxury that just doesn't exist in war time. If they had been able to stay isolated, they could have remained neutral, but that option disappeared with the Mists. The moment the Alliance and Horde made landfall on Pandaria, the Pandaren neutrality ended. They either chose a side and fought, or were wiped out by the coming tides.

  15. #75
    Warchief Rizendragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina
    Posts
    2,052
    Quote Originally Posted by kage View Post
    The Pandaren are a force of balance not peace. They do fight and go to war but they do not forget that the ultimate purpose is not fighting and war in and of themselves. Mists isn't about finding peace it's about finding direction and the pandaren will help.
    This is axactly what the Pandaren are intended to be. A balance for the Alliance and Horde. Chi, serenity, and what life is really worth. I'm very much looking forward to what the pandaren have to teach us.

    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    The one thing I do not like about the Pandarens are themselves hypocrites of their own race. The Pandarens are suppose to be about hearth and home yet the now they are suddenly suppose to join the Horde and the Alliance to go out and seek adventure? I can see a very few of them doing this but it is lore breaking...Your character is supposed to reflect the average of your race, not the other way around.
    This isn't always true, especially if you play one of the "corrupted" (DK/Lock) or elusive (rogue) classes. Very few of the "average" humans/gnomes/dwarves would ever be Rogues, Death Knights, or Warlocks. The playable Pandaren are from the Wandering Isle. a very small percentage of Pandaren come from this traveling island. They are the adventurers and thrill seekers. There is is nothing "average" about our characters.
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    The dishonest are want to identify dishonesty, even where it doesn't exist.

  16. #76
    The Lightbringer Uzi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moravia
    Posts
    3,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Rofl. Really now? I'm going to have to disagree with you on that.
    Minotaurus - a human body with a bovine head, mindless monster created to guard a Greek labyrinth.

    Tauren - a race of literally walking cows, peaceful and tranquil creatures that respect nature, with the art and architecture of Native Americans.

    You may disagree, but then you'd just be wrong. All they have in common is horns.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 09:08 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by kage View Post
    You know allot of people find beast-men-type races awesome, cool, and/or adorable. Not everything is about the folks in those suits. Also Were-wolves were invented about 80 years ago and bear men in general have been around a long while too.
    Werewolves are a classic part of the mythology of various cultures of Europe for thousands of years.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    Minotaurus - a human body with a bovine head, mindless monster created to guard a Greek labyrinth.

    Tauren - a race of literally walking cows, peaceful and tranquil creatures that respect nature, with the art and architecture of Native Americans.

    You may disagree, but then you'd just be wrong. All they have in common is horns.
    Actually I think they have the whole cow head in common. Also some depictions look allot like Tauren and they aren't always mindless so the confusion is understandable.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    Minotaurus - a human body with a bovine head, mindless monster created to guard a Greek labyrinth.

    Tauren - a race of literally walking cows, peaceful and tranquil creatures that respect nature, with the art and architecture of Native Americans.

    You may disagree, but then you'd just be wrong. All they have in common is horns.
    And they're very much alike.

    If you don't like that, then I'll just have to keep disagreeing with you and I'll equally call you wrong in return. :P

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by kage View Post
    Do you live on a Brewery/Farm? I am genuinely curious.
    No, I live in a big and smelly city. It's just that I am fond of the constant destruction that has been happening in this game. The constant threat of invasion or the end of the world. This change of pace is just not to my liking, that's all. I hope the future brings more of the things I enjoy.

  20. #80
    The Lightbringer Uzi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moravia
    Posts
    3,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    And they're very much alike.

    If you don't like that, then I'll just have to keep disagreeing with you and I'll equally call you wrong in return. :P
    You sure can do this, but will only make yourself more hypocritical because you haven't provided any counter-argument to the discussion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •