Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    Minotaurus - a human body with a bovine head, mindless monster created to guard a Greek labyrinth.

Tauren - a race of literally walking cows, peaceful and tranquil creatures that respect nature, with the art and architecture of Native Americans.

You may disagree, but then you'd just be wrong. All they have in common is horns.

---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 09:08 AM ----------

Werewolves are a classic part of the mythology of various cultures of Europe for thousands of years.
    No dude twilight invented them, they are a modern day phenomenon.
    Human/Animal Hybrids are indeed a new concept that has never been seen before and Pandas are the MOST ridiculous of ALL the animals, mop is an abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    I figh for the hate I feel for my ravaged lands and my murdered heroes, I fight for the lust of revenge and the desire to shed the blood of my enemies until the rivers run red with it, I fight in the name of the Light and with the forces of the elements to resolve unquenchable blood feuds with this alliance that is the Horde.
    You fight to contradict yourself? Perhaps if mindless zealotry is your thing, you ought to join the Scarlet Crusade. We all know who was pulling their strings.

Go back to your Mists and take care of your evil spirits problems, the rest of the world is at war with its own past, and will be forevermore.
    Until the Legion grinds them into the dirt because the hatred is so strong they refuse to come together ever again, like they did even in the Third War.
    A disastrous end to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    War and peace are two sides of the same coin. War without peace isn't war, it's just mindless bloodshed. War implies something to be fought for, something to be won. In my opinion, the Pandaren fit perfectly in the World of Warcraft, because they represent the other side of the coin. There has been nothing but war up to this point - war between the factions, war with the Burning Legion, war with the Lich King, war with Deathwing, so on. The Pandaren are introducing peace to that equation, but even they are getting caught up in the war between the factions, being forced to choose sides.
    totally agree with this. That's the main reason of why I like this expansionso much.
    I was kinda tired of continuos dark, gritty places and the sensation of this ongoing and continuos "have to save the world" thing.

Not that I want to be "continuosly" peaceful, but there must need a moment of peace and calm at some point.
    Pandaren fit nicely in a world full of animalistic races (Tauren, Furbolg, Draenei, Naga, and so on.)

And I never understood the "was a joke" reasoning, it kinda bugs me
    It's like I make a joke wanting to be a medic and then in the future decide to actually follow the profession and having people coming at me "OH COME ON MAN, YOU JOKED ON IT 5 YEARS AGO, YOU CAN'T BE MEDIC NOW"
    Last edited by Brazorf; 2012-10-06 at 09:27 AM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Baalb View Post
    No, I live in a big and smelly city. It's just that I am fond of the constant destruction that has been happening in this game. The constant threat of invasion or the end of the world. This change of pace is just not to my liking, that's all. I hope the future brings more of the things I enjoy.
    Okay. I think the farms a nice break from the fact everthing is trying to kill you in Pandaria (including in several cases certian sections of floor). On the farm the only thing trying to kill you is hawks, deranged-rabbit-man-things, and on occasion your own crops. What were we talking about again?

pandaren are the best race. /end thread
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

@OP Could u at least say "In my opinion", cuz mine is different than yours mate
    ●████▅▅▄▄▄▄▄▄....▄▄▄ Rolf! Rolf! Rolf!
    ▄▄▅██████▅▄▃▂
    █M█L█P█ █ █ █ █ █ █►
    ◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤
    -\My pet collection/- -\My Mount collection/-

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    If Blizzard had wanted to make agame apart, or integrate them into Titan, I would have had no problem with the existence of pandaren and their lore.

But their endless stream of peaceful, happy drinking Starfleet explorers atmosphere is totally out of Warcraft context.

I come back every expansion to hate something and to WAR, not to solve problems about evil spirits and find reasons about what is worth fighting for.

I figh for the hate I feel for my ravaged lands and my murdered heroes, I fight for the lust of revenge and the desire to shed the blood of my enemies until the rivers run red with it, I fight in the name of the Light and with the forces of the elements to resolve unquenchable blood feuds with this alliance that is the Horde.

I fight for Jaina Proudmoore and Theramore, I fight for Vrynn and his past suffering, I fight for Lothar, for Alleria, for Dannath, for Uther.

Pandaren, you're a wonderful and fresh race, but this conflict is beyond you, and you simply do not share the fury of our races nor will you ever understand it.

You will never understand the joy I feel when I slash a blood elf in two or cleave an orc's head off his shoulders. That is the real war.

Go back to your Mists and take care of your evil spirits problems, the rest of the world is at war with its own past, and will be forevermore.

Garrosh has seen to that.
    You fight because you are a psychotic racist (in game)? You aren´t looking at why the pandarans are peaceful if this is all you base your reasons on.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

if the pandaren haters were grummles i think there names would be burning crusade box O-O
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

People are still complaining about Pandas? Go play Warcraft III before you open your mouth with "they don't belong in the game, derp."

Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    pandaran were specifically made for world of warcraft. this entire expansion has been based off a pandaran character that made it's debut in Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne as a joke.
    There I fixed it for you blizz fanboy. Yup an entire expansion based around an in-joke, that's how much blizzard insult your intelligence, and it works.

You will never understand the joy I feel when I slash a blood elf in two or cleave an orc's head off his shoulders. That is the real war.
    No I won't because I'm not able to do that on WoW. Assuming I was what would stop me from doing that with a pandaren character?

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    That character was a side-joke, never intended to be a serious race.
    And yet it was popular to merit it's own expansion. Funny how silly things turn serious, no?
    Ponies. Blog. Shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Hey Elsa, do you wanna build a strawmaaaan?
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Abortion isn't exactly complicated. You either believe it's a living person at conception, or you somehow don't to justify it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    pandaran were specifically made for world of warcraft. this entire expansion has been based off a pandaran character that made it's debut in Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne.
    Yeah.. And again.. He was a gimmick. There were quite some people that liked this panda stuff.. And that's the only reason Blizzard implemented them. They don't fit into Warcraft. At all. They do not deliver the basics of Warcraft. And that is war, not peaceful drinking sessions with an evil spirit every now and again...

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay09 View Post
    Yeah.. And again.. He was a gimmick. There were quite some people that liked this panda stuff.. And that's the only reason Blizzard implemented them. They don't fit into Warcraft. At all. They do not deliver the basics of Warcraft. And that is war, not peaceful drinking sessions with an evil spirit every now and again...
    Get used to it. Every game and gaming company does something, or implements a new feature into a game that people don't like. Guess what though? You'll keep on playing, and that's all that matters to Blizzard. This isn't a new theme, though. I remember when TBC was announced, and people were flipping out over the fact that Draenei and Blood Elves were being added. So this is nothing new. Just deal with it, or go play something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdpride View Post
    I guess he missed the entire point of the expansion that is: the war is pointless.
    The world needs peace.
    guess what....people DON'T want peace in the world of WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARcraft.

Been saying it since they revealed MoP

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay09 View Post
    Gnomes are more of a joke than Pandaren are.

Quote Originally Posted by jaykaywhy View Post
    They are a joke too, but Blizzard had the common sense NOT TO BASE AN ENTIRE EXPANSION AROUND THEM, imagine the rage at that idea

Pandaren Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    There I fixed it for you blizz fanboy. Yup an entire expansion based around an in-joke, that's how much blizzard insult your intelligence, and it works.
    The race first appeared through a joke. That doesn't make the entire race a joke. Metzen himself said at the latest Blizzcon that the Pandaren have been the most requested and asked for race in World of Warcraft for a long time, and the Pandaren were planned to be the new Alliance race in Burning Crusade initially.

You see the race as a joke. The creators of the race don't agree with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychus View Post
    Back in my day, we walked uphill both ways, in the snow, barefoot. That made being in school all the better. Now you kids use these fancy automobiles and get there almost instantly. What's the point of school when you can just drive there?

Quote Originally Posted by jaykaywhy View Post
    They were, and it took a bit of adapting for anyone I believe to finally feel like they "fit in" for everyone that played Warcraft I, II or III. But eventually people got used to them. Same thing with the space-goats. It took a bit of adapting to get used to the idea of them, especially since their entire lore got retconned into oblivion. I guess it helped that the female character models were pleasant to look at.

Worgen were ... ugh. I don't know. To me it STILL feels iffy to look at them. I just don't like furries... at all. Other people do, but I personally don't. And pandaren are several notches further and are very hard for me to take them serious. I admit I cringe everytime I see them, especially the female models which remind me too much of Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    They are a joke too, but Blizzard had the common sense NOT TO BASE AN ENTIRE EXPANSION AROUND THEM, imagine the rage at that idea
    I would actually like a more in depth take at the gnome race and lore, may push me playing them.