Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    That character was a side-joke, never intended to be a serious race.
    wrong on so many levels rofl
    It's not the great who are strong...
    It's the strong who are great...

Deleted
    Someone did not read or experience the lore given in quests...

Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    What game are you playing?
    The game I wish I were playing 18 rated version of WoW

Quote Originally Posted by homerunhomer View Post
    The game I wish I were playing 18 rated version of WoW
    wow will never be rated over 18 its artstyle and way of storytelling just doesnt have enough gore or sexual content
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

back in '05 there was a page with leaked dev notes and already at that point it was known that this expansion will have pandaren.
    I do not find that page anymore, but to this day, blizz stuck to these dev notes pretty accurately.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Actually, there's been talk about Sargaeras not coming to the scene before level 100. Seeing as things stand now, that's 2 expansions away.

Edit: don't get me wrong, I'm no clairvoyant, I just don't see the Burning Legion coming in that soon.
    Its perfectly possible that the next expansion adds 10 more levels and brings us to 100.

Quote Originally Posted by schlubbor View Post
    back in '05 there was a page with leaked dev notes and already at that point it was known that this expansion will have pandaren.
    I do not find that page anymore, but to this day, blizz stuck to these dev notes pretty accurately.
    id like to know what you mean by dev notes, unless you mean the leaked screenshots for burning crusade
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    id like to know what you mean by dev notes, unless you mean the leaked screenshots for burning crusade
    I hope he doesnt mean "the list"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystile View Post
    The odd thing here is that your dungeon had six people in it.
    LOL fail haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    If Blizzard had wanted to make agame apart, or integrate them into Titan, I would have had no problem with the existence of pandaren and their lore.

But their endless stream of peaceful, happy drinking Starfleet explorers atmosphere is totally out of Warcraft context.

I come back every expansion to hate something and to WAR, not to solve problems about evil spirits and find reasons about what is worth fighting for.

I figh for the hate I feel for my ravaged lands and my murdered heroes, I fight for the lust of revenge and the desire to shed the blood of my enemies until the rivers run red with it, I fight in the name of the Light and with the forces of the elements to resolve unquenchable blood feuds with this alliance that is the Horde.

I fight for Jaina Proudmoore and Theramore, I fight for Vrynn and his past suffering, I fight for Lothar, for Alleria, for Dannath, for Uther.

Pandaren, you're a wonderful and fresh race, but this conflict is beyond you, and you simply do not share the fury of our races nor will you ever understand it.

You will never understand the joy I feel when I slash a blood elf in two or cleave an orc's head off his shoulders. That is the real war.

Go back to your Mists and take care of your evil spirits problems, the rest of the world is at war with its own past, and will be forevermore.

Garrosh has seen to that.
    It's not in the game yet.

I'm not sure if you've read the blue posts, but the future patches will continue the war's storyline and make it greater and greater until REALLY terrible things happen.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Quote Originally Posted by schlubbor View Post
    If your talking about the one I think you are it's a fake. Author confessed and everything. It was fairly convincing. I could be thinking of a totally different thing of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just ignore the OP, judging by his post history he hasn't enjoyed anything Blizzard has done since Warcraft 3. His points are asinine and he doesn't even play the game anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerofpope View Post
    Get used to it. Every game and gaming company does something, or implements a new feature into a game that people don't like. Guess what though? You'll keep on playing, and that's all that matters to Blizzard. This isn't a new theme, though. I remember when TBC was announced, and people were flipping out over the fact that Draenei and Blood Elves were being added. So this is nothing new. Just deal with it, or go play something else.
    I am still lvl 86. I only care about BGs.. Rumour tells me that PvP balance is pure bullshit. So, my motivation to play this game is very low and this pandaland lvling is just not my thing. I don't like the ambiente. It disturbs me.

Yes, I will still play this game. But with huge gaps. It will take a while for me to get to lvl 90. There is just very little that gives me the WoW feeling I know. It decreased in WotLK and Cata, but was still there.. Pandas? I do not give a damn about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    totally agree with this. That's the main reason of why I like this expansionso much.
    I was kinda tired of continuos dark, gritty places and the sensation of this ongoing and continuos "have to save the world" thing.

Not that I want to be "continuosly" peaceful, but there must need a moment of peace and calm at some point.
    Pandaren fit nicely in a world full of animalistic races (Tauren, Furbolg, Draenei, Naga, and so on.)

And I never understood the "was a joke" reasoning, it kinda bugs me
    It's like I make a joke wanting to be a medic and then in the future decide to actually follow the profession and having people coming at me "OH COME ON MAN, YOU JOKED ON IT 5 YEARS AGO, YOU CAN'T BE MEDIC NOW"
    Sorry but you can't take the Ronald McDonald of the Warcraft universe and the joke he has become ( years after he was introduced ) and then try to turn him into some heroic warrior.

They were an Easter egg with rid bits of wow lore throw together that ultimately ended up as the best April fools Joke ever.

Pandas, the Ronald McDonald's of Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I think the Pandaren were executed perfectly. They are humorous without being silly, and retain that edge of badassery that makes them cool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Personally, I think the Pandaren were executed perfectly. They are humorous without being silly, and retain that edge of badassery that makes them cool.
    Agree totally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh they look okay in the world.
    I just hate how they are neutral, and I see horde and alliance pandas.
    So annoying.

I see them before their names, have to make sure they aren't coming after me.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Sorry but you can't take the Ronald McDonald of the Warcraft universe and the joke he has become ( years after he was introduced ) and then try to turn him into some heroic warrior.

They were an Easter egg with rid bits of wow lore throw together that ultimately ended up as the best April fools Joke ever.

Pandas, the Ronald McDonald's of Warcraft.
    pandaren are the mascots of wow?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    That character was a side-joke, never intended to be a serious race.
    You could unlock Chen through completing the secret level and you could buy Brewmaster in normal games from the Tavern. Pandaren was a serious race, but haven't been a main focus. Since they have been shrouded in mist since forever (the sundering).

As for why they choose sides, it's because the pandas native to the turtle is different from the ones native from Pandaria after all these years. There is a storytime with lorewalker Cho when he talks about how the wandering turtle came to be. None of the factions of Pandaria have chosen sides in this war, only the ones from the wandering turtle have.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    pandaren are the mascots of wow?
    They are this expansion and what a sad joke they turned out to be but then again blizzard did turn the entire race into an April fools joke well after there introduction.