Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    They are this expansion and what a sad joke they turned out to be but then again blizzard did turn the entire race into an April fools joke well after there introduction.
    someone doesnt know what there talking about
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    I love it how people put so much emphasis on "omg its the World of WARcraft" yes it IS the world of warcraft but, the whole franchise isnt about the conflict between alliance and horde.

Its about fighting the Burning Legion !

Warcraft I:
    The humans of Stormwind fail to defend their city against the Old Horde which is a TOOL of the Burning Legion (Note there was no Alliance at that point)

Warcraft II:
    The humans manage to push back the Old Horde through the portal they came from into Draenor, still they are fighting the Old Horde tools of the BURNING LEGION.

Warcraft III:
    Thrall founds the new Horde under the warning of Medivh who is trying to redeem himself after being possessed by Sargeras, Lord of the Burning Legion.
    The fight against the Scourge begins which, once again, is a TOOL of the Burning Legion.
    Archimonde manages to enter Azeroth tries to destroy Nordrassil the races band together to prevent the destruction of our home.

See a pattern there ?

The whole game is about the conflict with the Burning Legion not about the faction war. And if we are ever going to free ourselves from the Harrassement of the Burning Legion we have to band together, for the good of all of Azeroth.

The point of this expansion is to teach us all that this mindless conflict needs to come to an end so we can stand strong and vanquish the real threat here.
    The Pandaren and their nature fit in PERFECTLY into world of warcraft. They are here to remind us of just that thing, thats what the cinematic was about and thats what this whole expansion is about.....

The Calm before the STORM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are this expansion and what a sad joke they turned out to be but then again blizzard did turn the entire race into an April fools joke well after there introduction.
    No, an April fools joke would be cows.

I find the whole asian/panda/harmony theme very enjoyable, and fitting for an expansion supposed to be a bit different from the previous ones.

in the words of a pandaren female ' all these talking animals are stupid' :P

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    someone doesnt know what there talking about
    Clearly there are 2 of us it seems.

Some decisions are harder to come back from than others.

Blizzard turning this race into an April fools joke after its introduction ( and the timing of a more popular character with striking similarities ) tainted this race more than most are willing to agree with and yet it's seen as a joke by many.

Sometimes there are things even in games that cross the line of playability. Pandas seem to have crossed That line for some players.

He'll, as a long time wow player I don't think players in any great number were asking for pandas that I can recall ever seeing. At least in the past number of years anyway.

Maybe the phrase, " they were the most requested race." Is cause no other race was requested.

Blizzard turning this race into an April fools joke after its introduction ( and the timing of a more popular character with striking similarities ) tainted this race more than most are willing to agree with and yet it's seen as a joke by many.
    Isn't it adorable that there are people who take jokes so seriously? "IT WAS A JOKE, NOW IT CAN NEVER BE SERIOUS!!!!!!1 YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!"

No. You're going to have to stop being willfully ignorant of all the jokes Blizzard have made over their franchises and realize that they can and will joke about anything and that jokes have no impact on the actual things they wish to put into the game.
    Sometimes there are things even in games that cross the line of playability. Pandas seem to have crossed That line for some players.
    Well then "some players" are going to have to face the fact that Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne happened and it had pandas.

Maybe the phrase, " they were the most requested race." Is cause no other race was requested.

list of most asked for things in wow since vanilla, pandaren, demon hunters, death knights, goblins, ogres, naga, high elves/blood elves.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Baalb View Post
    The OP is not saying Pandaren are childish or something. What he is saying is that their attitude feels weird for World of Warcraft. I play this game to escape the real world, I don't want my half leveling process to 90 to be chasing vermin from farmlands, watering crops and making beer, yet most of it is exactly like this. I also feel that this expansion is just a pause to the real game and I don't really approve it, because it doesn't feel like WoW to me.
    That pretty much sums it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Baalb View Post
    The OP is not saying Pandaren are childish or something. What he is saying is that their attitude feels weird for World of Warcraft. I play this game to escape the real world, I don't want my half leveling process to 90 to be chasing vermin from farmlands, watering crops and making beer, yet most of it is exactly like this. I also feel that this expansion is just a pause to the real game and I don't really approve it, because it doesn't feel like WoW to me.
    I guess you missed the 90% of quests that involve the usual mass killings of enemy monsters and soldiers, burning of villages, stealing of relics and usual Warcraft questing. Or you have a selective memory.

By the logic here I can sum Burning Crusade quests up as being 'poo collection quests'.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    That pretty much sums it up.
    except what he describes is only 1 zone, the rest of the zones are dark and gritty with lighthearted moments. the entire expansion is about war anyone who cant see that hasnt actually played through it because its obvious

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post

Yesterday I was doing a dungeon run with a blood elf death knight, undead warlock, orc warrior, troll priest, tauren druid and panda mage... The panda mage really was the odd one out in the picture.
    In 2007 the odd ones ın the pıcture were blood elves. You wouldn't believe the amount of QQ threads at the official forums b/c elves joined the Horde. People were cancelling their accounts and posting that in the forums, others were threatening to quit, others were nerd-raging. Fun times.

Anyway, Blizzard's dev choice is to focus on the 12-15 y.o. segment of the player base, so the game will be getting progressively more and more childish and ridiculous. Next playable race will probably be Furbolgs, and the final boss will be Pikachu on steroids.

Blizzard will keep getting dumber and dumber, so long as there are millions of 12-15 year olds who put tons of money in this game.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

If u don't like Pandaren pick a different race...

I don't understand what the problem is.
    Gamers are too obsessed with the death of games. Imagine if all that energy was channeled into the LIFE of games.

except what he describes is only 1 zone, the rest of the zones are dark and gritty with lighthearted moments. the entire expansion is about war anyone who cant see that hasnt actually played through it because its obvious
    Yep. And its willful ignorance as well, since to get to Valley of the Four Winds you need to do Jade Forest - a zone filled with war, pressganging civilians, massacring surrendering soldiers, igniting racial hatreds and destroying the homeland of the peaceful inhabitants before then accidently summoning a Sha and destroying the new avatar of the Jade Serpent.

No, this expansion is DEFINATELY Farmville. Definately. Yes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    If Blizzard had wanted to make agame apart, or integrate them into Titan, I would have had no problem with the existence of pandaren and their lore.

But their endless stream of peaceful, happy drinking Starfleet explorers atmosphere is totally out of Warcraft context.

I come back every expansion to hate something and to WAR, not to solve problems about evil spirits and find reasons about what is worth fighting for.

I figh for the hate I feel for my ravaged lands and my murdered heroes, I fight for the lust of revenge and the desire to shed the blood of my enemies until the rivers run red with it, I fight in the name of the Light and with the forces of the elements to resolve unquenchable blood feuds with this alliance that is the Horde.

I fight for Jaina Proudmoore and Theramore, I fight for Vrynn and his past suffering, I fight for Lothar, for Alleria, for Dannath, for Uther.

Pandaren, you're a wonderful and fresh race, but this conflict is beyond you, and you simply do not share the fury of our races nor will you ever understand it.

You will never understand the joy I feel when I slash a blood elf in two or cleave an orc's head off his shoulders. That is the real war.

Go back to your Mists and take care of your evil spirits problems, the rest of the world is at war with its own past, and will be forevermore.

Garrosh has seen to that.
    Evil spirits are manifestation of an Old God (if my sources are correct). Until we came to Pandaria, sha was nowhere to be found except in the books, so we need to clean the mess we made by stepping on their land.

Furthermore, in next content patches there will be much more war, and as rest of the poster said in this thread, have you really explored all of pandaria? Valley of the Four Winds is the only "peaceful" region there. Rest are at war and a very grim one. Go to Dread Wastes, meet the Shado-Pan warriors, explore Kun'Lai summit. Lots of stuff to see, and lots of war involved there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    I
    Blizzard will keep getting dumber and dumber, so long as there are millions of 12-15 year olds who put tons of money in this game.
    Let me guess, you're 16 and totally grown up and past all that baby shit all those 15 year olds like. Am I right?

Fact if, the game is catering to several demographics at the same time. I'm pretty sure most 15 year olds don't grasp the concepts of genocide, race hate and enslavement.

Not to mention top-end content continues to get harder. If you'd even tried it you'd probably realise that yourself. Its very easy to complain that content is too easy and dumbed down when you only ever stick to the easy and dumbed down content. Its like complaining the food is too salty when you keep ordering salty food.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaKanista View Post
    I love it how people put so much emphasis on "omg its the World of WARcraft" yes it IS the world of warcraft but, the whole franchise isnt about the conflict between alliance and horde.

Its about fighting the Burning Legion !

Warcraft I:
    The humans of Stormwind fail to defend their city against the Old Horde which is a TOOL of the Burning Legion (Note there was no Alliance at that point)

Warcraft II:
    The humans manage to push back the Old Horde through the portal they came from into Draenor, still they are fighting the Old Horde tools of the BURNING LEGION.

Warcraft III:
    Thrall founds the new Horde under the warning of Medivh who is trying to redeem himself after being possessed by Sargeras, Lord of the Burning Legion.
    The fight against the Scourge begins which, once again, is a TOOL of the Burning Legion.
    Archimonde manages to enter Azeroth tries to destroy Nordrassil the races band together to prevent the destruction of our home.

See a pattern there ?

The whole game is about the conflict with the Burning Legion not about the faction war. And if we are ever going to free ourselves from the Harrassement of the Burning Legion we have to band together, for the good of all of Azeroth.

The point of this expansion is to teach us all that this mindless conflict needs to come to an end so we can stand strong and vanquish the real threat here.
    The Pandaren and their nature fit in PERFECTLY into world of warcraft. They are here to remind us of just that thing, thats what the cinematic was about and thats what this whole expansion is about.....

The Calm before the STORM.
    This. The Burning Legion are the main antagonists to this franchise. Althought the Old Gods are catching up.

BTW OP, you are a disgrace to every Final Fantasy VIII fan out there. I cannot believe that you are a fan of that game yet you can't enjoy a good story. I'm ashamed.

list of most asked for things in wow since vanilla, pandaren, demon hunters, death knights, goblins, ogres, naga, high elves/blood elves.
    Still waiting on those Naga. GC said something about "how would they wear boots?" but the Draenei (and now Worgen) never seemed too concerned about that.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    SNIP...

Well then "some players" are going to have to face the fact that Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne happened and it had pandas.
    True and yet some players are going to have to face the fact that many who played WC3 missed them entirely only going back to see them when someone else told them or read about it. Why? Cause there were more of an Easter egg then anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerofpope View Post
    No, an April fools joke would be cows.
    Agree and yet they were already released similar to pandas and not picked as a fools joke.

While I agree with you that all those have been mentioned, none any more or less then the other and especially not pandas being well above the rest.

If you did find something that says otherwise please let me know as google doesn't see to be producing much results for me.

True and yet some players are going to have to face the fact that many who played WC3 missed them entirely only going back to see them when someone else told them or read about it. Why? Cause there were more of an Easter egg then anything else.

Agree and yet they were already released similar to pandas and not picked as a fools joke.

While I agree with you that all those have been mentioned, none any more or less then the other and especially not pandas being well above the rest.

If you did find something that says otherwise please let me know as google doesn't see to be producing much results for me.
    on pretty much every poll on "what race do you want added" or "whats the next expansion" pandaren and demon hunters have been the most asked i COULD go back and dig through hundreds and hundreds of threads in the last 8 years but i doubt even if i found thousands upon thousands of posts, videos, interviews, ect ect where people ask "when are pandaren coming" you would still think im lying.

point is the reason they were added to warcraft 3 is because people wanted them, the reason there being added to wow is because every year people have wanted them.

blizzard even went so far as to call chen stormstout the boba fett of the warcraft universe in terms of how popular he is