Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
16
17
25
... LastLast
  1. #281
    Titan Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    12,544
    Blizzard makes the games, ergo Blizzard makes the lore. If it's in the game, it's canon. Deal with it.

    Or not. Just don't give yourself an ulcer over some pixels you're not satisfied with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

  2. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferbster View Post
    If you're trying to say the ONE Pandaren in Frozen Throne is an arguable fact then you need to brush up on your lore.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 10:10 AM ----------




    You sir, have made my day xD

    Yes, yes it is.

    You do not decide what is 'arguable' in terms of game lore - Blizzard obviously decided that the Pandaren were a strong enough lore point to carry an expansion

    There are multiple instances of Pandaren in the game world before MoP, you are being willfully ignorant to try and support your ridiculous argument

  3. #283
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferbster View Post
    You do realize this whole expansion was pulled out of Blizzards ass right? There is no lore supporting any of this except the one Pandaren in WC3.... You do realize this?
    actually they were expanded upon in things like the rpg books

  4. #284
    Pandaren Monk willtron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,902
    Don't get me wrong i love MoP, but its very odd, it's almost like i'm playing a game similar to WoW, and not WoW itself. the end of Townlong Steppes and the whole of Dread Wastes - really did not feel like WoW to me, I have no idea why. I enjoyed the questing but it all seemed very... missing a certain something.

    And just because Pandaren were in WC3, does not make them fit in anymore to MoP, I agree with the OP.

    Then again, I've much prefer the Burning Legion story. Gief moar demons.
    Last edited by willtron; 2012-10-06 at 06:18 PM.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

  5. #285
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Don't get me wrong i love MoP, but its very odd, it's almost like i'm playing a game similar to WoW, and not WoW itself. the end of Townlong Steppes and the whole of Dread Wastes - really did not feel like WoW to me, I have no idea why. I enjoyed the questing but it all seemed very... missing a certain something.

    And just because Pandaren were in WC3, does not make them fit in anymore to MoP, I agree with the OP.
    'Mists of Pandaria'

  6. #286
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    actually they were expanded upon in things like the rpg books
    RPG books are not canon anymore...


  7. #287
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    actually they were expanded upon in things like the rpg books
    The rpg books are non canon, the pandaren may have had only one representative, but that is still one more than the entirety of the uncorrupted Draenei.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

  8. #288
    The Lightbringer Bryntrollian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Outside Black Gate of Mordor...
    Posts
    3,049
    Quote Originally Posted by Symetree View Post
    Soooooooo do you ever leave the house to get some sunlight?
    Hes allergic to sunlight...
    Synek - best rogue in the world


  9. #289
    The Lightbringer sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    3,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    At a certain point the only lore behind orcs was that they were brutish beasts, came from a different world and where there to conquer Azeroth by killing off the original inhabitants. You can always expand on those ideas later.
    That was for warcraft1 only and back then most games didn't even have that much lore (I know that sound too few by today's standards)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  10. #290
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
    RPG books are not canon anymore...
    so? alot of things started in the rpg books and are no longer canon but are now canon and ingame.

    just because the rpg books arent canon now doesnt mean they werent written and some of that didnt carry over into mists

  11. #291
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    You fight because you are a psychotic racist (in game)? You aren´t looking at why the pandarans are peaceful if this is all you base your reasons on.
    They're peaceful because, outside of Chen, they've had absolutely no part or relevance in any part of Warcraft lore whatsoever.

    We just went from:
    Orcs vs. Humans --> reason why orcs were enraged (burning legion) --> orcs settling down --> burning legion creating scourge --> invasion by burning legion --> rise of the scourge --> fighting the very essence of azeroth (old gods though I admit even this was a bit of a stretch)

    All the stories up til now have fallen in these categories: orcs vs. humans, old gods, scourge, burning legion. None of this had the slightest mention of a random ass island that, up until now, has had no connection at all to the above. Unless the lifting of the mists provides us with another well of eternity I'm not going to see any relevance to this expansion to the greater part of warcraft lore.

    Ok so there IS Y'sharrj to make a connection. It's just that Blizzard seems to be underplaying it extremely.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2012-10-06 at 06:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  12. #292
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    That was for warcraft1 only and back then most games didn't even have that much lore (I know that sound too few by today's standards)
    Right.
    If you want a more recent example take the Worgen.

  13. #293
    Shitiest excuse = "Lore did not exist" Ya don't say?

    Well by your logic Warcraft 1 shouldn't have been created in the first place.

    People whine "ohmahgawds anatha sequel?" Then they say " ohmahgawds new lawr?"
    Signature and Avatar by ElyPop

  14. #294
    The Lightbringer sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    3,550
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
    Sadly many don't. Even more sad, many think the lore for Pandaria was already written in WC3.
    What was exactly introduced? Only 2 units from pandaren, 1 the hero pandaren brewmaster, and 2nd is an actual bear panda that like animals walk on 4 legs, that's all

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 09:41 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkbark View Post
    Yes, yes it is.

    You do not decide what is 'arguable' in terms of game lore - Blizzard obviously decided that the Pandaren were a strong enough lore point to carry an expansion

    There are multiple instances of Pandaren in the game world before MoP, you are being willfully ignorant to try and support your ridiculous argument
    Actually it shows to me they run out of ideas, back up ideas, and friends ideas, so they thought like "remember when we joked about pandas? Lets introduce them since we are completely dry out of easy to implement ideas"

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 09:42 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Shitiest excuse = "Lore did not exist" Ya don't say?

    Well by your logic Warcraft 1 shouldn't have been created in the first place.

    People whine "ohmahgawds anatha sequel?" Then they say " ohmahgawds new lawr?"
    The Etherals were new and got too few bash, the problem is not "there is no lawr", it was "it was a JOKE lawr"
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  15. #295
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
    Sadly many don't. Even more sad, many think the lore for Pandaria was already written in WC3.
    I don't think anyone thinks that. And it's not necessary. What happens in an expansion is mostly written in the development of that particular expansion. They don't plan all of that years in advance. But that goes for MoP as much as for any other expansion.. Do you think what happened in TBC was written when WC3 came out?

  16. #296
    Herald of the Titans Pancaspe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,673
    Pandaria is the first place in WOW that feels like a living community. People live here. People work here. There is a rich culture to explore. If Pandaria does not fit in Warcraft, then Warcraft needs to adapt because Pandaria is the best place Warcraft has ever created.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 01:10 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I don't think anyone thinks that. And it's not necessary. What happens in an expansion is mostly written in the development of that particular expansion. They don't plan all of that years in advance. But that goes for MoP as much as for any other expansion.. Do you think what happened in TBC was written when WC3 came out?
    Are you kidding? They don't plan this years in advance? Panderan were going to be the Allied race in BC till they changed it. You can find images in Ulduar that are quite clearly Sha.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

  17. #297
    Herald of the Titans Skorpionss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    2,528
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    I never said pandaren were a joke, not in this thread anyway, I mainly pointed out how they are too far out there to appreciate the blood feud that exists between the alliance and the horde. How unrelated they are to our heroes and our specific hardships.

    Where were they during the First War?

    Where were they during the Second War?

    Where were they during the 2nd invasion of the Legion?

    Where were they during the re-opening of the Dark Portal?

    Where were they during Icecrown, when Azeroth's men and women held back Arthas' hand? Where would they be if we hadn't?

    Nowhere. They'd all be dead and I'm surprised Deathwing didn't obliterate their continent to hell, after all he was the Earthwarder, he should have been aware of their existence. But I digress.

    They're like children that step unto a battlefield to fight over who broke who's toy.

    This is not their war.

    This is not their universe.

    Guess what, it's not your decision to make... and no shit sherlock... they even say it's not their war in game if u even bothered playing(which you obviously haven't) and just wanted to be left alone on their Island... but no, dirtbag Garrosh and Varian want the land for themselves so why not send all ally and horde forces in there to fuck shit up for the peaceful bystanders(in 5.1, first wave were just scouts). It is completely obvious to any1 who read your posts that you have no clue about any of the story that lead to them joining this war... so I won't bother further. It's your decision if you want to understand shit or just remain a hateful ignorant.

  18. #298
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    Are you kidding? They don't plan this years in advance? Panderan were going to be the Allied race in BC till they changed it. You can find images in Ulduar that are quite clearly Sha.
    What I mean is they don't have an exact outline of what'll happen years in advance. Of course the Pandaren existed, but if they would've brought them in TBC, they would have appeared in a different way. As for the Ulduar thing, devs already confirmed those are not Sha.

  19. #299
    People will continue to say that they are a part of the lore, they were in WC3 and so on...

    They were originally introduced as an april fools because they are fucking PANDAS. Yes, it's funny for 1 week but in the long run I want the true warcraft. And pandas have no place in it.

  20. #300
    Quote Originally Posted by nameuser View Post
    People will continue to say that they are a part of the lore, they were in WC3 and so on...

    They were originally introduced as an april fools because they are fucking PANDAS. Yes, it's funny for 1 week but in the long run I want the true warcraft. And pandas have no place in it.
    Then this is not your game. You don't play it, but we do. You say Pandaren have no place in it, but Blizzard and the community says otherwise. It's time to accept that and move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Its not a matter of opinion when FACTS back up the fact that this is one of the best expansions they have ever created.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    tl;dr: If you're going to post nonsense, don't post. Please just go.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •