Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Shitiest excuse = "Lore did not exist" Ya don't say?

Well by your logic Warcraft 1 shouldn't have been created in the first place.

People whine "ohmahgawds anatha sequel?" Then they say " ohmahgawds new lawr?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
    Sadly many don't. Even more sad, many think the lore for Pandaria was already written in WC3.
    What was exactly introduced? Only 2 units from pandaren, 1 the hero pandaren brewmaster, and 2nd is an actual bear panda that like animals walk on 4 legs, that's all

---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 09:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkbark View Post
    Yes, yes it is.

You do not decide what is 'arguable' in terms of game lore - Blizzard obviously decided that the Pandaren were a strong enough lore point to carry an expansion

There are multiple instances of Pandaren in the game world before MoP, you are being willfully ignorant to try and support your ridiculous argument
    Actually it shows to me they run out of ideas, back up ideas, and friends ideas, so they thought like "remember when we joked about pandas? Lets introduce them since we are completely dry out of easy to implement ideas"

---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 09:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Shitiest excuse = "Lore did not exist" Ya don't say?

Well by your logic Warcraft 1 shouldn't have been created in the first place.

People whine "ohmahgawds anatha sequel?" Then they say " ohmahgawds new lawr?"
    The Etherals were new and got too few bash, the problem is not "there is no lawr", it was "it was a JOKE lawr"
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
    Sadly many don't. Even more sad, many think the lore for Pandaria was already written in WC3.
    I don't think anyone thinks that. And it's not necessary. What happens in an expansion is mostly written in the development of that particular expansion. They don't plan all of that years in advance. But that goes for MoP as much as for any other expansion.. Do you think what happened in TBC was written when WC3 came out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pandaria is the first place in WOW that feels like a living community. People live here. People work here. There is a rich culture to explore. If Pandaria does not fit in Warcraft, then Warcraft needs to adapt because Pandaria is the best place Warcraft has ever created.

---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 01:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I don't think anyone thinks that. And it's not necessary. What happens in an expansion is mostly written in the development of that particular expansion. They don't plan all of that years in advance. But that goes for MoP as much as for any other expansion.. Do you think what happened in TBC was written when WC3 came out?
    Are you kidding? They don't plan this years in advance? Panderan were going to be the Allied race in BC till they changed it. You can find images in Ulduar that are quite clearly Sha.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    I never said pandaren were a joke, not in this thread anyway, I mainly pointed out how they are too far out there to appreciate the blood feud that exists between the alliance and the horde. How unrelated they are to our heroes and our specific hardships.

Where were they during the First War?

Where were they during the Second War?

Where were they during the 2nd invasion of the Legion?

Where were they during the re-opening of the Dark Portal?

Where were they during Icecrown, when Azeroth's men and women held back Arthas' hand? Where would they be if we hadn't?

Nowhere. They'd all be dead and I'm surprised Deathwing didn't obliterate their continent to hell, after all he was the Earthwarder, he should have been aware of their existence. But I digress.

They're like children that step unto a battlefield to fight over who broke who's toy.

This is not their war.

This is not their universe.

Guess what, it's not your decision to make... and no shit sherlock... they even say it's not their war in game if u even bothered playing(which you obviously haven't) and just wanted to be left alone on their Island... but no, dirtbag Garrosh and Varian want the land for themselves so why not send all ally and horde forces in there to fuck shit up for the peaceful bystanders(in 5.1, first wave were just scouts). It is completely obvious to any1 who read your posts that you have no clue about any of the story that lead to them joining this war... so I won't bother further. It's your decision if you want to understand shit or just remain a hateful ignorant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    Are you kidding? They don't plan this years in advance? Panderan were going to be the Allied race in BC till they changed it. You can find images in Ulduar that are quite clearly Sha.
    What I mean is they don't have an exact outline of what'll happen years in advance. Of course the Pandaren existed, but if they would've brought them in TBC, they would have appeared in a different way. As for the Ulduar thing, devs already confirmed those are not Sha.

People will continue to say that they are a part of the lore, they were in WC3 and so on...

They were originally introduced as an april fools because they are fucking PANDAS. Yes, it's funny for 1 week but in the long run I want the true warcraft. And pandas have no place in it.

Quote Originally Posted by nameuser View Post
    People will continue to say that they are a part of the lore, they were in WC3 and so on...

They were originally introduced as an april fools because they are fucking PANDAS. Yes, it's funny for 1 week but in the long run I want the true warcraft. And pandas have no place in it.
    Then this is not your game. You don't play it, but we do. You say Pandaren have no place in it, but Blizzard and the community says otherwise. It's time to accept that and move on.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

People are really still having this argument? It's so startling.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Unless the lifting of the mists provides us with another well of eternity I'm not going to see any relevance to this expansion to the greater part of warcraft lore.
    I'm assuming you have yet to make it to the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. It is heavily hinted that the waters there are very similar to the Well of Eternity's waters.

No one complained about the other dozen or so anthropomorphic animal people in the game, why are pandas where the line is drawn? Your "true Warcraft" only exists in one place: your own mind.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is basically saying that the developer should not be in charge of making games and that the people buying these expansions should be the one's who decide which race should be in the game. At least that's what I get from this. I just don't understand why people continue to hate the Pandaren's so much. If they were in a game before WoW as a playable race why are people whining so much about it. Just because it was an easter egg/joke in WoW doesn't mean they don't deserve to have their own story. What about Gnomes? Nobody says anything about them. As much as I like Gnomes if there were any race in WoW that doesn't fit it would be them. Tiny midgets dual wielding 2h battle axes I guess that fits in WoW more than Pandarens right?
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

It does fit, and it seems blizzard is shooting for another unique exotic culture/feel like they did with BC with blood elves, draenei and outland. Didn't quite work out though.

At this point I don't think there is much time left for blizzard to do many magical things with wow, the game is amazing enough to sustain itself but that is it. Maybe their next big MMO will finally have some magic again, maybe they are happy just milking their zombie costumers. Who knows.

Why would they take a race from the warcraft universe and put it into titan?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystile View Post
    The odd thing here is that your dungeon had six people in it.
    You sir, are pure tiger's blood. Nice call.

Deleted

- introduce pandaren as an april fools joke
    - get feedback from people, lots of people like them
    - tell them it was only a joke
    - people are upset because they liked them
    - continue to develop lore and art for the Pandaren
    - put a Pandaren hero into the WC3 addon
    - drop little hints about the Pandaren in WoW
    - people continue to like them
    - people ask for them to be added into WoW
    - try to implement them into the game
    - people keep asking for playable pandaren and brewmaster
    - finally make a whole expansion based on pandaren
    - people complain about pandas

well, fuck

Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    No one complained about the other dozen or so anthropomorphic animal people in the game, why are pandas where the line is drawn? Your "true Warcraft" only exists in one place: your own mind.
    "other animals" like tauren? At least they don't LOOK like cows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice opinion, mines better
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Deleted
    Really?

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b6...ren_female.gif

Male tauren look like bulls, female tauren look like cows.

And if they wouldn't Blizzard would have done a bad job.
    But tauren are not the only race modelled after an animal.

I can clearly see cow in them.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

To be fair Pandaren don't look much like pandas, the males look like WoW bears and the females look like Gummi Bears.