Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nameuser View Post
    People will continue to say that they are a part of the lore, they were in WC3 and so on...

They were originally introduced as an april fools because they are fucking PANDAS. Yes, it's funny for 1 week but in the long run I want the true warcraft. And pandas have no place in it.
    Then this is not your game. You don't play it, but we do. You say Pandaren have no place in it, but Blizzard and the community says otherwise. It's time to accept that and move on.

People are really still having this argument? It's so startling.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Unless the lifting of the mists provides us with another well of eternity I'm not going to see any relevance to this expansion to the greater part of warcraft lore.
    I'm assuming you have yet to make it to the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. It is heavily hinted that the waters there are very similar to the Well of Eternity's waters.

People will continue to say that they are a part of the lore, they were in WC3 and so on...

They were originally introduced as an april fools because they are fucking PANDAS. Yes, it's funny for 1 week but in the long run I want the true warcraft. And pandas have no place in it.
    No one complained about the other dozen or so anthropomorphic animal people in the game, why are pandas where the line is drawn? Your "true Warcraft" only exists in one place: your own mind.
    Professor of History at Silvermoon University

This thread is basically saying that the developer should not be in charge of making games and that the people buying these expansions should be the one's who decide which race should be in the game. At least that's what I get from this. I just don't understand why people continue to hate the Pandaren's so much. If they were in a game before WoW as a playable race why are people whining so much about it. Just because it was an easter egg/joke in WoW doesn't mean they don't deserve to have their own story. What about Gnomes? Nobody says anything about them. As much as I like Gnomes if there were any race in WoW that doesn't fit it would be them. Tiny midgets dual wielding 2h battle axes I guess that fits in WoW more than Pandarens right?
    “Ever wonder why ice cubes taste so boring? It’s cuz you make ‘em outta stupid water, you bimbo! Put some fruit juice in there and freeze it into ice cubes, and put THAT in your milk.”
    "One small mankind and I'm gonna leap the heck outta this moon rocket." - Kneel Aurmstrang
    For your health.

It does fit, and it seems blizzard is shooting for another unique exotic culture/feel like they did with BC with blood elves, draenei and outland. Didn't quite work out though.

At this point I don't think there is much time left for blizzard to do many magical things with wow, the game is amazing enough to sustain itself but that is it. Maybe their next big MMO will finally have some magic again, maybe they are happy just milking their zombie costumers. Who knows.

Why would they take a race from the warcraft universe and put it into titan?

Quote Originally Posted by Mystile View Post
    The odd thing here is that your dungeon had six people in it.
    You sir, are pure tiger's blood. Nice call.
    Atheist, anti-theist, pro-gun, pro-Constitution, anti-racism, pro-gay rights, anti-war, anti-corporatism.

- introduce pandaren as an april fools joke
    - get feedback from people, lots of people like them
    - tell them it was only a joke
    - people are upset because they liked them
    - continue to develop lore and art for the Pandaren
    - put a Pandaren hero into the WC3 addon
    - drop little hints about the Pandaren in WoW
    - people continue to like them
    - people ask for them to be added into WoW
    - try to implement them into the game
    - people keep asking for playable pandaren and brewmaster
    - finally make a whole expansion based on pandaren
    - people complain about pandas

well, fuck

Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    No one complained about the other dozen or so anthropomorphic animal people in the game, why are pandas where the line is drawn? Your "true Warcraft" only exists in one place: your own mind.
    "other animals" like tauren? At least they don't LOOK like cows.

Nice opinion, mines better
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Really?

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b6...ren_female.gif

Male tauren look like bulls, female tauren look like cows.

And if they wouldn't Blizzard would have done a bad job.
    But tauren are not the only race modelled after an animal.

I can clearly see cow in them.

To be fair Pandaren don't look much like pandas, the males look like WoW bears and the females look like Gummi Bears.

Playing in Pandaria feels like playing a whole new MMO. I don't mind really, but it doesn't fit with the rest Azeroth.

Apparently there are 16 pages of suckers born every day.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Pandaren existed before Titan was a thought in someone's head.
    Unsubscribed 3/10/2014 - 8/14/2014.
    "Times change."

Beware the claims of yearly expansions. It's not more hype more often, it's paying more for less. Fewer tiers, no more new levels, no more new races/classes, but an ever-increasing price tag....

Waiting for the day Blizzards adds Tuskarr as a playable race, and after that playable battleponies

Quote Originally Posted by MistaKanista View Post
    People fear what they dont understand, and since being afraid of something is considered weak, they hate it instead to make themselves feel better about not understanding it.

Its a very neanderthal way of living your life, basic and doesnt involve much thought.

Each to their own, let them hate. As long as there are people that seek knowledge and understanding the human race will not devolve into Troglodytes.
    For future ref alot of our current evidence suggests that neanderthals were actually quite intelligent maybe even moreso than our direct ancestors who they are now known to have interbred with.

Other than my little lesson i LOVE Pandaren was rven going to quit till they announced em. My main is now a Pandaren Brewmaster named Sakurazaki.

I also love the asian themes as well as how it feels like old wow mixed with some of their better changes.

---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 11:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    It works both ways which seems to be the point you are ignoring. Without us, those "gods and demigods" would have lost. To use an NPC example, Thrall is a mortal, and without him, no one would have been able to wield the Dragon Soul. Tirion was also a mortal, and without him, no one could have wielded a purified Ashbringer. And now, as we square off against our own negative emotions made manifest through the Sha, Wrathion will equip us with Legendary weapons of our own.

As for your Lord of the Rings example, the final book is all about how necessary it is for Men to unite under the King in order to defeat Sauron. And, more importantly, without Frodo, the Ring would never have been destroyed. You are glorifying one side of the coin without acknowledging the importance of the other side.
    You just gave me a badass thought. Imagine if we got a legendary or artifact(the legendary red color if i recall right) that we got to name and maybe stat adjust within limits of course. We could choose weapon(or two if dual wielders) but maybe only one per toon if not account(as in game account not battle.net account) and so we'd have it on just our main.

Might be a cool touch for the Sargeras expansion actually. We could have it hand made by the titans for the purpose if slaying Sargeras.

Also anyone else think Ragnarok alone could summon the giant Sha from jade forest.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Sorta agree.

Pandaren feel out of place in the game. To me it's obvious that they were an easter egg / april fools joke...

Yesterday I was doing a dungeon run with a blood elf death knight, undead warlock, orc warrior, troll priest, tauren druid and panda mage... The panda mage really was the odd one out in the picture.
    Why do people make shit up to try and prove points? Do they think everyone on here is THAT stupid?

I have yet to see how they're out of place.

Also, isn't this just another "Why I dislike Pandaren" thread?

Can we just stop these @_@. It's been old since Mists was announced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Transorcers, Warlords in disguise.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)