People are really still having this argument? It's so startling.
Professor of History at Silvermoon University
This thread is basically saying that the developer should not be in charge of making games and that the people buying these expansions should be the one's who decide which race should be in the game. At least that's what I get from this. I just don't understand why people continue to hate the Pandaren's so much. If they were in a game before WoW as a playable race why are people whining so much about it. Just because it was an easter egg/joke in WoW doesn't mean they don't deserve to have their own story. What about Gnomes? Nobody says anything about them. As much as I like Gnomes if there were any race in WoW that doesn't fit it would be them. Tiny midgets dual wielding 2h battle axes I guess that fits in WoW more than Pandarens right?
"Wine was invented by the Romans... for orgies. And orgies are not too much fun if no-one wants to do it with you."
"What the heck you gonna do if you're on a picnic and have an ice cream and the ants crawl on the ice cream, what are you gonna do? You're gonna eat the ants because it's made out of protein."
For your health.
It does fit, and it seems blizzard is shooting for another unique exotic culture/feel like they did with BC with blood elves, draenei and outland. Didn't quite work out though.
At this point I don't think there is much time left for blizzard to do many magical things with wow, the game is amazing enough to sustain itself but that is it. Maybe their next big MMO will finally have some magic again, maybe they are happy just milking their zombie costumers. Who knows.
Why would they take a race from the warcraft universe and put it into titan?
- get feedback from people, lots of people like them
- tell them it was only a joke
- people are upset because they liked them
- continue to develop lore and art for the Pandaren
- put a Pandaren hero into the WC3 addon
- drop little hints about the Pandaren in WoW
- people continue to like them
- people ask for them to be added into WoW
- try to implement them into the game
- people keep asking for playable pandaren and brewmaster
- finally make a whole expansion based on pandaren
- people complain about pandas
Nice opinion, mines better
Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3
Male tauren look like bulls, female tauren look like cows.
And if they wouldn't Blizzard would have done a bad job.
But tauren are not the only race modelled after an animal.
Playing in Pandaria feels like playing a whole new MMO. I don't mind really, but it doesn't fit with the rest Azeroth.
Apparently there are 16 pages of suckers born every day.
"Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."
Pandaren existed before Titan was a thought in someone's head.
Five Common MMO-C Misconceptions:
1. If I'm burnt out on WoW, the game must be less exciting than it was in BC/Wrath.
2. If Guild Wars 2 can do it, WoW should have done it 4-9 years ago.
3. Anything I don't get free is another way to milk the players for money.
4. "Don't hate me because I disagree" is a good way to shut down dissenting arguments.
5. GC is the root of all WoW's problems. Now that he is gone the game will be perfect again.
Waiting for the day Blizzards adds Tuskarr as a playable race, and after that playable battleponies
Other than my little lesson i LOVE Pandaren was rven going to quit till they announced em. My main is now a Pandaren Brewmaster named Sakurazaki.
I also love the asian themes as well as how it feels like old wow mixed with some of their better changes.
---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 11:15 PM ----------
Might be a cool touch for the Sargeras expansion actually. We could have it hand made by the titans for the purpose if slaying Sargeras.
Also anyone else think Ragnarok alone could summon the giant Sha from jade forest.
I have yet to see how they're out of place.
Also, isn't this just another "Why I dislike Pandaren" thread?
Can we just stop these @_@. It's been old since Mists was announced.