Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ...
8
16
17
18
19
20
28
... LastLast
  1. #341
    Quote Originally Posted by nameuser View Post
    They don't look like cows at all and if they did, they would be just as childish as pandaren. Anyone who's never played wow would immediately think of pandaren as funny unlike tauren.
    Tauren are based on the Minotaur, which is a bull human hybrid, so even in its origin Tauren are based of cows, just accept it and that is a very great assumption there are plenty of people out there, who find tauren ridiculous.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

  2. #342
    Pandaren Monk Keristrasza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,775
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Think about why I said those two races. Neither one wears boots when you equip them. They wear leg warmers instead. Naga would simply have tail warmers.
    Trolls are that way as well, but I think it more boils down to riding a mount. I don't think blizzard is going to add a race unless they can give it legs to sit on a mount and not some kind of sled. o.O
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Five Nights at Freddy's 1 and 2 | Group of Friend's Youtube Channel

  3. #343
    All races are based upon myths and legends. Not sure about Pandas and Draeneis (but Draeneis may be aliens).
    What about pandas? Kung-fu masters were humans( humans = already playable race).

  4. #344
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Sorta agree.

    Pandaren feel out of place in the game. To me it's obvious that they were an easter egg / april fools joke...

    Yesterday I was doing a dungeon run with a blood elf death knight, undead warlock, orc warrior, troll priest, tauren druid and panda mage... The panda mage really was the odd one out in the picture.
    Female gnome rogue with pink bunches reporting for duty, sir!

  5. #345
    Actually they were created by a Warcraft artist, given lore by Warcraft creators and put into the game by Warcraft designers. Pandaren are very much Warcraft. Denial and crap opinions doesn't mean they are not.

  6. #346
    Quote Originally Posted by nameuser View Post
    Taurens aren't based off that joke in diablo. get real. Where did blizz say that? They don't look like cows at all and if they did, they would be just as childish as pandaren. Anyone who's never played wow would immediately think of pandaren as funny unlike tauren.
    A lot People who don't play WoW find the game childish. What makes the Pandaren themselves childish? If you say are based off of Pandas, what makes Pandas childish?

  7. #347
    Elemental Lord Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    8,864
    Female Dwarves and Tauren say Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  8. #348
    Warcraft was not and will not ever be an average fantasy universe. It's place where magic works hand by hand with nuclear bombs and helicopters, flying wyverns with battle tanks, fireballs with guns, speaking cows with goblins and space goats. It's a perfect mix of everything and I like it. Pandaren does not look alien here at all, it's just talking bears with china-inspired lore, what's wrong with that?

  9. #349
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    I fight for Alleria.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    You will never understand the joy I feel when I slash a blood elf in two.
    I just thought I would point this out. Technically they are the same race and the main reason why the Blood Elves are in the Horde is because the Alliance btrayed them.

    OT: The Pandaren are probably in the game to get the sides to work together so that they are strong enough to defeat the Burning Legion. This is also a theme in Wrathion's questline.

  10. #350
    Alliance would've been playing Panda's in BC if Blizzard didn't go with Draenei. Heard it from lead encounter designer Ion Hazzikostas on the MOP midnight launch party stream. So we would've had Panda's a long time ago.
    Join the MMO-Champion NA Elder Scrolls Online guild branch today! All factions welcome.

    Whisper Strall/@Kalfis, or Gree'ver/@Greevir for an invite.

  11. #351
    Titan unholytestament's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    From the Darknet
    Posts
    11,648
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    What was exactly introduced? Only 2 units from pandaren, 1 the hero pandaren brewmaster, and 2nd is an actual bear panda that like animals walk on 4 legs, that's all
    Now tell me how many gnome units there were in Warcraft 3. It's actually kind of funny. In Warcraft 2 the flying machine was made by gnomes. In Warcraft 3 it's made by dwarves.

    THERE ARE NO GNOMES IN WARCRAFT 3.

    Oh, and there weren't any worgen either. So, by followign that logic, neither of these races should be playable. If Pandaren have more units than them yet shouldn't be playable then there's two more whole other races that shouldn't be included if we follow your logic. I could also argue draenei, but they're more complicated...
    Actually it shows to me they run out of ideas, back up ideas, and friends ideas, so they thought like "remember when we joked about pandas? Lets introduce them since we are completely dry out of easy to implement ideas"
    You not liking what lore they decide to use, and ignoring all the ground work already laid for them to use that lore, doesn't reflect on the abudance of ideas in any way shape or form. This is just you throwing a tantrum because you can't have your way.
    Some would ask
    "How could a perfect God create a universe with so much that is evil?"
    They have missed a greater conundrum
    "Why would a perfect God create a universe at all?"

  12. #352
    Actually it shows to me they run out of ideas, back up ideas, and friends ideas, so they thought like "remember when we joked about pandas? Lets introduce them since we are completely dry out of easy to implement ideas"
    Ummmm I can tell you right now they haven't run out of ideas. I can name 3 possible expansions they can do right now and if I can do that, I know the people at Blizzard can think of more. Running out of ideas, going by your logic they must have started running out of ideas as the Pandaren was close to being the 2nd race in BC. Instead they chose space goats in which they had to change the lore quite a bit to make them fit. They have a lot of stuff left to address lore wise so they aren't in danger of running out of ideas and if they do, make new lore. This is one reason why I like MoP, they made new lore.

  13. #353
    The Patient Neonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Gardena CA
    Posts
    213
    If you think they're all about peace then you didn't read any of the quests....

  14. #354
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    I just thought I would point this out. Technically they are the same race and the main reason why the Blood Elves are in the Horde is because the Alliance btrayed them.

    OT: The Pandaren are probably in the game to get the sides to work together so that they are strong enough to defeat the Burning Legion. This is also a theme in Wrathion's questline.
    The Alliance didn't betray them. They betrayed the Alliance by joining the Horde.

  15. #355
    OP Obviously has not played Warcraft for long or just knows nothing of the lore.

  16. #356
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    The Alliance didn't betray them. They betrayed the Alliance by joining the Horde.
    The Alliance pretty much kicked them out and imprisoned them because a racist general wouldn't help the elves and the elves found help from the Naga.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Its not a matter of opinion when FACTS back up the fact that this is one of the best expansions they have ever created.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    tl;dr: If you're going to post nonsense, don't post. Please just go.

  17. #357
    Instead of adding more races they should have expanded on the current ones, spend time re doing them making them look better and add more hairstyles, faces etc.

    But if you absolute must add new races, there are far better candidates than blue goats, werewolves and pandas, sadly Alliance seems to have gotten all the shit races, at least Horde races make some sort of sense, BEs being outcasts and hating the Alliance and the Goblins are a natural fit, Panda's arent.

  18. #358
    Herald of the Titans Grimord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Sorta agree.

    Pandaren feel out of place in the game. To me it's obvious that they were an easter egg / april fools joke...

    Yesterday I was doing a dungeon run with a blood elf death knight, undead warlock, orc warrior, troll priest, tauren druid and panda mage... The panda mage really was the odd one out in the picture.
    How ironic this post is... Is just awesome... You include a Blood Elf and the PANDAREN feels out of place? lol ^^
    Fallout 4 Hype!

  19. #359
    Quote Originally Posted by Into View Post
    Instead of adding more races they should have expanded on the current ones, spend time re doing them making them look better and add more hairstyles, faces etc.

    But if you absolute must add new races, there are far better candidates than blue goats, werewolves and pandas, sadly Alliance seems to have gotten all the shit races, at least Horde races make some sort of sense, BEs being outcasts and hating the Alliance and the Goblins are a natural fit, Panda's arent.
    It's high fantasy. They could make a race of sentient pink bouncy balls and it would fit. That's kind of the point of fantasy.

    3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

  20. #360
    Rated 12+ video game with cow men and gnomes with age groups as low as 6 to as high as 70 or more. Yep pandaren seem to fit in pretty well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •