Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Scarab Lord Kaneiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Iowa, United States
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    You like 90% of the other fanboys in this thread missed the point. I never said a major patch can only be defined by a raid. I never said dailies don't count as content. All I said is that Blizz is drumming this patch up to be a lot more than it is. And I have yet to see anyone give any proof that Blizzard themselves have ever used the term 'major patch' before, because I have certainly never seen them use it.
    It's the way they denote patch numbers. x.x denote major patches, x.x.x denote minor. It's the way a lot of patch naming schemes work & for the last 5 years, it's been their convention.

    I would say stop while you're ahead, but you're so far behind it's not possible.

    I don't care what they say in the release. I skimmed over the bold titles long before I read the actual paragraphs. It sounds like a major patch to me. New legendary progression, new story progression, new faction, etc.
    Hey, remember when I dropped my keys and you thought the phone was ringing?

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    I would say stop while you're ahead, but you're so far behind it's not possible.
    That would imply he was ahead in the first place.

  3. #63
    Herald of the Titans Suikoden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    2,707
    Seems I've come across a rather interesting thread.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Ah the Fanboy argument, how original, when someone disagrees with you is because hes a fanboy.

    God I love the internet.
    Not really an argument or an attack, just a reality. Most people on this forum are Blizzard fanboys, just the way it is. I get called a hater simply because I don't worship Blizzard. That 'argument' doesn't hold much weight either.

    *~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

  5. #65

    So...

    Let me get this straight. They are releasing a patch they consider major, and called it major twice. It is in fact not major, but we all foolishly believed them and only you saw through the disguise. That about right?

    Hey everyone, I am an alien from the planet Gorbaloob 23. That's right, I am an alien from the planet Gorbaloob 23.

    Get to work OP. There's going to be a lot of frightened lemmings out there. The fate of the human race lies in your hands.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    The point was that they said it at all. Its a very clear attempt of influencing players to believe this is a 'major patch' based on how Blizzard describes it, instead of players basing their opinion on the actual features in the patch.
    Technically speaking, the patch introduces new content. It's a major patch. A minor patch would be something like client sided bug fixes.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    Not really an argument or an attack, just a reality. Most people on this forum are Blizzard fanboys, just the way it is. I get called a hater simply because I don't worship Blizzard. That 'argument' doesn't hold much weight either.
    No, you get called a hater because all you do on this forum is bitch and bitch about nothing. That's all you do and whenever someone doesn't agree with you, they're a fanboy. Get over yourself and simply leave the forums if you dislike the game/company so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Funny story, my last gf was a lot younger than me, she kept calling me a pedophile. I was like "lol that's a big word for a 6 year old."
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I asked my dog how it likes to be fucked and it said, "Ruff."

  8. #68
    Mechagnome Virtuous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    575
    I'm pretty fucking sure people who have read this "major x2 thing" are already subbed to the game thus no propaganda.

    kbye
    Kazzak EU
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'"
    Tuch me

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    You like 90% of the other fanboys in this thread missed the point. I never said a major patch can only be defined by a raid. I never said dailies don't count as content. All I said is that Blizz is drumming this patch up to be a lot more than it is. And I have yet to see anyone give any proof that Blizzard themselves have ever used the term 'major patch' before, because I have certainly never seen them use it.
    It's a tad rude to call people names. Not agreeing with someone doesn't automatically mean one opinion is right and the other is wrong. They are opinions and not facts ergo cannot actually be wrong you see.

    That is why they are called opinions.

  10. #70
    Legendary! Evil Inside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    6,715
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Well fuck, time to quit. And to think I was actually enjoying this expansion, Stupid brain how dare you enjoy things!
    I know right, such a shame, I was just getting into it.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||HD6970/HD6950 crossfire|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||3x 1tb Western Digital HDD||

    Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

  11. #71
    A major patch is not coined as such by it's inclusion of content, it's called a major patch whenever the game receives an increase of at least .1 on it's overall release number.

    So let me get this straight, you're annoyed at Blizzard because they are apparently "bigging up" a patch by calling it by it's actual name? That's all they said..

    By the same thought train, do you also get annoyed when you walk through a market and you hear a guy trying to sell his "yellow" banana's? Because he is quite clearly overcompensating for an awful piece of fruit that wont even be it's natural colour.

    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

  12. #72
    What I find funny is that people actually think that they'll release 5.1 this year.

    This is why we take History class, so that we don't act like imbeciles when it comes to predicting. Never once has a major content patch come out so soon after the expansion. It'll be out by the end of Q1.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Alidori View Post
    Technically speaking, the patch introduces new content. It's a major patch. A minor patch would be something like client sided bug fixes.
    Amazing that you could quote what you did and still not get it. Whether it is or is not a major patch in technical terms is irrelevant Its the fact that Blizzard has to specifically TELL US multiple times that its a major patch, rather than let the content speak for itself. Its like a car salesman going, "Yes and the ALL NEW 2012 model features a MAJOR UPDATE, with fuel economy increasing from 21mpg to 21.5mpg. This MAJOR IMPROVEMENT is sure to satisfy our customers!"

    *~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    the truth is: wrath of the lich king spoiled the playerbase with their whole "1 raid per major patch" thing, but major patches were NEVER intended to be = new raid.
    Then Blizzard has nobody to blame but themselves. Their announcement only included a lot of fluff "content." If there's no raid, the patch isn't major. That's just the way most of the players see it.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

  15. #75
    I just noticed it says "Mists of Pandaria" and "Patch 5.1" twice as well. THIS MUST MEAN BLIZZARD IS GETTING DESPERATE BECAUSE MOP ISN'T SELLING GOOD!!!!
    "The secret of life is to appreciate the pleasure of being terribly, terribly deceived." -Oscar Wilde

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dinga/advanced

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    You like 90% of the other fanboys in this thread missed the point. I never said a major patch can only be defined by a raid. I never said dailies don't count as content. All I said is that Blizz is drumming this patch up to be a lot more than it is. And I have yet to see anyone give any proof that Blizzard themselves have ever used the term 'major patch' before, because I have certainly never seen them use it.
    you made bro? major major! oh major! Did I mention major? oh I must have forgot! major major major! lol blizz used major! oh noes!!

  17. #77
    Fluffy Kitten Cambria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rapture
    Posts
    9,381
    Keep in mind this is only a taste of what’s to come, and that there’s even more in store. Stay tuned for additional details as we prepare release Patch 5.1 for testing!


    Also, why are you surprised? Every patch/content/anything they put out they oversell. It's good marketing. They also call pretty much every patch that isn't just bug fixes and different adjustment 'major content patches'.

  18. #78
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    9,786
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    You like 90% of the other fanboys in this thread missed the point. I never said a major patch can only be defined by a raid. I never said dailies don't count as content. All I said is that Blizz is drumming this patch up to be a lot more than it is. And I have yet to see anyone give any proof that Blizzard themselves have ever used the term 'major patch' before, because I have certainly never seen them use it.
    I would guess the point is that about 12 hours before Blizzard put up the note about 5.1 being on the PTR you said this:

    You're right in the past they released expansion with enough content to last 6 months. Has Blizzard done anything in the last 2 years that would lead you to think they will actually be delivering new content at any kind of reasonable pace?
    To which I replied that no they hadn't but they were making noises about doing smaller patches more quickly and that something would likely be released for the holidays. We could only wait and see. To which you probably said something in that charming way you have.

    So I suppose you're somewhat annoyed about being wrong about that.

    EDIT: It really doesn't matter. Your post history clearly shows where you come down with regard to the game and Blizzard and that's your affair. It's amusing that you find 'fans' on a 'fansite' to be so astonishing though. So keep fighting the good fight. Au revoir.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2012-10-06 at 05:34 AM.
    A bit of civility and respect for others opinions goes a long way toward getting any respect in return. Overly hostile, profane and insulting posts are a sign that people don't really have anything to say. Profanity is best served out in very small doses.

    "Forum drama exists because people enjoy creating it." - ML/2013

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I would guess the point is that about 12 hours before Blizzard put up the note about 5.1 being on the PTR you said this:



    To which I replied that no they hadn't but they were making noises about doing smaller patches more quickly and that something would likely be released for the holidays. We could only wait and see.

    So I suppose you're somewhat annoyed about that.
    Yeah really annoyed...I lose sleep over MMO posts about WoW almost every night. I would agree with you that this is a smaller patch, which is my entire contention.

    *~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

  20. #80
    Did these thread really need to be made over the word major? The only thing the blue post said is that 5.1 will be a major patch. They also said they would list a few major features that had already gotten the green light. I didn't say that those were the only things that were being added plus there are likely minor features that are yet to be known.
    Seems to me that the OP is just desperate to complain about something. I will reserve judgment until I see what the release version of 5.1 looks like.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •