Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yeah, we get it. You hate World of Warcraft and everything Blizzard does you will be sure to point out how it's stupid, we're gullible, and you're smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Daleness View Post
    Among the niche things this little detail came up:

"While members of the Horde and the Alliance have been busy exploring the exotic continent of Pandaria, Garrosh and Varian have been gathering their forces in preparation for the struggle to exert the influence of the Horde and the Alliance over these long-lost lands. Players who have quested through Pandaria will see forces of both factions arrive in force on the shores of the unspoiled continent, bringing the tensions between the Horde and the Alliance into sharp focus. New daily quest hubs and faction reputations will be available to adventurers eager to do their part in the brewing conflict."

And ofcourse the follow up on Wrathion:
    ""Wrathion is keenly interested in the conflict exploding between the factions on Pandaria’s southern shore. He’s sure to have additional tasks for players to complete as they continue their quest for Legendary gear.""

So this part totally eluded you? Most likely the changes to Jade Forest they were talking about, two big armies arriving to take over the land.
    Yeah not major at all dipshit.
    By my info the Karasang Wilds are slated to become a seige engine battle field (there go those trees)
    http://www.wowpedia.org/5.1.0

P.S. Also since they just announced testing we only have snippets of the finished product so there's probably more...

10+ Year Old Account
    So basically. Coming up with 6 Raiding tiers in the two years will keep you happy?

Sure I'd prefer dungeons over Scenarios, but it's better than usual.
    As long as there is 3 raiding tiers this expansion, I'ma be happy.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kage View Post
    By my info the Karasang Wilds are slated to become a seige engine battle field (there go those trees)
    http://www.wowpedia.org/5.1.0

P.S. Also since they just announced testing we only have snippets of the finished product so there's probably more...
    Krasarang wilds my bad, just remember them first saying about it being on the shores of JF, forgot they changed that around.
    And the press realse say "south shores"

But this is still not considered a Major update in the eyes of the OP

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    Keep in mind this is only a taste of what’s to come, and that there’s even more in store. Stay tuned for additional details as we prepare to release Patch 5.1 for testing!

Yup you heard it here first folks. No Raid Content. Confirmed by Ghostcrawler.

People sure love to jump all over every little thing that Blizzard says. Good Lord. It makes me laugh.

Deleted
    Was just reading what all this mess is about and I can't honestly see why you freak out. It is a major patch because it brings new content to the game like the Brawler's *Get smashed down by a brawler* Agh! Oh.. Right, you are not suppost to talk about that, my bad.
    My point is that a major patch is something that brings new content to the game without being an entire new expansion.
    I would feel with you if they said: "MAJOR PATCH! Your character now shines in sunlight if you are bitten by a vampier bat!" (No bat Twillight Joke there, just keep reading) and since that is just a minor tweak, it could be released in a hotfix note. But this patch actually brings new stuff to the game and you find that bad because it ain't a raid?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm confused....exactly who are these gullible people? Is the OP referring to the people reading his post expecting some substance?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    How is this not closed yet? - Reported for transport to trashcan
    Dars is probably the only one that closes stuff lately here sadly :I

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    also: patch 1.2 - maraudon
    patch 1.3 - dire maul
    patch 1.4 - honor system
    patch 1.10 - weather effects
    to add to the list
    1.1 bug fixes of the release (yes, it was major)
    1.5 2 bgs
    1.8 remake of silithus
    1.12 cross realm bg
    2.2 voice chat
    4.1 zul'aman and zul'gurub as 5 mans.

10 out of 27 major patches (including the expansion patches) doesn't have raids attached to them. and so far of 27 major patches only 14 have a new raid dungeon tier attached to them so stop complaining

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can I just add that this is the best expansion ever !!

OK .. carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    The point was that they said it at all. Its a very clear attempt of influencing players to believe this is a 'major patch' based on how Blizzard describes it, instead of players basing their opinion on the actual features in the patch.
    and....what's wrong with that exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by albatross1 View Post
    to add to the list
    1.1 bug fixes of the release (yes, it was major)
    1.5 2 bgs
    1.8 remake of silithus
    1.12 cross realm bg
    2.2 voice chat
    4.1 zul'aman and zul'gurub as 5 mans.

10 out of 27 major patches (including the expansion patches) doesn't have raids attached to them. and so far of 27 major patches only 14 have a new raid dungeon tier attached to them so stop complaining
    You like 90% of the other fanboys in this thread missed the point. I never said a major patch can only be defined by a raid. I never said dailies don't count as content. All I said is that Blizz is drumming this patch up to be a lot more than it is. And I have yet to see anyone give any proof that Blizzard themselves have ever used the term 'major patch' before, because I have certainly never seen them use it.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

You like 90% of the other fanboys in this thread missed the point. I never said a major patch can only be defined by a raid. I never said dailies don't count as content. All I said is that Blizz is drumming this patch up to be a lot more than it is. And I have yet to see anyone give any proof that Blizzard themselves have ever used the term 'major patch' before, because I have certainly never seen them use it.
    I find it odd you just assume everyone in the thread are "fanboys" simply because they don't agree with you.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

All I said is that Blizz is drumming this patch up to be a lot more than it is.
    Boy, when they said 'Stay tuned for additional details,' it sure does imply that that's all that's going to be in the patch, boy-howdee!

The point was that they said it at all. Its a very clear attempt of influencing players to believe this is a 'major patch' based on how Blizzard describes it, instead of players basing their opinion on the actual features in the patch.
    x.1 x.2 x.3 x.4 patches usually are major patches aka new raid/bg/dungeons etc

Deleted
    I guess you were not around for the "major" patch of 2.2, which introduced... drumroll.... VOICE CHAT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah the Fanboy argument, how original, when someone disagrees with you is because hes a fanboy.

God I love the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysthalica View Post
    I guess you were not around for the "major" patch of 2.2, which introduced... drumroll.... VOICE CHAT!
    I guess I'm less focused on the number than the wording of Blizzard in the PR.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Where does it ever say that a "Major" patch has to be a RAID patch??

Sounds like it's got enough to be considered a Major Patch imo. Also if it WAS a raid patch, raiders would be overwhelmed, Average people will barely be halfway through the full 16/16 Heroic Bosses from this Tier.

No I think they can happily classify this a Major patch but without a raid, it's just not a Raid Patch. (Voice Chat anyone? Countless Vanilla patches which included like 1 Dungeon? etc)